Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
No. You're not alone and no you won't get flamed. I was heavily for Bush. Now, I think there's certain things that could have gone differently. But, we'll always have those that say..."This broke. Who can we blame. Who is at fault. Who, Who, Who...THE PRESIDENT." He isn't a one man show....c'mon. There's a whole group up there who are his "advisors."

I think his heart is in the right place. The terrorists will NEVER stop. For those who just don't get it....THE WAR WILL NEVER BE OVER. THEY HATE US AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET TO US TO KILL US.

SO, pull our troops out. Make yourselves happy. I want our guys home too, people. They are my friends too. I have no family there, but my friends were there and another guy just left too. But, pull our troops out...go ahead. And guess what......... That is going to give them time to regroup, get their shit together, and come at us even harder. All that some of these terrorists do is just sit there brainstorming and coming up w/ plans on how to kill us. YES, IT WILL HAPPEN.

I will find a link to the video we watched about the terrorists and if you have any care for this country, it will frighten you....give me a some time.

and I can see how this isn't going to stay on the article topic, so please....let's at least keep it civil. Thanks.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:08 PM   #16
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Silverado, Tag Ur IT, thanks for the encuragement too, wasn't expecting that kind of responce, thanks again. Silverado, damn, how'd I forget the hurrican(Slapping my forehead) . Tag, there's a few videos at Michaelsavage.com They're at the bottom left corner, that show just how fun and peace loving our enemy really is (The beheadings). I've watched'em all once, and personally wished I hadn't. But it's added fuel to my feelings that we can not back down, we pull out now it'll be a sign of weakness in their eyes and encurage them to greater extreams. Look to the train bombings in Spain after they pulled out.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #17
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Im with tag in this boat, i normally stay out of politics threads because really it doesn't matter whose in office they are all criminals and liars. But as tag said better than I can it won't end just by pulling troops out.

Another point of view is from the iraqi people.. they have had 3 major wars caused by us over the last 30 years (80's cant remember name, desert storm in the 90's, and 2000's war on terror). They don't like us because we come in, cause a commotion, halfway help and then turn tail with the going gets tough and Americans get "war fatigue". The general populace in Iraq is expecting us to do the same now.. and guess what the democratic congress is going to do just that.

We as a country and the world as a whole need to put a government in place there that will hold long past when we pull out. And right now the government thats there wont.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:34 PM   #18
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I hope that the administration's designation of the Iranian guard as terrorists doesn't get recieved with a Massively Negative response. Though my Gut tells me otherwise.

Right, to all who I'm agreeing with , No matter if you agree or disagree with the reasons we went into Iraq...The hard fact of the matter is that we're there NOW. And pulling our troops out now won't help any. I don't like saying it - becuase I want them home, NOW.
I could/would support a gradual withdrawl, that is: a 3-5 year plan. It's the only safe way to get out of there without having a massive vaccum where we used to be...a vaccum that could and probably will be inhabited by people Much, Much worse that Saddam Hussein.
The Terrorists can't do anything other than Terrorize us. They aren't organised for a full-scale war, and they don't have equipment capable of such a feat. I'm not overly worried about an invasion or massive attack on our soil - I am worried about another 9/11 - type attack. Look at Britain (London). If they gain the support of countries in the Middle East, then I think we're in for trouble. So far, I can't say I think any Countries over there support Terrorists. They may harbor them, and keep it quiet, but not help them - yet.

I've never heard anyone blame Bush for the Hurricane. If I did I'd slap them for foolishness. I have heard, and only Partially agree with, the Bush administration taking so long to get relief and support to the Gulf Coast.

Personally, I consider myself part of NO party, and honestly like less than 2% of the politicians in office. Most of them aren't there to help us. Take it how you will; I tend to lean to the left most time.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #19
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Easy solution for the Middle-east. Let the leash off Israel. They'll handle business, and handle it very well, I'm convinced.

I'm all abotu isolationism these days. I'm ex-Navy...I was over there twice and shot Tomahawks. I was proud because I believed (and still do) that we were doing the right thing. I lost a lot of repsect for the administration for faking the populace with the WMD bullshit. I think they should have had the right to say "look, Saddam is an asshole and we don't like him...so we're gonna go **** him up and rebuild the counrty. It's gonna be ugly for a while, but in the end, we hope it works out".

Ehh, there's no such thing as "easy"...and I have NO idea what is involved with international politics. I wish the general American public woudl realize that they had no ****ing clue either. Just today I saw a neat video of a glacier rolling over. It was beautiful. I figured I'd compliment the author of the video, but had to read 14 pages full of MOSTLY TEENS posting bullshit like "OMG1!11 Diz iz wut Globell Warmiing Duz!!!" <--Sorry if my internet speak is rusty, it makes baby jesus cry when I type like that, I usually avoid it.

So naturally I had to be very rude to hundreds of teenagers who know nothing about anything, but hear mommy and daddy whine about how Bush is the anti-christ and must be stappoed at all costs!!1!!!oneone!

I forgot what I was talking about. So here's some boobies. :tweetz:

PS - Tag, I love ya man....but I'm not gonna edit my post for PG-13 this time...hehe
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #20
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
I love that answer.

I forgot what I was talking about. So here's some boobies. :tweetz:
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:48 PM   #21
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
I agree with MerF about Israel...let them loose, and while they are handling business, we slide out of the way and come back home. Of course, I think we ought to bring all of our good men and women home from around the world and let them take rotation standing guard at the sieve we call a southern border....but different topic for a different time.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #22
Mr. Wyndham

I'm not sure that taking the leash off of Israel is a good thing, but there's no doubting they'd enjoy it, and do it well...
I suppose that even the current administration realizes it might give us a bad image...to go and set a blood-thirsty Country upon the Middle east.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:00 PM   #23
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Israel is in the middle-east. We are not. Who....freaking....cares what happens. Let them do the same thing that the entire region has done since the dawn of TIME. Fight and kill each other because they can't agree to disagree.

Again, that's the new and improved isolationist in me talking.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:18 PM   #24
Mr. Wyndham

well, combine Isolationism, and boobies...And I like it
Old 08-17-2007, 12:42 AM   #25
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
Easy solution for the Middle-east. Let the leash off Israel. They'll handle business, and handle it very well, I'm convinced.

I'm all about isolationism these days.
or do what we did to Palestine when they invaded Israel, one of our generals captured ~50 Palestinians. he then told his troops to dip their bullets in pigs blood, then they killed all but one of the enemy troops and left the one to go back and tell the tale that the US WAS NOT MESSING AROUND. the same way in WWII, we didnt drop 1000 bombs, we didnt drop 100 bombs, we dropped 2 bombs. and we sent the message that we are not to be taken lightly. look at Iran, they are doing whatever the Fudge they want, cus they know we wont do anything unless they directly attack us. all we are doing right now is tryin to puff our chest. but no one is falling for it now.

as far as isolationism...the US can't support itself completely, we have to make everyone happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I think his heart is in the right place. The terrorists will NEVER stop. For those who just don't get it....THE WAR WILL NEVER BE OVER. THEY HATE US AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET TO US TO KILL US.
Tag, you are absolutely right. we are fighting a war on TERROR.

BOOOO! Are you terrified? are you at war with me now? the one thing I want to know is how after Sept 11, we wait 3 months to attack, then we go to Afghanland, then slowly merge into Iraq, then its all about Saddam. what the hell? I thought it was Al Queda and Osama yo mamma who attacked us on Sept 11. Here's a thought, instead of going after everyone who might be connected some way to Al Queda, go for the head. Sever the head and the body shall die. why after the "big hunt for Osama", did we just drop it in the minds of america and switch to the focus on Saddam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
As for the war in Iraq. The thing that pisses me off is that everyone seems to think that war is like tv, you click a channel and "poof" it's over. Wars can't be won over night, they take time. And don't forget, we're fighting a people that have no respect for human life, I mean how could they, when they strap bombs into little kids, women, themselves and send them into markets to kill as many innocent people as they can.
And personally, I'd much rather have the fighting going on over there in the streets of bagdad then here in our streets. Though, don't get me wrong, it'd be stupid to think that it's not gonna happen here.With our borders wide open, it bound to happen eventually.

some wars can be won quickly, but keep in mind that by keeping this war going, how many companies are benefitting from making parts and supplies for the war effort. as far as having fighting in our streets, we already have that between ourselves as americans. i dont think it will come to our military having to fight hand to hand over here tho. and as far as respect for human life, they believe that by doing what they are doing, they will be secured a place with allah, and they are willing to do everything it takes to win whereas the US is not willing to put the big foot down (its more like the big toe now)

and just so you all know, I have been to Iraq and Afghanistan. (The latter a few more times than I wanted) while in Iraq, I was on convoy duty for about half of it while also performing aircraft maint between the two bases I was at while there, I also had to do door to door sweeps of whole towns, ive seen my friends die right in front of me. its not something I wish for anyone to have to do. I think we are there for the wrong reasons completely. I have seen what we are doing over there, its not always pretty.

as for the war in general, the US is too soft. in a war, you are going to have innocent civilians killed. if not, then it would just be a military action...*cough*like vietnam*cough*... I could honestly care less if we turned Iraq into a glass lake and put a sign up that said "slippery when wet" and made Afghanistan into a crystal mountain palace that would keep the middle east lit at night for the next 30 yrs.
Im not saying that we should pull our troops out immediately, whats to say that it will make any difference either way? if we pull out now, they get time alone to plot against us, if we stay, we piss them off more. we should have never gone back to Iraq after dumbya's daddy went there for the oil. (and if you dont believe me about that, listen to this, at the base gas stations, the gas was $1.00 per gal.)
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:45 AM   #26
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

oh, and i almost forgot.... :tweetz:
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 08-17-2007, 02:57 AM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Greg...great post. Love it.

Yes. This is a war. It was different many years ago. Casualties happen...but at what cost. Is it okay to kill 5 innocents for one terrorist? Is it okay to just kill one? How about a leader in a terrorist organization? Is it okay to kill maybe 30 innocents? Better yet...Osama and his crew were hiding out in a village of what...300 people? We knew where he was. We could have taken him out.

I know. It doesn't sound great. But it's war. All I have to say is I know what I would do to secure the freedoms of my people w/out any fear of terror. And it would have been over.............3,000 lives saved. Someone else might have popped up. But guess what? Ka-BOOM to them too.

I could go on and on in this topic, but I have more posts to check and am getting tired. Be back on this one in the am.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:06 AM   #28
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Greg...great post. Love it.

Yes. This is a war. It was different many years ago. Casualties happen...but at what cost. Is it okay to kill 5 innocents for one terrorist? Is it okay to just kill one? How about a leader in a terrorist organization? Is it okay to kill maybe 30 innocents? Better yet...Osama and his crew were hiding out in a village of what...300 people? We knew where he was. We could have taken him out.

I know. It doesn't sound great. But it's war. All I have to say is I know what I would do to secure the freedoms of my people w/out any fear of terror. And it would have been over.............3,000 lives saved. Someone else might have popped up. But guess what? Ka-BOOM to them too.

I could go on and on in this topic, but I have more posts to check and am getting tired. Be back on this one in the am.

a better question to ask is if it meant ending the war/world peace would you kill a loved one? or send them to be killed?

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote: