Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #15
robertgss3
Super Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro ABM and Sunrise Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgalles View Post
Do you know exactly what they did?
Not exactly other than installing the 516L to my car alarm with the Viper alarm as a voice module. Very time consuming and glad I didn't try it myself.

Thanks,

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3271&pictureid=24300
robertgss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #16
hair10

Drives: 2SS - Transformer Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Hey, someone just posted this on another thread:

https://www.ridetones.com/home

This looks like the exact solution to what you want to do.
I have it already (had it before the car arrived even!). I gave it to the dealer and they couldn't figure out how to get it installed. I wanted it tied to the lock/unlock signal on the key fob but they could get the lock/unlock to work or the ridetones unit to work... not both at the same time.

They did say that it's not something that they normally do however. Nobody takes their car to a dealer to have something like an aftermarket remote start installed, for example. Nobody wants to pay the $80 an hour to have the dealer do it.

I'm waiting for decent weather around here and then I'm going to take it to Best Buy and have them look at it. I figure they do aftermarket installs of electronics all day long after all.

hair10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #17
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hair10 View Post
I have it already (had it before the car arrived even!). I gave it to the dealer and they couldn't figure out how to get it installed. I wanted it tied to the lock/unlock signal on the key fob but they could get the lock/unlock to work or the ridetones unit to work... not both at the same time.

They did say that it's not something that they normally do however. Nobody takes their car to a dealer to have something like an aftermarket remote start installed, for example. Nobody wants to pay the $80 an hour to have the dealer do it.

I'm waiting for decent weather around here and then I'm going to take it to Best Buy and have them look at it. I figure they do aftermarket installs of electronics all day long after all.

Yikes! don't take it to best buy... they'll hack it all up.

find a local shop that does car audio. or even check out local sound competitions and see who some of the people use.
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #18
Ricown

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS CGM
Hey any luck with this or any updates?? Any luck with the ridetones thing?
Ricown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:55 PM   #19
hair10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricown View Post
Any luck with the ridetones thing?
I'll let you know tomorrow. Found a car audio place in town and they are going to take a look at it.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #20
hair10

OK... took it to a local car audio place today. The installer didn't think it would be a problem to put in. Made an appointment for the 24th of this month to get it installed.

I'll have to let you know after that how it went.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #21
IOM Phantom
Rodimus

Drives: 2010 Camaro!! 2SS IOM!!
Good luck! Hope it works, I want this done as well.
IOM Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:04 AM   #22
Sweet Caroline 2SS Aqua

Drives: 2SS Aqua
hair10----
Ok well I bought Ridetones as well. OK I really bought 4. No I don’t know why but I did. It looks like I have three extras. The install wont be hard but I wont be done soon.
Find the wires and tap in to it.

My questions is about the tones. Do you know how to put them in without paying the company again. 2 dollars per tone will add up. Also do you use the US or Europe site. It looks like to me that the US site hasn’t been updated recently 2006. Too bad I think. I will search the Europe one. Keep me informed on what your doing, and I will keep you informed on my progress. I bought the Knight Rider Style Scanner Lights from the forum and want to add the knight rider / Cylon Swish sound when the light is activated. I will try to do the DIY Photo thing of both when the Scanner Light arrives at the end of the month. Thanks for the IDEA.
Sweet Caroline 2SS Aqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #23
PWND

Drives: 2SS RS M6 Autobot
Send a message via ICQ to PWND Send a message via AIM to PWND
Quote:
Originally Posted by hair10 View Post
OK... took it to a local car audio place today. The installer didn't think it would be a problem to put in. Made an appointment for the 24th of this month to get it installed.

I'll have to let you know after that how it went.

is it the 24th yet or what.... DANG POOTIE!!! I NEED TO KNOW!! lol...

if all goes well... i gotta get this thing done before J2 gets it... j/k... but if it does work out.. i just might get it later...
PWND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #24
hair10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Caroline 2SS Aqua View Post
hair10----
Ok well I bought Ridetones as well. OK I really bought 4. No I don’t know why but I did. It looks like I have three extras. The install wont be hard but I wont be done soon.
Find the wires and tap in to it.

My questions is about the tones. Do you know how to put them in without paying the company again. 2 dollars per tone will add up. Also do you use the US or Europe site. It looks like to me that the US site hasn’t been updated recently 2006. Too bad I think. I will search the Europe one. Keep me informed on what your doing, and I will keep you informed on my progress. I bought the Knight Rider Style Scanner Lights from the forum and want to add the knight rider / Cylon Swish sound when the light is activated. I will try to do the DIY Photo thing of both when the Scanner Light arrives at the end of the month. Thanks for the IDEA.
As far as I know you have to go through the site. I really haven't looked into the file formats or if it can be done without purchasing from ridetones... I'm only interested in the sounds the robots make when changing forms, so it only cost me a couple of bucks.

I used the US site.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #25
hair10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWND View Post
is it the 24th yet or what.... DANG POOTIE!!! I NEED TO KNOW!! lol...

if all goes well... i gotta get this thing done before J2 gets it... j/k... but if it does work out.. i just might get it later...
Sounds like Sweet Caroline 2SS Aqua will have one to sell you if you decide to do it.

And yeah, I'm itching for the 24th as well. But the wait is balanced by the fact that these guys are only charging me $50 to get it done.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #26
hair10

OK, had the guy at the sound place work on it today. Called me up around noon and I was hoping he had it done but nope... he had locked the keys in the car (fell out of his pocket while he was under the dash). Thank you OnStar!

Anyway, called back a few hours later to tell me there was no way to hook the RideTones system to the lock/unlock signal. Told me why at the time but it's been a few hours. It made sense at the time but I'll be darned if I remember it now. But he had an idea. He noticed that the lights flashed when the lock/unlock button was pushed and he could tap into the amber lights. The only problem was that it would just be a single event so there would only be one sound available (I originally had two programmed, one for lock and one for unlock). OK, I said, that'll be fine. Do it.

Picked up the car and it worked! But of course, like everything I try to do I found a problem a minute later. I'm at a corner a few blocks away with the right hand turn signal on (he installed it on the passenger side) and the car is making sounds over and over again. Ack! The amber light is also the turn signal!! Drove back to the shop and talked to the installer again. He's giving it some thought and going to call me back.

There's a button on the unit itself (mounted in the glove box) to turn it off and on. I just don't have it on right now so that my car isn't "transforming" every time I turn right! It works... sorta. Hopefully he'll figure something out.

Sorry about the poor video quality. By the time I got home it was dark so this was taken in my garage with my Palm Pre.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #27
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Sweet, that's pretty cool. If Justin or Will get it on their cars I am going to hack it while they are not paying attention. Make it say..."Who's The Bitch Now"
Old 03-24-2010, 11:57 PM   #28
Sweet Caroline 2SS Aqua

Drives: 2SS Aqua
hair10
I Think I found the wires that need to be tapped into for the doors Lock signal and Unlock Signal that way you can play two different sounds.
if you look at the wiring found in this link

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24704

scroll down until you see
Power Lock
and
Power Unlock
it tells you the wire color and the location of the connector to tap.
If you print this out and take it to your install Guy it might help him.
Tell us how it works for ya.
--
Where did you mount the speaker?
and
Where did you mount the control box?
pretty cool Audible turn signals.
If you print this out and take it to your install Guy it might help him.
Sweet Caroline 2SS Aqua is offline   Reply With Quote