Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-20-2013, 01:07 AM   #141
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
+1 on the magnaflow's with a cut out. That's my plan once I get a cam. It'll tame it for most driving but when you want to hear all the glory just flip a switch
Old 08-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #142
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartermile View Post
Funny thing the airline pilot loves my rumble. His wife.... ehhh not so much!
Why not invite the male neighbors in pairs to go out with you, in your Camaro, and get a lesson on "taming America's Best Muscle Car." You teach them a few pointers you learned and let them drive your car, spiritedly and toss your car around a bit. Just a bit. Your LEO neighbor will know someplace to run it where you won't be bothered by any other LEOs. Trust me, I do.

Then invite their wives to go with you (separately) for the same thing. Everyone comes back hot, happy, flushed with excitement (maybe horny as hell) They discuss it amongst themselves and who knows what happens... They start buying muscle cars and having sex in them and forget all about you. Problem solved.

All you need is one guy saying "Damn that Camaro is loud but it's so f**king fun to dive. I'm going out with him again next week. Or even better: one wife saying to her husband that she loved being allowed to drift that Camaro around and now she wants her own, really badly and she wants to jump hubby's bones in it every time they take it out for a spin.

You'll be busy helping them find their Camaros and planning their mods for them etc. No one will worry about your car. You'll be the f-ing hero to these guys with the now horny wives. That's what I call a good neighbor!
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #143
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Not much you can do about startup, but you certainly need to be mindful when driving in the neighborhood. All the time, but especially in the AM or late at night. I had Magnaflow catbacks on a V6 Mustang and people across the street said they could hear it across the street when I started it in the carport.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #144
tohper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
So much eaiser to be a dick.....
Body-removed stock decals had painted in inferno orange
tohper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #145
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Wonder if OP still has this car. This thread was just dug out of a 2 year old grave.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #146
nfl46

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
I want to do this mod, but I'm afraid my neighbors would be really annoyed and (p) off. The last place I live in, one of the guys had a mustang with REALLY loud exhaust pipes! I'm pretty sure everyone complained about it...it was ridiculous because he left for work every morning at 6AM and woke us all up.
nfl46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #147
dizz1410

Drives: Black 2011 SS - SS2 / Automatic
I'm looking into this. I'm really not sure yet how it works, but if you look it up you will see that it would for sure solve your problem!! You might have already seen it, but just in case check this out, and Good luck!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297580

- Dizz
dizz1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #148
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i would say drive your wifes ford focus. lol. the guy accross street from me has a z06, and yes, neighbors complain about it when talking. he knows its loud. it doesnt really bother me as much, but again, young kids, nite jobs, it would be annoying. i would tone the car down some to show you are sincere. maybe you can switch out some of the exhaust and maybe try to sell yours to diffuse the cost a bit/? good luck
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #149
dizz1410

Drives: Black 2011 SS - SS2 / Automatic
exhausted neighbors...

You might want to look into a product called "Manswitch" I know they have them on the LG motorsport sight. Not real sure how they work, but there's a video on youtube and it's pretty amazing. It's like going from stock to agressive pipes in a push of a button. Anyways, just thought I's throw that out there. Good luck bro!!

- Dizz
dizz1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #150
Liam
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwhiteman View Post
I would ask them if it seriously bothers them and explain your side. I can understand them wanting to be able to sleep, but you cant run your life by their schedule. Especially if you work at 7. Thats a normal working time. I say sucks for them to have to work at night. Just my opinion
I have to say I agree with the above. I'm in a unique situation that has both sides of your story, so maybe this will help a little.

My Camaro has Magnaflow Competition 3" catback. Not the loudest, but pretty noisy especially at cold start. I'm also a LEO that also happens to work the night shift. Being that I work night shift, I have to deal with the lawn people (they are around the neighborhood for hours) kids playing outside, loud cars, car stereos, people with home projects going on etc. BUT, I cant really complain about any of that, because as was stated they are doing normal activities at a normal part of the day, and I chose this shift knowing all of that would happen. I WISH the only thing I had to deal with was a neighbor with loud exhaust that lasts for what, two mins til you leave? Its really nothing they should have serious issues with in my opinion unless you sat in your driveway for an hour revving your engine lol.

I also agree having a light hearted conversation with them and explaining things is a good approach, and at the end hopefully... then
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #151
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
What is everyone missing here? The neighbors do not appreciate the noise level emitted by OP's car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartermile View Post
I thought they were just playing around once. But after bringing it up several times I'm pretty sure they're serious.
OP: It is good that you want to keep harmony with the neighbors and I agree that you should. As others have suggested, it seems you could find an exhaust system that is a bit less aggressive. I know you hate to do that but, put yourself in their place (and I think you have) - these guys work the hours they have to work to raise their families in a decent neighborhood. Just as you would expect them to respect your peace and quiet, you have to do the same for them. That's what neighborhoods are all about and (as a plus) you and your wife seem to actually like these folks. Do the right thing and quiet that beast down a little.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #152
MattSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Ultimately the HOA has no real power unless you are breaking laws or ordinances. Our's has sued people muliple times and they lose everytime.
Not always true. Wife suckered me into accepting a position on our board thinking it would help her get the pool she's been complaining about for 5 years. I've got a judge serving with me and he's been over the covenants/bylaws several times... he's pretty sure if we had a legitimate reason we could litigate. The real problem is convincing the neighborhood to PAY for it. Just gotta have things worded appropriately.

OP, I agree with the other folks here who say you need to have a chat with at least the LEO. If he tells you it really does bug him then you can bet it's really bothering the others.

If you want to go the route of being the jerk take a look at your covenants/bylaws and see if there's anything in there about noise/cars/anything else related... and make sure you're not breaking any city noise ordinances.
MattSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #153
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
This very situation is why I went with the standard exhaust. I get away with firing up the big block 1969 Camaro in either open headered and shorty muffler set ups, but it always in the garage with the doors closed, so it's not for long as the exhaust will choke you out. I love cars and I love racing, but as I have gotten older, I do not want to be the "problem", and really do not want to hear others either on a regular basis. I hope everything worked our for the OP.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #154
Liltuffgirl

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I'm lucky I live in a quiet neighborhood with a bunch of old people that are retired. I flip flop nights and days at work.
Most of my co workers sleep during the day using ear plugs... I'm sure there is much more noise going on than just you leaving for work.

Although I have to admit there is a douche that drives down my road on the weekends with his bass thumping shaking everything. I'd love to punch him in the throat...

2013 SS
Liltuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote