Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #15
CamaroBAMF28

Drives: Black 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Well then lets get the "Leno" treatment
i agree!!!
Old 05-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #16
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I see your point...yeah i dont know . Well hopefully it would be priced lower then the base SS.
I wouldnt pay 4k over my 2LT/RS for it thats for sure.
I think he was thinking that if it replaces the LLT all together.
If it came standerd on 1LT or 2LT models only im sure majority of people would spring for it
Man i would be so pissed off if that happened.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #17
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
My idea was to get the 6 with a SC and have all the joys of modern techno and more HP than the VB at about the same price. Cept been waitin for a year so far.
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #18
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
I don't think we will be seeing a TT LLT from GM. They will more likely come with a smaller V6 with turbo making about the same HP as the LLT and better mileage. SS will be smaller V8 with DI and Z28 will still have the bigger V8 with the SC. I wouldn't hold your breath on TT or SC from the aftermarket guys. I am sure someone will get one running, but it will probably be neither reliable or cost effective for most people.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #19
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachocheese View Post
I don't think we will be seeing a TT LLT from GM. They will more likely come with a smaller V6 with turbo making about the same HP as the LLT and better mileage. SS will be smaller V8 with DI and Z28 will still have the bigger V8 with the SC. I wouldn't hold your breath on TT or SC from the aftermarket guys. I am sure someone will get one running, but it will probably be neither reliable or cost effective for most people.
debbie downer
Old 05-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #20
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachocheese View Post
The one in discussion is a 3.0L, not the 3.6L we have right now.

Cost effective is a matter of opinion. For many buyers, a high-performance aftermarket kit is better for our wallets. We don't have to pay as much for gas, insurance, or financing at the time of purchase because we bought the V6 right away. That savings can go to aftermarket parts. Even after installing those parts, we don't have to pay as much for the car or the insurance, even if fuel cost goes up. We can trap higher speeds with less overall investment in the long run.

Try doing the math this way. Add up how much gas a V8 will take after 10 years. Add the extra cost of insurance and finance charges for a larger loan.

Using the same money down and time of ownership, 10 years, compare the V6. Until the installation of aftermarket parts, the V6 costs less for fuel. Even after that time, the insurance is based on the sale price of the car, meaning that V6 owners will pay less than V8 owners.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #21
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Im not going to hold my breathe on any usable, reliable FI for the V6 to come out any time soon.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:26 PM   #22
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Im not going to hold my breathe on any usable, reliable FI for the V6 to come out any time soon.
I don't see why not. A viable FI 4-cylinder powerhouse is in the Cobalt SS. The same could be done with 2 more cylinders.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #23
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
I'm no gearhead, but the LLT is not just a Cobalt engine with 2 more cylinders. The engines are completely different.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:05 AM   #24
esfkotaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6, Black with CGM
not terribly different in design overall, really, but there are a couple very significant differences:
designed with a turbo application in mind from the start
9.2:1 compression, as opposed to our 11.4:1
An ECU designed for a boosted application, compared to our all-but-completely locked-out, NA-intended, less understood ECU

Coming soon (end of summer, hopefully):
JBA Shorties :: Hurst or MTI Shifter (undecided)
New 20" Wheels (undecided) :: Fogs :: GFX :: CF Heat Extractor hood :: Painted-On CGM Stripes :: G-2 Painted Calipers :: Painted Bowties
esfkotaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #25
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I don't see why not. A viable FI 4-cylinder powerhouse is in the Cobalt SS. The same could be done with 2 more cylinders.
Im not saying that it wont happen, i just dont think it is going to happen in the next few months. Unless someone goes up to michigan and donates a car? lol.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #26
Rdditten

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2LT RS, STS TURBO
Send a message via AIM to Rdditten Send a message via Yahoo to Rdditten
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Hey SD, can you tell me how you did that engine cover? Any close up pictures? I like the look, Wonder if I can get that in Aqua Blue?
Rdditten is offline   Reply With Quote