Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
CamaroRich

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Modding While Under Warranty??

Just curious if many of you guys waited until your manufacturer warranty was up before doing some of the more in depth mods? I just bought my car a couple of weeks ago, and I'm about to do an axle back exhaust system, and I'm sure there will be many more I'd like to do as I learn more, but I'm a little hesitant to do anything that will void the warranty just yet.
CamaroRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Axel backs are no big deal. However if you tune the car and do in depth engine work they will not warranty it. CAI ok also.

Might stop in your local service area to talk and meet the guys. Some Stealerships are better than others when it comes to mods.

If the mod effects the problem being serviced thats when trouble can arise
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Entire catback exhaust is fine and will not void warranty. Once you get into headers and tune it's a different story, but very few things will void the warranty in it's entirety.

Cold Air Intake is another item that won't void your warranty.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroRich View Post
Just curious if many of you guys waited until your manufacturer warranty was up before doing some of the more in depth mods? I just bought my car a couple of weeks ago, and I'm about to do an axle back exhaust system, and I'm sure there will be many more I'd like to do as I learn more, but I'm a little hesitant to do anything that will void the warranty just yet.
LOL.. after hanging with H-town and BCMC for a couple days that warranty went in the trash..

at 2k the car went in for cam heads intake and full exhaust.
now have plans for some dope or a blower.. or both..
and full suspension.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Warranty? We don't need no steenking warranty!
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Random question on this subject. Lets say i do the LS9 cam which doesnt require a tune and from what ive read a tune doesnt do much at all anyway. later down the road there is an engine issue would it be obvious that there is an LS9 cam in there vice the LS3 cam?
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #7
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
Random question on this subject. Lets say i do the LS9 cam which doesnt require a tune and from what ive read a tune doesnt do much at all anyway. later down the road there is an engine issue would it be obvious that there is an LS9 cam in there vice the LS3 cam?

Tune is huge. Don't waste your time on doing a cam swap if you are not willing to do a tune.

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroRich View Post
Congratulations on the new vehicle!

How are you liking it so far?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #9
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro View Post
Tune is huge. Don't waste your time on doing a cam swap if you are not willing to do a tune.

Every cam will require a tune, because you are changing the dynamics of the engine. And whoever told you a tune does nothing is a moron.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #10
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post

Every cam will require a tune, because you are changing the dynamics of the engine. And whoever told you a tune does nothing is a moron.
I said that it doest do much with the LS9 cam. The specs from what i have read are close to the LS3 and is still within the stock ecu's self adjustment range
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
I said that it doest do much with the LS9 cam. The specs from what i have read are close to the LS3 and is still within the stock ecu's self adjustment range
Swap cam and drivetrain warranty is dead... end of story. If you're going that far why try and pull the wool over GM's eyes.