Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #15
st33v

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I agree with everyone...tell us what the problem is lol. I've been to a bunch of chevy dealerships and I talked to most of the mechanics there and they're pretty clueless about the cars. I bet you everyone on this forum is much better and more experienced than them so let us help you out!!
st33v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #16
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Ask mexico to help you out with that, they take cars from Az all the time that owners dont want lol

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #17
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shan1997 View Post
I was just asking what are the odds of getting another car after numerous repairs and if it doesn't seem like it can be fixed.
There is a 0% chance of getting another car from this.

If your current dealer can't fix the issue, you might need to find a different dealer or independent service shop.
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:24 PM   #18
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzurguy View Post
That's what I'm saying. I paid for it, FIX IT!!
then they should be held accountable if you take it somewhere else, you'll have to pay them diag also
Old 02-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #19
shan1997

Drives: 2013 Red Hot Camaro
I have the same issue I've heard many mention here on the forum. I'm hearing a rattling or vibration sound at speeds of 40-50mph especially going up an incline. They first thought it was the exhaust and replaced the O rings. It kept making the sound so they then said it was the right side catalytic converter pushing against the heat shield so they adjusted or tightened the bolts. That didn't do it so they then replaced the right converter(most recently). But yet it still makes the sound. I was hesitant to yet again contact them cause it seemed like they were tired of seeing me complain about the same problem. I got the feeling they were thinking I was being too high Maintenance and wanted a perfect car. Its not that at all, I just know it's not supposed to be making the sound it is. Through research on my own on this forum I found there is a TSB about the 2012 LT camaros and the sound I've been hearing. It mentioned the torque converter which is different than the catalytic converter that needs to be replaced. I have an appt to see them next week for a "possible" 4th repair "IF" they can reproduce the sound. I can't get it to make the sound on command so if they don't hear it then what? Deal With it?
I did take it to another dealership but they were no help
At all. They suggested I take it back to the dealership who had done previous work on it. I was hoping for a fresh set of eyes.
shan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #20
wayne watson

i'll say you have to expect some noise from a car cause it is a car (I deal with the craziest stuff at work ) however something that's as loud and annoying as what your describing should be delt with and don't worry about if they're getting tired of you or not, your the customer and paid money. the new thing at work is people complain about noise when you turn the wheel all the way WHILE sitting still. just a example
)
Old 02-15-2014, 07:31 PM   #21
wayne watson

sorry, I didn't read the whole thing before commenting. no don't just deal with it because if torque conv is bad it could hurt the trans. get it fixed before warranty expires because that's a easy couple grand repair. sometimes we have to drive cars several times before problem can be duplicated. believe it or not a lot of times the problem does'st happen on 1st drive
Old 02-15-2014, 07:32 PM   #22
Zig Zag

Drives: 2014 1LT
Quote:
I loved my car at first but now after all these repairs, I'm frustrated and just want it gone.
Looks like you answered your own question.
Maybe time to trade it in?
Zig Zag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #23
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
I have the same issue I've heard many mention here on the forum. I'm hearing a rattling or vibration sound at speeds of 40-50mph especially going up an incline. They first thought it was the exhaust and replaced the O rings. It kept making the sound so they then said it was the right side catalytic converter pushing against the heat shield so they adjusted or tightened the bolts. That didn't do it so they then replaced the right converter(most recently). But yet it still makes the sound. I was hesitant to yet again contact them cause it seemed like they were tired of seeing me complain about the same problem. I got the feeling they were thinking I was being too high Maintenance and wanted a perfect car. Its not that at all, I just know it's not supposed to be making the sound it is. Through research on my own on this forum I found there is a TSB about the 2012 LT camaros and the sound I've been hearing. It mentioned the torque converter which is different than the catalytic converter that needs to be replaced. I have an appt to see them next week for a "possible" 4th repair "IF" they can reproduce the sound. I can't get it to make the sound on command so if they don't hear it then what? Deal With it?
I did take it to another dealership but they were no help
At all. They suggested I take it back to the dealership who had done previous work on it. I was hoping for a fresh set of eyes.

do you have an Auto or a Manual Transmission?

if it is an auto my thought would be the damn spring loaded baffles in the exhaust for the AFM drone.

they rattled and bugged the crap out of me, so I had them welded open, AFM drone doesn't bother me.

these are what I am referring too:

if you have a Manual sorry no clue...
Old 02-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #24
wayne watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
do you have an Auto or a Manual Transmission?

if it is an auto my thought would be the damn spring loaded baffles in the exhaust for the AFM drone.

they rattled and bugged the crap out of me, so I had them welded open, AFM drone doesn't bother me.

these are what I am referring too:

if you have a Manual sorry no clue...
wth are those and why
Old 02-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi shan1997,

I'm sorry to hear about this! Please let us know if you would like our involvement. We would be happy to contact your dealership for further information.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
I've had numerous repairs on my car (at least 3-4) at my dealership and the problem is still not solved. I know if it were a new car it would more than likely fall under the Lemon Law and it would be replaced. My car is a 2012 and is no longer under warranty. However, the problem has been present since it was under warranty in 2012. Are their any policies in place on how many times a car can be unsuccessfully repaired before you can get a replacement or a car comparable to what you already have. I loved my car at first but now after all these repairs, I'm frustrated and just want it gone.
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:01 PM   #26
shan1997

Drives: 2013 Red Hot Camaro
I do have an automatic. I will show this to them and see what they think. Thanks! It's worth a shot
shan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:02 PM   #27
wayne watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi shan1997,

I'm sorry to hear about this! Please let us know if you would like our involvement. We would be happy to contact your dealership for further information.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
there you go problem should be solved soon
Old 02-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #28
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
wth are those and why
they are baffles, designed to open and close when the AFM kicks in, spring loaded and the function based on exhaust resonance, no electrical parts, slow exhaust flow and they close and the drone "goes away" frankly I never noticed a difference in sound regarding the drone..

they do however rattle and make it sound like something is loose and coming apart in the rear of the car, at first I actually thought it was something in the suspension.

when I had the resonators cut off and straight pipes welded in I had them welded open, muffler shop just welded a bar across them so they can't move.

rattle has been gone since.

Quote:
I do have an automatic. I will show this to them and see what they think. Thanks! It's worth a shot

if it is a buzzing rattle sound that sounds like something is loose it's probably the issue.