Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 07-13-2015, 08:50 PM   #1
RichSS2006

Drives: 2010 2SSRS
New England Regional Camaro Fest?

I talked to a few members about potentially planning a New England Regional Camaro Fest. Looking for some thoughts on this topic. Where, When, Activities, Sponsors, etc...I was thinking Central Massachusetts so that it's relatively easy drive for everyone. Let me know your thoughts, ideas and comments.
Rich
Old 07-14-2015, 12:34 AM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
It'd be nice i think the first thing needed is a list of potential places in your said area and work from there.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:00 AM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20131lt View Post
Im up for it. I run a cruise night on saturday nights in chicopee mass that would be close enough for ct and mass members even southern vt nh members its all grass area about 10 acres have a cruise night this saturday from 4pm to 8 pm if you want to check the place out address is 610 lombard rd chicopee mass. I could meet you some place before 3pm if you want to check it out.
Ya that's about as non-centralized as your gonna get for most people even in southern, nh thats a longer ride then RICOA. On a map it looks great on a driving standpoint it's out there. Not saying i wouldn't go one way or another but when someone says central ma, they mean accessibility wise i think what most mean is around framingham area.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 07-14-2015, 09:04 AM   #4
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

If we knew what it would take to get devens for a day that'd be a decent spot. Also didn't they reopen the dragway in orange, ma last year?

Old 07-14-2015, 10:35 AM   #5
RichSS2006

I've spoken to Lime Rock today. They want to work with us. I know it's not central to anyone, but they have options. They are aware of Camaro5 and our showing for the Royals event and IMSA coming up. I plan on calling NH Speedway next. Details to follow.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:37 AM   #6
MJI

Drives: 2013 ABM 2SS
Hi guys, I'm new on here and not familiar with any events really so please bare with me, but I live in Stafford Springs, CT which is on the MA border and right off I84 and has Stafford Motor Speedway. They host the biggest subaru meet in the US there and may be able to do something similar for us Camaro guys. The Arute's who own it are good to work with if you guys would be interested. I can even go talk with them if I know what you're looking for. It would be nice to have a day here listening to the rumble of Camaro's around town instead of the whine of subaru's all day
MJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:43 AM   #7
MJI

Drives: 2013 ABM 2SS
Just to give you an idea it's called the Wicked Big Meet if you want to see what they do.... wickedbigmeet.com
MJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:46 AM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSS2006 View Post
I've spoken to Lime Rock today. They want to work with us. I know it's not central to anyone, but they have options. They are aware of Camaro5 and our showing for the Royals event and IMSA coming up. I plan on calling NH Speedway next. Details to follow.
I'd go to any location regardless it's an NEC5 event makes it all the more worth it. I also know that finding a place in Mass. is pretty much a 20/80 shot with the lack of available places apparently the elderly population (not members you know what i mean) doesn't like the same noise they made back in the 60's and 70's. NH Speedway is a bitch to work with i've worked up there during races even got invited to a few SCCA events by members i know really well. Guess what i got told when i brought my camaro up there with the SCCA crew who gave me a 100% go ahead as an invite from one of their members a close friend of mine. They basically said no, he can't even come in much less put his car on the track. I had a loaner helmet that fit would've easily passed tech inspection new tires etc. Ever since it was sold they've become very unfriendly the group running NHMS is all about $$$ and if you don't like it we'll ask for more $$$ and not give a shit about the culture we make money from. They have some cool events up there they're just not very polite in how they represent themselves or maybe i am used to the way things used to be done up there when the bahr family was in charge.

Last edited by Evil-Bee-NH; 07-14-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #9
Bud 1LE 2SS RS

Drives: 2015 1LE Suspen 2SS RS Green Flash
Evil, That's why I gave up my seasons passes I held for 15 years. And your correct from the Bahr family to the Smiths it has changed a lot.
Lime Rock knows the club after the last 2 years and they like us!
Could maybe get some track time there?
Old 07-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #10
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

See the NEC5Fest poll thread i got going it's just a feeler poll but it may help get some ideas going. Getting pricing would most likely be our next step.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:25 PM   #11
RichSS2006

I should have some information from LRP in an email soon. We have the option of track day (really only a 1/2 day) big dollars or an auto cross event. The autocross is much easier and less risky. It would be cheaper too. Could be optioned with a car show, swap meet, concessions, etc. I'll let everyone know what I receive. I'm trying to get a contact with Deven also. If someone knows how to contact them please let me know. One of the local speedways up north would be cool with me too. What's up in VT or NH as far as race tracks? Anyone have any ideas for sponsors? Shoot me a PM. I'm thinking this event would be for next summer if it is big enough.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:22 PM   #12
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I also know that finding a place in Mass. is pretty much a 20/80 shot with the lack of available places apparently they prefer their kids deal drugs and guns then spend money on their cars.

That was kinda rough kev
I'm from mass��
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:23 PM   #13
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
All ideas should be posted. We never know what greatness could come
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:49 PM   #14
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
Autocross at Thompson Motor Speedway is a blast, here's this link to last years thread with some videos and yes that is Charlie with his Big #3 on the door out in front of me on Run 3 making his run...yes our cars work in the rain too.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=autocross

This is a good entry level activity that should be explored, that we either do what we've done in the past and join the crew at Deven's Airfield or try to hook up with the CART guys.

Here are some available dates:

AUG 9 Sun Points Event #7

AUG 29 Sun Points Event #8 Attack of the Cones

SEP 19 Sun Points Event #9 Orange Crush

OCT 11 Sun Stirling Moss Runoff

http://www.ner.org

I'd love a touring track day, but that's more advanced, more $$ and I think after a few autocrossing events, we could work the group up to it. We have some members, like Devin that would be most helpful if we progress to this point as he does this on a regular basis.

It would be great to rent Deven's for ourselves, but we'd have to figure out setting up a course. Member Treplatano is also a serious autocrosser and would be a great resource if we tried to attempt an NEC5 only autocross event.