Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-30-2014, 10:15 PM   #211
EETSMine

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM #3566
I stopped by my dealer today and they told me point blank you can refuse any recall, but they cannot be held liable if the recalled part fails. So this whole thing is about one thing and one thing only GM doing a CYA.

The best part was I asked to talk to them about my Camaro key-o-death and all the service writers got a bit of a chuckle out of it.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #212
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I'd be more satisfied with a 2002 Camaro fob. This recall blows....

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #213
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Picked up my 2014 2LT/RS last night.

Went to the dealer Sunday to make the deal, would not let me take the car until last night so they could make up the new keys and modify the fobs. Only found one fob, so I have 2 keys and one modified fob, and they ordered me the second fob.

The modified fob really isn't that bad looking, but I could care less at least I have my Camaro that I had to wait two weeks to actually get delivered to me.

P.S. the dealer let me test drive the car with the original switchblade keys....
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #214
LittleRed_SS

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/2008 Trailblazer SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalSS View Post
I was told at the dealership today that you can decline the new key if the new key wasn't done already I was able to test drive a new ss2ss today
My dealer still won't let me test drive till new keys arrive, supposedly in the next day or two. Told them only thing keeping me from buying today was a test drive.

This is what I'm looking at.....

Update! Finally let me test drive on Friday the 4th, picking it up on Monday. Said they had to get new keys cut, ask if they couldn't let me have both switchblade keys and new ones, we'll see. Got 0%/72 months, no payment for 90 days!
Attached Images

Last edited by LittleRed_SS; 07-05-2014 at 04:48 PM. Reason: update
LittleRed_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:01 PM   #215
SSteven

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSteven View Post
When someone has the new key with separate FOB, would you try starting the car without the FOB being anywhere near the car? For example, make sure your car is disarmed and leave the FOB inside the house. Then go outside and start the car with just the key.

This test will verify if the chip is in the key or remains in the FOB. For those of us that don't want to use the factory FOB any more (i.e. aftermarket alarm), this would be very helpful info.
Wanted to give anyone interested in aftermarket alarms an update. I had the recall done over lunch and the car starts without needing the stock FOB with me. In other words, I only have to carry the one FOB (Viper one) now which is great for me.

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Replaced with 2013 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:47 PM   #216
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
So maybe we can ditch the fob and just carry the key to unlock the doors and start the car. What goes round comes round. Just like the old days!
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #217
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Ok just got off the with my car dealer ! I've had my car over a week now signed the waiver and they said that the new keys are in and that I needed to bring my car in to do he recall .. I told them only if I can keep the switch blade key in tacked . They said they can't do that ?? Huh I'm lost
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #218
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Ok just got off the with my car dealer ! I've had my car over a week now signed the waiver and they said that the new keys are in and that I needed to bring my car in to do he recall .. I told them only if I can keep the switch blade key in tacked . They said they can't do that ?? Huh I'm lost
Did you read the waiver you signed? It may have been just a temporary one until they got the keys. If it wasn't temporary then tell them to forget it.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #219
Scotty D

Not sure
Old 07-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #220
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
Somebody bein' bad on here.
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #221
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I think the waiver only allowed you to take delivery of the vehicle, but did not waive the new keys and modified fob. Don't know how the dealer got around delivering a new Camaro without the new keys.

I tried the same thing at my dealer, no dice. They had the new key blanks in stock and told me that GM told the dealer no delivery of new Camaro would happen without the new keys and modified fob.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #222
hd48

Drives: SS2 Rally Yellow Lt Grey Leath
Cool Key

NOT HAPPENING LOOKS LIGHT SH T, Anyway I think if you are over 6ft your knees are up close to to the key, move the seat back Duh
hd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:28 PM   #223
Scotty D

I just am not going to go and let them do it period
Old 07-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #224
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSteven View Post
Wanted to give anyone interested in aftermarket alarms an update. I had the recall done over lunch and the car starts without needing the stock FOB with me. In other words, I only have to carry the one FOB (Viper one) now which is great for me.
I can now go to this. The key from a car dealership contest but is similar.
Attached Images