Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #29
dan0617

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange SS Convertible
Did the shop that built it also tune it? If so then they should be on the hook for some of it. For sure tuner should have seen fuel system being an issue. If you weren't using the ADM FPCM then you might as well just have been on the stock pump.
2011 SS IOM Vert. ECS Vortech 13+ psi, Water/Meth, ID850’s, ZL1 pump with MSD Voltage Booster, 2800 stall, LT headers, Drag radials, Drag alignment, Cradle Bushings. A million other supporting mods. Tuned by Ted.
dan0617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #30
Ret Fuzz
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro
why? cause he will have no down time coming into the season....He can take his time building his old block and if he decides he can swap it back in at his leisure or sell it and recoup his costs. its not like its a bad investment. I speak from experience I have a spare long block in my garage I plan on forging
Ret Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:27 AM   #31
RobRiot88

Drives: 2010 SS 6m, black on black.
Hey guys, thanks everyone for the info and everyone has some good points. Ive been talking to the builder and some friends. I may have arrangements to have it fixed. I definitely want to go a different route with the pistons and fuel system. But i feel like if im going into it again i should take my time and do it right. But on the other side money is the boat anchor to my project. And the time is what eats at me personally lol. Obvioulsy the funding required to "complete" the whole car to meet my goal is going to take me a long long time to acquire now. So I'm trying to figure out a way to build it in stages again. Obviously repair/rebuild. But with components that will hold up for future power. Then maybe I can step up to little things, leading into a new trans/diff, then wheels/tires, then more turbo/fuel. The car now should be good for 650 range once the motor is repaired. And ill go from there, trying to not break the weakest links as i move to upgrade them. Thanks for letting me pour my thoughts out here Haha. Hopefully this next week ill know if I need to trailer it back to florida or start stripping it down.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #32
RobRiot88

Why would it tell me "oil pressure low, turn off engine"
Old 03-31-2014, 01:23 PM   #33
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Mine told me that when a main cap walked and a main bearing spun... One of the causes could be a bearing issue somewhere (main, rod, or cam).

Problem could be anywhere from the oil pressure sending unit (opsu) gone bad to a mechanical issue like mine...
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:05 PM   #34
RobRiot88

Oh lord. Please let my block be alright.
I guess I should start dismantling the top end. Drain the fluids and disconnect everything.