Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #43
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
Just wanted you to know that 3M owns Ventureshield!! (Since Oct. 2007, or 6 years ago) Hmmm..... ------->>>>>>

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...VentureShield/

Originally Posted by htp autoworks <---- does NOT specify Scotchguard in your original post!!
3M is a lower end film. Sorry it is... and most of my clients over the last 10 years wouldn't want it on their vehicles. for one it has a tremendous amount of orange peel to it so it doesn't blend with the paint well. Second they use an acrylic for their top coat which will crack during the install process because acrylic will not stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htp autoworks View Post
Wow, really??? So to you and Teamnadz... 3M bought VentureShield out because Ventureshield was the largest as far as film sales went. BUT the two films are still manufactured SEPERATELY and both lines of film are completely different. 3M makes Scotchguard and Ventureshield makes a base line film, the Ultra line, and a matte finish film. 3M couldnt beat the competition with their Scotchguard line so they bought out the competition. If you would have done a little mroe research you would have found that out. And Teamnadz... who got owned???

Look, You told people 3M sucked. You said Ventureshield did not suck. YOU MADE A MISTAKE because Ventureshield IS 3M. No way around it. As if in the last 6 years they didn't consolidate suppliers, chemicals, production line processes etc????? My research WAS THOROUGH.. YOUR "testimony" to the members was misleading by projecting they were UNRELATED COMPANY's.... So please don't tell me to do my research. I was the one who uncovered the fact that you, if you knew it, conveniently hid or overlooked. It really doesn't matter, you sound like you know what you're doing and that's what counts. As a matter of FACT, if someone wanted to learn much more about Ventureshield they need to go to 3M's website. http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...FAQ-Consumer/# That's what you probably should have recommended instead of leading them AWAY from 3M.

Just take your medicine and say, "Oh yeah, Ventureshield is part of the company I said was inferior". Im done. thank you!

PS: Will you be doing cars at CFest 3? I might like to schedule an appt! Oh, I couldn't find any authorized installers within 100 miles on Ventureshields website! Even in Charlotte NC, they ARE authorized to install 3M glass tints, but not the Ventureshield. Couldn't figure that one out! HELP!!

Last edited by htron50; 02-09-2012 at 04:11 PM.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #44
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
Will XPEL be a good brand to place on the ZL1?

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #45
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
Originally Posted by htp autoworks <---- does NOT specify Scotchguard in your original post!!
3M is a lower end film. Sorry it is... and most of my clients over the last 10 years wouldn't want it on their vehicles. for one it has a tremendous amount of orange peel to it so it doesn't blend with the paint well. Second they use an acrylic for their top coat which will crack during the install process because acrylic will not stretch.

Look, You told people 3M sucked. You said Ventureshield did not suck. YOU MADE A MISTAKE because Ventureshield IS 3M. No way around it. As if in the last 6 years they didn't consolidate suppliers, chemicals, production line processes etc????? My research WAS THOROUGH.. YOUR "testimony" to the members was misleading by projecting they were UNRELATED COMPANY's.... So please don't tell me to do my research. I was the one who uncovered the fact that you, if you knew it, conveniently hid or overlooked. It really doesn't matter, you sound like you know what you're doing and that's what counts. As a matter of FACT, if someone wanted to learn much more about Ventureshield they need to go to 3M's website. http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...FAQ-Consumer/# That's what you probably should have recommended instead of leading them AWAY from 3M.

Just take your medicine and say, "Oh yeah, Ventureshield is part of the company I said was inferior". Im done. thank you!

PS: Will you be doing cars at CFest 3? I might like to schedule an appt! Oh, I couldn't find any authorized installers within 100 miles on Ventureshields website! Even in Charlotte NC, they ARE authorized to install 3M glass tints, but not the Ventureshield. Couldn't figure that one out! HELP!!
Wow, some serious anger issues going on here. First of all I didn't say 3M sucked, I said as you quoted that it is a lower end film and most of my clients wouldn't want it on their cars. I also stated VentureShield Ultra is a very good film and I recommend it as I have been using it for 8 years. It has to this day been its own line of film... i.e. it is manufactured separately, separate production lines, separate chemical compounds (feel free to compare the data specs) from 3M Scotchguard, does not have any of the same qualities of Scotchguard (known in the industry as 3M), and is still sold as VentureShield Ultra... not 3M Ventureshield Ultra. The 3M website even says it as they break them out into two lines of film. Its two different films. Sorry I didn't say Scotchguard in the first post but everyone that has any knowledge about clear bras knows Scotchguard = 3M.

Sorry you are so pissed about this. Of course I COULD have directed people to the 3M website to read the promotional material on VentureShield Ultra but what good would that have actually done? I gave real world experience ... not the promotional hype that any company, including the ones I recommended, would put out. In fact I didn't give any link to any sites... I just gave my professional opinion based off of installing and testing all of these films... in addition to what other installers like myself have determined. I do not stay brand loyal to any one film... in fact the film I got certified on I don't even carry anymore. I want to provide the best installs possible with the films I feel are the best. My main advertising is from people that have great experiences with their clear bras over time. So I am not going to back off of any statements I made because I feel they are true... and I wasn't trying to be deceptive.

Window tint installers are very different than paint protection film installers. Two different methods and certification schools. I have had some contact with a guy over in North Carolina that is supposed to be pretty good. I will get you his contact info from another forum and you can get in touch with him. I am not sure what film they use but I will see.

I may be going to Camaro Fest this year as a vendor. I think it would be a great event to make as I am a Camaro enthusiast as well. It would be a blast to see that many in one place. I see a lot of really nice highly modded Camaros at the local Cars and Coffee... I could only imagine what it would be like there.
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #46
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSylentZL1 View Post
Yes the Ultimate line of Xpel is very good. It is very difficult to install but it holds up well and has a self healing topcoat... so fine scratches will actually go away overtime (heat speeds up the process). It is a new film so I dont have as much experience with it but so far so good. It also has a 10 year warranty. Just make sure you get the Ultimate film not their base line film. It is like the baseline Ventureshield film... cheaper to make but doesnt hold up over time.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #47
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by htp autoworks View Post
Wow, some serious anger issues going on here. First of all I didn't say 3M sucked, I said as you quoted that it is a lower end film and most of my clients wouldn't want it on their cars. I also stated VentureShield NO is a very good film and I recommend it as I have been using it for 8 years. It has to this day been its own line of film... the following was NOT in your orig post"" i.e. it is manufactured separately, separate production lines, separate chemical compounds (feel free to compare the data specs) from 3M Scotchguard, does not have any of the same qualities of Scotchguard (known in the industry as 3M), and is still sold as VentureShield Ultra... not 3M Ventureshield Ultra. The 3M website even says it as they break them out into two lines of film. Its two different films. Sorry I didn't say Scotchguard in the first post but everyone that has justany knowledge about clear bras knows Scotchguard = 3M. ""

Sorry you are so pissed about this. IM NOT PISSED, IM JUST CORRECTING YOUR PORTRAYAL of 3M AS A UNDERPERFORMING COMPANY Of courseI COULD have directed people to the 3M website to read the promotional material on VentureShield Ultra but what good would that have actually done? ITS CALLED VALIDATION / BUYER CONFIRMTION OF WHAT AN INSTALLER CLAIMS I gave real world experience ... not the promotional hype that any company, including the ones I recommended, would put out. In fact I didn't give any link to any sites... I gave my professional opinion based off of installing and testing all of these films... in addition to what other installers like myself have determined. I do not stay brand loyal to any one film... in fact the film I got certified on I don't even carry anymore. I want to provide the best installs possible with the films I feel are the best. My main advertising is from people that have great experiences with their clear bras over time. So I am not going to back off of any statements I made because I feel they are true... and I wasn't trying to be deceptive. <<----most of those were not in your orig post!!
AGREED, BUT NOT PART OF DISCUSSION
Window tint installers are very different than paint protection film installers. Two different methods and certification schools. I have had some contact with a guy over in North Carolina that is supposed to be pretty good. I will get you his contact info from another forum and you can get in touch with him. I am not sure what film they use but I will see.

I may be going to Camaro Fest this year as a vendor. I think it would be a great event to make as I am a Camaro enthusiast as well. It would be a blast to see that many in one place. I see a lot of really nice highly modded Camaros at the local Cars and Coffee... I could only imagine what it would be like there.
ALL I DID WAS SHOW HOW YOU WERE WRONG TO SAY 3M WAS A LOWER END FILM (EVEN THO THEY MAKE THE TOP OF THE LINE! THATS MISLEADING. AND YOU SHOULD HAVE PROVIDED EVIDENCE SUPPORTING YOUR CLAIMS. AS IT STANDS, U JUST LOOK LIKE YOU WERE WINGIN IT IN AN UNPROFESSIONAL MANNER. IM NOT PISSED, I'M TRUSTING YOU LESS IS ALL. IT'S ALL A TRUST ISSUE. Not a anger issue. You need to acknowledge the mistake and take responsibility for it. That will help overcome trust issue. What you said would be tantamount to telling me Cadillac is not a GM car. Stay away from GM. Ventureshield is 3M. You can't defend the indefensible! I'm liking the Ventureshield product however! Is there a dealer in columbia sc you know about?

