Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-12-2014, 04:58 PM   #953
archtaan

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouTiger View Post
Troy and Tim! Wondered where you folks been hiding! Didn't know you were hanging out here with the Chevy guys!!!
Howdy buddy. How is everything doing? The wife is doing well I hope. I need to stop in at MMF and see what is up!
archtaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #954
archtaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
They made 1826 1LE's in 2013. Not many people knew they could get one. Sales will be at least double for 2014 when they release the numbers.
You are correct. I stand corrected. The 1413 was for 2SS and it looks like there were 413 1SS's built which I missed on the chart.

I guess the point is, the sales on 1LE's suck for such an awesome package and such a good price point.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #955
BayouTiger

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8
You and Troy need to get your butts to Beeville in October and hang out!!! Gonna be epic!

(as usual!)
Old 07-12-2014, 06:20 PM   #956
hd48

Drives: SS2 Rally Yellow Lt Grey Leath
Cool hellcat

Its a Boat with alot of HP, a Staight Line car if you like.Close the door and tell me if has some material in it
hd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #957
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
What is wrong with going fast in a straight line? Oh wait, our camaros get beat there so we have to run drag racing down. I'm sure straight line performance would matter more here if the camaro was king at the quarter. For me, I would rather have a 10 to 11 second factory built car with a warranty than a car that is faster at a road coarse. The later isn't as usable in the real world. Think about. When you have a bud with and they want to know if your hot rod is fast, what do you do? You mash the go peddle for a short lic.
I don't know how anyone could possibly knock a 707hp factory car of any make and call themselves a car guy. Guess I will never get Fanboyism no matter what brand you sleep with. I know I'm signing up for one and I'll park it along side my ZL1 unless it ruins me for it.

Last edited by motorhead; 07-12-2014 at 09:02 PM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #958
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Five years ago if you told me a Camaro enthusiast forum would talk down drag racing I literally would not have believed you. It's like an Orwellian nightmare.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #959
RoostKing

Drives: Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Five years ago if you told me a Camaro enthusiast forum would talk down drag racing I literally would not have believed you. It's like an Orwellian nightmare.
I havent been around here long, but I did post a vid of the 10.85 runs. The moderator moved it in here, to be buried, so I believe you are correct. Big Brother is watching, and they dont want you watching!!!

Exciting times right now, and Im not missing out on this HC. Hate to see my 392 go, but this is just too much to pass up
RoostKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #960
archtaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouTiger View Post
You and Troy need to get your butts to Beeville in October and hang out!!! Gonna be epic!

(as usual!)
Shoot me the details over at MMF.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #961
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoostKing View Post
I havent been around here long, but I did post a vid of the 10.85 runs. The moderator moved it in here, to be buried, so I believe you are correct. Big Brother is watching, and they dont want you watching!!!

Exciting times right now, and Im not missing out on this HC. Hate to see my 392 go, but this is just too much to pass up
No. It was put here because we already had 10 threads about the Hellcat. You know the rule that says "check before you post". That's why it was put here.

Last edited by G-Oil Guy; 07-12-2014 at 07:46 PM.
G-Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #962
BayouTiger

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd48 View Post
Its a Boat with alot of HP, a Staight Line car if you like.Close the door and tell me if has some material in it
That's funny right there! I don't think any of us want to get into a discussion of interior build quality! Let's stick to exciting things on the performance front for all the makes. This has been a great discussion about the joys of American muscle, of all flavors.

FWIW, I'd be happy to make a few turns at the track with you if you like!
Old 07-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #963
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Something being overlooked by some is a relatively modern convenience I suspect Fiat-Chrysler paid a LOT of attention to: electronics.

"Skinny" tires aren't so skinny when the launch electronics are turned up to "KILL!"

The other data missing is the torque curve, and when/where all that boosted low end grunt hits. Again, electronics come into play...

You'll also notice this one is Automatic-equipped, which adapts well to a fully integrated electronic system.

There are New OEM cars with less than 700 hp running 10s in the 1/4-mile...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:50 PM   #964
RoostKing

Drives: Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
No. It was put here because we already had 10 threads about the Hellcat. You know the rule that says "check before you post". That's why it was put here.
I did check and there was (1) No post with the runs I mentioned and (2) I checked the rules and there is nothing to say that you must add your post to a 30 + page thread that is already going.

Anyway, doesnt matter. I just cant wait for the rematch with the ZL-1 I ran into a couple of months ago lol
RoostKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:14 PM   #965
Chevrolade
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Who hit you Camaro and Mustang
Chevrolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:50 PM   #966
AEP11
Account Suspended

Drives: Secret
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Something being overlooked by some is a relatively modern convenience I suspect Fiat-Chrysler paid a LOT of attention to: electronics.

"Skinny" tires aren't so skinny when the launch electronics are turned up to "KILL!"

The other data missing is the torque curve, and when/where all that boosted low end grunt hits. Again, electronics come into play...

You'll also notice this one is Automatic-equipped, which adapts well to a fully integrated electronic system.

There are New OEM cars with less than 700 hp running 10s in the 1/4-mile...

Wait you mean to tell me you really think the car/pass in the promo was THE actual 10.8 pass?? Lol

That 10.80 pass could very well have been with the 6 speed.

Who knows, dodge may release another video of the auto specifically bettering that time.

Its also worth noting that i just got word that it ran that 10.8 in Colorado. 6000ft DA. Sounds unbelievable to me so ill be doing some more research and see what I find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AEP11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dodge, hellcat, horsepower, srt