Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 05-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #15
IronToss
Corporate Lackey

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
THIS I like...... will definitely be contacting you guys this summer......

What company/method do you guys use to ship? USPS? Fedex? UPS? etc??
-- Flowmaster AMT 3" Catback / Hurst Billet-Plus 2 Shifter
IronToss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #16
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronToss View Post
THIS I like...... will definitely be contacting you guys this summer......

What company/method do you guys use to ship? USPS? Fedex? UPS? etc??
Sounds good. We recently negotiated new rates with UPS and our new international rates are half of what we were getting before.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #17
Kitty

Drives: Black on Black M6 RS
would you guys consider shipping usps in order for us canadian folks to avoid the crazy brokerage fees that ups charges to get anything across the border?

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #18
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Sounds good. We recently negotiated new rates with UPS and our new international rates are half of what we were getting before.

It's not the UPS rates that is the issue. It's the $40 brokerage fee they charge. It's total BS!.

So I hope you have that figured out. There will be some pissed people when they get the $40 UPS brokerage fee on there item.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #19
LS7 427
10.11 @ 136.32

Drives: Black & Yellow 2SS/RS LPE LS7 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
would you guys consider shipping usps in order for us canadian folks to avoid the crazy brokerage fees that ups charges to get anything across the border?
I think most of us Canucks would like to purchase but with the ridiculous brokerage fees that UPS charges at our end it will prevent us from doing so. USPS is definetly the way to go for Canadians.

Bryan
LS7 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #20
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
It's not the UPS rates that is the issue. It's the $40 brokerage fee they charge. It's total BS!.

So I hope you have that figured out. There will be some pissed people when they get the $40 UPS brokerage fee on there item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMROSS View Post
I think most of us Canucks would like to purchase but with the ridiculous brokerage fees that UPS charges at our end it will prevent us from doing so. USPS is definetly the way to go for Canadians.

Bryan
Interesting. USPS makes it un-doable on our end because we have to haul everything down to the post office, stand in line for a half hour, and fill out customs forms on everything. On top of that, the shipping rates are much higher. I'll contact their business development office and see if they have a solution that will work.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #21
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Interesting. USPS makes it un-doable on our end because we have to haul everything down to the post office, stand in line for a half hour, and fill out customs forms on everything. On top of that, the shipping rates are much higher. I'll contact their business development office and see if they have a solution that will work.
Bottom line is if you just hand it to UPS they will charge $40 to broker. You might want to inquire if you can fill out the custom forms prior to UPS picking it up to avoid to that charge.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #22
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Bottom line is if you just hand it to UPS they will charge $40 to broker. You might want to inquire if you can fill out the custom forms prior to UPS picking it up to avoid to that charge.

The forms are completed with UPS it is just integrated into our order processing where USPS is not. I'm going to get in touch with USPS tomorrow and see what they can do to make it work for us.

My shipping manager tells me that our UPS account manager is working on something that may help with the brokerage fee. I'll keep you guys posted as I get more info.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #23
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Chase, on our end when shipped by USPS we are charged$5 regular mail and $8 on express post and the applicable taxes. UPS charge a brokerage fee, handling charges, etc. then, because this is consider a service, we pay taxes on their fees as well. I know that some US companies, Cabelas as an example, pick up ALL charges to the door, no surprises and they use UPS.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #24
IronToss
Corporate Lackey

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Personally I take a second thought immediate upon hearing something is getting shipped up to Canada (from the states) via UPS, FedEx, etc..... unless it is USPS, then it's a no brainer (no BS expensive surprises).

I've shipped stuff up from California via FedEx that cost me more in brokerage and other border fees then the part itself, total joke.

Another option (for all of you) is to use a "bring across the border" middleman, ship to the border, they bring it across, then ship it Puralotor..... saves a ton of cash.

Planning to order a full exhaust setup from the states, basically the price before shipping doesn't matter, as in who is cheaper, it's more of how it's gonna get here.

Another issue I have experienced is even if you follow the UPS/FedEx type brokerage charts, expect to pay more regardless, sure they charge you that but they should say 'minimum', as there are a bunch of other fees usually associated with it. Down right sucks......

I would be very willing to pay for your time and gas costs, etc to drive it to USPS, will be much cheaper for me then dealing with the brokerage fees, something to consider.
-- Flowmaster AMT 3" Catback / Hurst Billet-Plus 2 Shifter
IronToss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #25
Apex Motorsports

This is all good info. Now we have something to work with. We are going to put the ball in the shipper's court and see who can come up with a solution that will earn the business.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #26
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
I've also found I get the least amount of damaged boxes through USPS... Fedex on the other hand..
Suspension: BMR Trailing Arms and Bushings, FE6 Swaybar Conversion With Pedders 27mm Front and 32mm Rear ZL1 Swaybars and Links
Chassis: Hotchkis Chassis Max Brace, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings
Exterior:: Shine by Adam's.
...and plenty more
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #27
wbdinger

Drives: NSMNJW=2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3
Once and only once I order parts for my 70 malibu, for functional cowl induction flapper, 2rh and lh flapper brackets with bushings and screws from year one for under 50 bucks i believe via UPS but due to brokerage fees, provincal and federal taxs ect the bill ended up being $173.26
Sooo any thing I order as of later is shipped USPS and small items only.
Just a personal FYI
DYI Oil Catch Can, DYI dash ABL, DyI fender "V"emblems, ACC Plasma DRL, DYI Painted red SS on steering wheel, DYI CGM painted bowties on wheels, DYI Clearcoated Brake Calipers, Eibach pro 1" lowering springs, GM Heratige grill, GM skipshift eliminator, GMPP 92206992 Exhaust, 2-10" Kenwood subs w/350watt pioneer amp, RiderGraphics hood spears/gill outlines, 9x20 wheels-custom silver,weather tech mats, ARH 17/8 headers and cats. Tuned by Davenport Motorsports.

Last edited by wbdinger; 05-10-2011 at 09:50 PM.
wbdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #28
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
APEX Motorsports is proud to announce that we are now shipping north of the border to our Camaro5 friends in Canada. While our website does not allow for international orders we will be accepting them via PM or email. Simply contact Apex Paul or myself and we can get the ball rolling.
Chase is "The Man". I asked (back in October) about the possibility of Canadians ordering the LED Taillights... and Chase looked after me and let me place an order. I'll be installing them tomorrow, actually.

!!!!

Tags
apex motorsports, international shipping