Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 05-14-2008, 10:58 PM   #1
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
Attention all 1st Gen. Experts...Noodles needs your help!

I've been given the green light to purchase a first gen (69 SS/RS) master piece!

During my search I've noticed many people tend to modified (which is fine) there Camaro's to their liking, But I’m looking for a first Gen's that is as close to stock as possible.

It’s my understanding there we're numerous options to be had. I want to make sure whichever car I buy hasn't been overly (to my standards) modified, or has been stripped of stock equipment that no longer available for restoration!

So my question is?

(1) Are there any reliable website that list the available option packages, and any additional options.

or

Are there any books I could buy that would give me the info I’m looking for?

Thanks Noodles (Wes)
Old 05-18-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Try this.

http://www.chevy-camaro.com/chevy-ca....asp?year=1969
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #3
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
Thanks Bro...This will be a big help!
Old 05-19-2008, 12:37 PM   #4
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Noodles the best site BY FAR I've ever visited for 1st gen. info. is the Camaro Research Group a.k.a. "CRG". Every article on that site has been discovered/confirmed through actual research of the cars. There is also a spreadsheet of the available options with numbers produced, what option were/weren't available with others, etc. Well worth checking out!
www.camaros.org
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
carguy_z28
eating 1 ricer @ a time

Drives: 1974 Z28, 2011 5.0
Just google RPO codes for the year of your car, it displays all sorts of pages with the info you need.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #6
67SScamarotim
67sscamarotim

Drives: 2-67 1-70 1- 02 all SS 350
Good luck noodles The sites listed above are the best. Although there are some instances that don't fit, they say the 67 disc drake option only came with power. mine did not! If you are looking for a project there is a 69 z on ebay right now that the owner really knows how to document and is worth a look just to see what he has written.(project car 69 camaro) The first week cars don't tend to follow the rules. I've been a nut since the early 70's and have seen alot of tricky stuff go on. do your homework and you will be as nuts about the first gen as the rest of us. I have 2 67 RSSS built in the first three days of production. There are multiple little things that do not follow normal production figures. I have build sheets and protecto plates these are like having a bible to anyone with a first gen!! good luck. Tim
67SScamarotim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #7
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67SScamarotim View Post
Good luck noodles The sites listed above are the best. Although there are some instances that don't fit, they say the 67 disc drake option only came with power. mine did not! If you are looking for a project there is a 69 z on ebay right now that the owner really knows how to document and is worth a look just to see what he has written.(project car 69 camaro) The first week cars don't tend to follow the rules. I've been a nut since the early 70's and have seen alot of tricky stuff go on. do your homework and you will be as nuts about the first gen as the rest of us. I have 2 67 RSSS built in the first three days of production. There are multiple little things that do not follow normal production figures. I have build sheets and protecto plates these are like having a bible to anyone with a first gen!! good luck. Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_z28 View Post
Just google RPO codes for the year of your car, it displays all sorts of pages with the info you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Noodles the best site BY FAR I've ever visited for 1st gen. info. is the Camaro Research Group a.k.a. "CRG". Every article on that site has been discovered/confirmed through actual research of the cars. There is also a spreadsheet of the available options with numbers produced, what option were/weren't available with others, etc. Well worth checking out!
www.camaros.org
Thanks again guys! You rock, I truly plan on doing my home work before I buy anything. And all this info will help greatly.

I know theres still a few needles in the hay stack, when researched properly it will be worth the effort and expenses of the restoration. I have NO plans of selling the restoration, but if I do! I'd like to get some back out of it. And I know if you don't do it right, you might as well through your money out the window.

Now I just need to find room in the Garage
Old 05-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #8
nbjczk71

Drives: 69 Camaro
Hey, try this site. I check it out every day.

http://www.camaros.net/classifieds/

This is the site that actually directed me to this site. I actually own a 1969 RS/SS Camaro Convertible. I looked for probably 2-years to find it. If you are willing to just pay, you can buy one right away, but the values on these things have gone through the roof, so it may not be a bad idea to by a "clone" if you don't really care about the numbers matching b/s. I ended buying mine on eBay from a guy in Michigan. I see you live in Mill Creek....I am in Mukilteo.

Good luck with the search!
nbjczk71 is offline   Reply With Quote