Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #15
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
I got a question. What would it sound like IF you took the ar25 resonator and replaced the stock resonator THEN used the magnaflow to replace stock mufflers??? Working together they could sound amazing AND no one on here has tried this. While you still have it all, I would try it.
I would think the stock resonators & the AR25s are not much different.
The Magnaflows as in there V6 system (oval ones) are too close to stock sounding. IMO
Magnaflow said (app.3wks. ago) they were not going to make a V6 system like the one they have for the V8.....Axle-back with the Round smaller mufflers................Which I LIKE !

97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #16
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
i thought ar25 is supposed to be highflow. well anyway. someone one should try a highflow resonator with their axleback and see how it sounds. SLP is shipping my kit at the end of august. i might get some highflow resonators just to try the combo.
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #17
tcamp

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
Quick question... I was looking at that magnaflow muffler online and it says it has "True-X" technology built in. Does that mean it has some sort of internal X pipe? If so, does this have an H and an X? Perhaps it would have been better to put this muffler where the current H is?

Anyways, absolutely love the sound and if you have exact part numbers I'd be really interested in doing some more research.
tcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #18
tcamp

Think I found the exhaust...it is:
Part # 12468 Magnaflow - Performance Muffler 5" x 8"

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=8203

Last edited by tcamp; 08-10-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #19
suavecito1177

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS CGM, Black H/H
I was thinking about adding in the AR25's right before the tips, but I think she sounds pretty good right now.

The reason he did the dual in dual out was because he did a full custom job on an SS with longtube headers and high flow-cats with this same muffler and str8 pipe from there back and she sounded wicked, but I wasn't trying to get the same sound especially out of a V6. He did it for cheap though and I thought the AR25's were too raspy for me and especially my wife.

I'll have the part# tomorrow morning and I'll post it. If it is a True-X I might have them rip out the H-pipe when I get some high-flow cats.

Question for you guys, being that we have 4 cats and 4 O2 sensors can I install 2-high flow cats and still pass inspection. Also will having only two cats mess with the ECM with the placment of the O2 sensors. 1 sensor is before the first cat and one emmediatlly after it, right before the second cat.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #20
tcamp

From what I understand the stock cats are pretty damn good. you may get 1-2 hp more with after market and spend a bunch of money doing so.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #21
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
With the AR25's installed, it looks like you replaced the stock resonators rather than adding the AR25 in place of the stock mufflers. If you were trying to mimic the sound of "scrming"'s V6 with the AR25's, maybe that's why you weren't happy with the sound.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31844
Think you are right... It very hard to judge this stuff just by listening to videos... but I don't think my sound is quite so harsh/loud at start up /idle... I'm thinking those stock resonators mid-stream really mellow things out...

@suavecito1177 - thanks for sharing YOUR experiment!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #22
tcamp

Hey Sauvecito, I did a little more digging around on that muffler and it does appear to have a built in X pipe. Does anyone know what the consequence of having an X Pipe after an H pipe is? Is there a consequence?

I also read that if you are going to install an X pipe it is important to have it the correct distance from the engine so that the firing order causes the exhaust to cross at the right times. It can actually be counterproductive to have an X pipe too far back.

Can anyone smarter than me verify this?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #23
Rygain

Drives: VW Scirocco 2009, Chevy Camaro
OMG !!

Very nice sound
Rygain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #24
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Scrming - How raspy is yours around climb-to-cruise from around 1500 to 3000 RPM ? I drove a Magnum Hemi with a Borla Catback system a few years ago and at idle it sounded great and when 'getting on it' it sounded great, but at lower speeds and climbs, sitting in the backseat was awful. I am just about sold on your install, but don't want that overly raspy vibration in the car at times, that just makes talking or music unheard. Can you give more detail on your sound above idle ?
Thanks
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:35 PM   #25
bluecamaroguy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS ABM!
Can't you lose performance with magnaflow?
bluecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #26
tcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecamaroguy View Post
Can't you lose performance with magnaflow?
?? Magnaflow is certainly better than stock. I suppose if you installed magnaflow and had a hole in the exhaust or something it could be worse...
Old 08-11-2009, 05:49 PM   #27
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by calflan View Post
Scrming - How raspy is yours around climb-to-cruise from around 1500 to 3000 RPM ? I drove a Magnum Hemi with a Borla Catback system a few years ago and at idle it sounded great and when 'getting on it' it sounded great, but at lower speeds and climbs, sitting in the backseat was awful. I am just about sold on your install, but don't want that overly raspy vibration in the car at times, that just makes talking or music unheard. Can you give more detail on your sound above idle ?
Thanks
I really do need to make an in cabin video... hmmmmmm
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #28
CamaroBAMF28

Drives: Black 2LT RS
suave ..... that wud be sick if you can get the model number for the magnaflow exhaust. the first video where you have the aero turbine resonators. i really like that and it doesnt sound like it wud be expensive.
CamaroBAMF28 is offline   Reply With Quote