Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #85
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Does New Era have any other performance product? Maybe if they do they can set up some type of "performance pack". Where it would be 2 to 3 items for the Camaro and give a good price for the "pack" which would offset the price for each individual part.

This is just a sugjestion because it seems like some people aren't comfortable with the price of the CAI.

What do you guys think??
You should check out the link in the op's signature to see what they offer
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #86
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
New Era,
Could I possibly get answers to these?

1. With the IAT being an integral part of the MAF now how are you isolating the maf from the metal of the intake tubing?

2. Did you construct the Tubing at the MAF installaton point on your intake the same diameter as the piping in the old stock tubing where the MAF is located? The reason I ask is tuners have told me on the LS3 Vette`s if the pipe is larger than stock it throws the MAF way off and you MUST have it tuned or it will run like crap, and it makes it a little more difficult to tune as well.

3.What are your IAT readings after driving around for a while vs the stock intake IAT readings? Can you give us actual numbers for both? I would assume you measured both.

4. It would seem at idle at least, stopped in traffic or ready to launch at the strip that you would be pulling hot under hood air as well since there are gaps at each side of the intake causing the IAT`s to rise and timing to be retarded by the PCM at least until cooler air is being sucked in. Is this the case?

Thanks for your time in aswering these questions guys. Again thanks for stepping out and providing us w/ a new product.[/QUOTE]
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #87
mike@newera

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Yes we do currently offer other performance parts for the 2010 camaro ss, please check out our website www.neweraperformanceparts.com
mike@newera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:25 AM   #88
Watchamacoolitt
KJ

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS,MT6 sunroof
Send a message via AIM to Watchamacoolitt
Will you guys make this same model and design but out of plastic? I'm worried about the numbers dropping during a hot day and it's made out of aluminum attracting the heat even before the car gets started.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:19 PM   #89
FTI-EDC
The stick man

Drives: 2004 GTO - C5 'vert - SRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchamacoolitt View Post
Will you guys make this same model and design but out of plastic? I'm worried about the numbers dropping during a hot day and it's made out of aluminum attracting the heat even before the car gets started.
The inlet length is less than 1/3 of the side draft plastic ones. The throttle response is absolutely incredible. Do you really think the air entering from the filter to the throttle body is going to heat up "that" fast with aluminum versus plastic when you look closely at the two different designs?

PONY WARS

FTI-EDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 PM   #90
HALFFAST

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Any plans for a v6 piece?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #91
Blue 64 Nova

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM Black Stripe
I received 1 of the 1st CAi's that they shipped. The unit is way better than the other CAI's out there. Your complaining about $500 bucks for the intake, you can tell just from looking at it that it is high quality and great workmanship. You're statement's about the other CAI's being resonable at $300, how can you call them reasonable when you can go buy all of the the same parts except for the sensor mount at PepBoys for about $100. Now does that make sense? If you buy a car and buy parts to have someone else install, I guess it would be hard for you to understand the time and detail that goes into making a quality unit like this one. If you have ever had to fabricate parts,mounts,special pieces to have things exactly the way you want them, ONLY then could you truely appreciate the quaility of a piece like the NEP CAI.
Blue 64 Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #92
Blue 64 Nova

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM Black Stripe
A CAI should be what is say's, a CAI, not a high flow air filter in the corner of the engine bay exactly where the stock filter sat.I don't see anywhere that they are claiming to be so much better then anything thing else out there. The 1st thing they have listed is their dyno results on the original thread. The potential is much better with the NEP unit because it is pulling air from in front of the radiator, essentially using the intake as a Ram-Air. When I said this CAI was better than the others, I didn't say it greatly outperformed the others I was saying the quality of the materials and workmanship are what seperate them from the others. I'm trying to figure out what makes the $100 worth ofm parts from the Pep-Boys parts Isle worth $300? The sensor mount?
Blue 64 Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #93
TEAMBADDASS
2010 2SSRS Camaro #72

Drives: 08denali08dually72chevy2010SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 64 Nova View Post
A CAI should be what is say's, a CAI, not a high flow air filter in the corner of the engine bay exactly where the stock filter sat.I don't see anywhere that they are claiming to be so much better then anything thing else out there. The 1st thing they have listed is their dyno results on the original thread. The potential is much better with the NEP unit because it is pulling air from in front of the radiator, essentially using the intake as a Ram-Air. When I said this CAI was better than the others, I didn't say it greatly outperformed the others I was saying the quality of the materials and workmanship are what seperate them from the others. I'm trying to figure out what makes the $100 worth ofm parts from the Pep-Boys parts Isle worth $300? The sensor mount?
Ya all the weld spots look baddasslooks even better after they powder coat them with the weld spotsnice workmanship on the weld spotsso the extra money is not for the performance in the drivetrain but performance in the overall looks of the car
TEAMBADDASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #94
Rikarus
I can't tpye!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Victory Red
I am also curious about the air gaps on boths side of ALL the front mount CAI's any noticable effects? Have you test with and without the gap closed?
Rikarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #95
JSOC_MQ1

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
To: TEAMBADDASS,
I've been "lurking" on this board for about a year now and never have I seen the attitude or outright disrespect you have shown to other members in this discussion thread (exspecially to CamaroSpike23 and the New Era members).

If you want to objectively comment about a product, fine do so; however, if you obviously don't like a products design or the price (after you have stated the fact) go buy a plastic POS competitors product and leave the rest of us alone!

As far as the rWHP gains, I will post what I get within a week. My intake is in, car is being delivered as I type this and the ARH system is shipping.

I apologize in advance to all the other members on this message, but I had to post this.
JSOC_MQ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #96
TEAMBADDASS
2010 2SSRS Camaro #72

Drives: 08denali08dually72chevy2010SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 64 Nova View Post
You're clueless, wouldn't know quality if it bit ya.
Im sorry im not allowed to give my opinion on this site i was warned by 1320 junkie that im not allowed to give my opinion in the matter that i did..i didn't curse,threat just my opinion..i guess i am cluelessi guess like they said in there other thread for a E X T R A $100 they will smooth out there weld spots...why mess with perfection and quality work
TEAMBADDASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #97
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
I think everybody needs to tone down the sarcasm and grow some thicker skin. Every other post on this thread is somebody calling someone an idiot, or someone getting butthurt. Way to dilute what could have been a thread full of good info about a new product. Unsubscribed.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #98
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTI-EDC View Post
Why? The truth hurt? Look who is trying to dismiss the only OTR cold air intake. Don't you see a trend?
Ed, were you involved in the development of the New Era Intake? You seem to have an investment in the product.
Just wondering.

And I'll add, you know your stuff when it comes to cams. You made me a great cam for my 05 GTO.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote