Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #29
Jmiller

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
FOG LIGHTS D.R.L.'S

DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A WAY TO MAKE YOUR FOG LIGHTS THE DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS, JUST LIKE ON THE RS. I CURRENTLY HAVE A 2LT AND I'M GOING TO INSTALL THE OEM HALOS AND JUST WANT MY CAR TO LOOK LIKE THE STOCK RS.
Jmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:32 AM   #30
AuSStinVRCamaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
I have an LS so when I put in my fogs I just had them wire the lights to a switch so I can just turn them on whenever I wish but I know there is a way a lot of forum members have done it here I'll try to find the thread for you!
AuSStinVRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #31
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmiller View Post
DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A WAY TO MAKE YOUR FOG LIGHTS THE DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS, JUST LIKE ON THE RS. I CURRENTLY HAVE A 2LT AND I'M GOING TO INSTALL THE OEM HALOS AND JUST WANT MY CAR TO LOOK LIKE THE STOCK RS.
Hmm....most people, including the RS guys, want to ditch their DRL. They aren't as bad as the non-RS IMO but I would still have them gone if I had the option.

I got to see pics of the new plug-n-play wiring harness to get rid of the DRL for the non-RS the other day. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I have it in hand. I then have to verify it will all work correctly. It will also make the fogs come on automatically at night.

It's been a slow process but it's being custom made by someone who makes them on the side. Not really pushing him to hard but it should eventually happen.

Here is a teaser.....looks like alot of wire but remember that you have to have power, negative, a relay, and enough wire to go from the driver side to the passenger side and then down to the fog light harness in the bumper. As you see this isn't a hack job.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #32
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
I just did an AAC Harness install the night before last and it went perfect!

Clean harness, easy to do. Hardest part is that the AAC Harness is that there are no oem plugs for the headlights so you have to use t taps for that end. Not really a problem though.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sou...19356238086357

Oh, and on a sidenote, if you want to disable the yellow turning signals, you just cut the middle wire of your turning signal bulb harness and they'll only illuminate when you signal. PM me if you need more help in this.

Came out pretty sweet.
Ivan

Last edited by Ivan @ Southwest Speed; 03-19-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #33
AuSStinVRCamaro

Just curious has anyone heard from ottobody lately? Ive been trying to reach them sending numerous emails to dylan and todd the past few weeks about the lights only being stuck on high and the occasional flickering and still waiting on a response from them? I know theyre busy but it would be nice just to have an acknowledgement.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #34
PCOLASHAN

Drives: 2SS
"occasional flickering ", can you please elaborate?? I had this happen once, trying to figure out was it the HID or the harness...thanks!! Side note, your best bet is to call Dylan, he's not great at answering emails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSStinVRCamaro View Post
Just curious has anyone heard from ottobody lately? Ive been trying to reach them sending numerous emails to dylan and todd the past few weeks about the lights only being stuck on high and the occasional flickering and still waiting on a response from them? I know theyre busy but it would be nice just to have an acknowledgement.
PCOLASHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:47 PM   #35
AuSStinVRCamaro

Ive stopped using the Hids during the day and just turn them on at night and they're flawless that way still not able to go from high beam to low beam though...do you leave yours on as automatic??
Old 03-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #36
caverman

Quote:
Ive stopped using the Hids during the day and just turn them on at night and they're flawless that way still not able to go from high beam to low beam though...do you leave yours on as automatic??
I don't know anything about Otto's harness but it looks like the harness I had made is going to fix the issue with the DRL from a non-RS. I barely got it finished up on the install after work but it was dark by the time I finished up. I'm going to run it through the final testing today but in the initial testing it all worked perfect and it's plug-n-play.....meaning no cutting or splicing of wires or altering your headlight switch.

The basic on it is that during the day in DRL mode there is no power to the headlights....no DRL. At night the power is picked up from the taillight and it powers the headlights. Then the relay will automatically turn on the foglights. So, without touching anything or altering my headlight switch I have no DRL and then at night I have full headlights and fog lights on at the same time. My brights work perfect as well.

This should be something you can add in addition to Otto's harness.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 03-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #37
AuSStinVRCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I don't know anything about Otto's harness but it looks like the harness I had made is going to fix the issue with the DRL from a non-RS. I barely got it finished up on the install after work but it was dark by the time I finished up. I'm going to run it through the final testing today but in the initial testing it all worked perfect and it's plug-n-play.....meaning no cutting or splicing of wires or altering your headlight switch.

The basic on it is that during the day in DRL mode there is no power to the headlights....no DRL. At night the power is picked up from the taillight and it powers the headlights. Then the relay will automatically turn on the foglights. So, without touching anything or altering my headlight switch I have no DRL and then at night I have full headlights and fog lights on at the same time. My brights work perfect as well.

This should be something you can add in addition to Otto's harness.
WOW! That is exactly what I am wanting my headlights to do! When you finish testing it let us know! That sounds so awesome! When you get a chance can you post a picture of what your harness looks like? Thanks and good luck!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #38
caverman

Quote:
WOW! That is exactly what I am wanting my headlights to do! When you finish testing it let us know! That sounds so awesome! When you get a chance can you post a picture of what your harness looks like? Thanks and good luck!
Here is the post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post2997945
Build Journal
Old 03-23-2011, 02:37 AM   #39
PCOLASHAN

So all this really does is make the fog lights come on automatically with the HID's in auto mod?? You did this so you don't have to hit the fog light button???

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Old 03-23-2011, 08:55 AM   #40
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCOLASHAN View Post
So all this really does is make the fog lights come on automatically with the HID's in auto mod?? You did this so you don't have to hit the fog light button???
Answered on other thread.
Build Journal
Old 04-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #41
mikehen08

Drives: Black Camaro 1LT
Hey Everybody,
I am a complete noob when it comes to this as i just bought my camaro last week. I have a 1LT but I want these RS headlights because I think it just makes the car look mean (especially since mine is black). I have tried to educate myself on the different options but its kind of confusing. I really want the OEM headlights but I refuse to pay $700 per headlight thats ridiculous!! I know a couple guys got lucky and got a set for $400 which I would do. If i managed to find a pair of headlights, would I only need the Ottobody harness? I also considered getting the AAC halos but it doesnt look right without the black housing, I know some people painted the housing black but thats not something I could really do myself. I got the dealer to agree to install the headlights for free whichever route i take but I would like to go with the OEM lights. (sorry for the long post)
mikehen08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #42
PCOLASHAN

Yep, Ottobody harness is more or less plug and play. Good luck!!

Tags
rs non-rs conversion halo