Last edited by htron50; 02-10-2012 at 07:28 AM.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #48
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Wow, your ridiculous. You MUST work for 3M or something. Just a note for future interactions with people either business or personal... understand that some things are implied. Do not read everything down to the T and get so spun up on the little things. Yes I said little because what you are hung up on is ridiculous. Ventureshield is its own film and has been the same since BEFORE 3M bought the company... its is still marketed and promoted as a seperate film, all 3M does is collect he profits. 3M Scotchguard is a lower end film for all the reasons I have stated. Not many installers that work on high end vehicles use it. Look I am done with this. Your out of control and have issues. Good luck finding an installer. This is a complete waste of my time. Hopefully the OP got the idea since you seem to be missing the entire point.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #49
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Hey, this isn't the argument room.

With the logic that it's different then I don't work for Comcast since Comcast is almost completely made up of acquisitions. That is how companies grow. If the return on their investment when they buy a company than it is to develop a competitive product, then they buy it.

If you buy the shop down the street that does coatings, then we consider it your shop and supported by you, not the old company that doesn't exist anymore.

Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #50
KoontzyCub

Drives: 2012 Camaro Coupe
Quote:
My first post on here! I look forward to getting more involved on here, as I feel like there is a lot to learn. I have XPEL on my 2012 coupe. It has been well over a year, through all seasons and I have no complaints. Especially this past summer after making a few trips home where I grew up in rural northeast Ohio, where the only form of road maintenance is chip and seal. This is a new car (and its paint job's) worst enemy. I wasn't sure about getting a clear bra installed but after talking to a few buddies, who are well more involved with their cars than I, I decided to go with it. Even as expensive as it was, definitely worth every penny in my eyes a couple years later. I had a company out of the Dayton area do mine, Clear Bra Ohio. Great service, quick and easy install, flexible etc. I would recommend them if you're in the area. They even used my car in their gallery. Definitely a super nice dude that really knows his stuff.
KoontzyCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #51
OHBuckI81

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra (All-Terrain)
Quote:
Its so confusing because I dont know whether to get some on my ZL1 or not. Plus no one has thrown out the figures on how this procedure cost.
I haven't had Xpel installed yet... but was quoted prices just before winter. Planning on having it installed as soon as break the car out of storage. This was from a company here in NE Ohio... I had them quote me costs on individual pieces because I wasn't clear on how crazy I was going to get with protection. See below, hope it helps (again all prices are for Xpel Ultimate Film: installed).
  • Front Bumper Upper/Lower: $410.00
  • Headlamp/Foglamp/Turn Signals (Front): $70.00 (RS light covers scratch)
  • A-Pillar (Hardtop), luggage (near trunk): $110.00
  • Extended Rocker panel kit, behind rear wheels and large piece in gill area: $345.00
Basically you can get as crazy as you want. I may get my mirrors and under door handles done as well. Or I might just put the car in a plastic bubble and never drive it.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #52
Brownster

Drives: 1966 GTO Convertible/ZL1 Vert
I would reccomend having the "gills' done as they are prone to rock chips.Also you need to use front wheel flaps for rocker protection.
Brownster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #53
Brownster

Drives: 1966 GTO Convertible/ZL1 Vert
Sorry,missed your last price on gills.
Brownster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #54
JFWJR179

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
I've been looking everywhere for some research on clear bra for the ZL1, but I personally want to know the pros and cons on having a clear bra on your car? Will it mess up the paint on down the road? I know if a professional doesnt do it then there is a chance that it could mess up. Please share your thoughts or experiences.
I have Xpel Ultimate on my black ZL1 vert.
It's virtually invisible and I feel very safe from nicks/scratches

rear view mirrors
headlights
front bumper
front fenders
entire hood & EWCF extractor
door edges
door handle cups
gills
rear lower quarter panels
JFWJR179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #55
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Im surprised no mentioned the con on Clear Bra about it keeping the paint underneath it pristine while the paint exposed to elements will be a different color! (faded, oxidized, ect.)

no problem there, mine is in garage most of time lol
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #56
2012 ZL1#1658

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1658
I'm getting a 3m clear bra installed by a certified installer. Total cost to me was 650. Price includes bumper, mirrors, and fenders. Guaranteed for 5 years.
3M Paint Protection

2011 1SS/RS (BLACK on BLACK) <SOLD>
2012 ZL1#1658 is offline   Reply With Quote