Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 02-23-2015, 11:27 AM   #29
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
RX again...?

I have a dual port RX catch can brand new if anyone wants to buy it from me as it came with my Turbo kit. Only 900 miles on it lol. I don't think tracy has the evac situation as figured out as he thinks. I had the single port rx can on my car from new and when I had my intake off recently my valves look like $hit and runners were wet with oil. Im making the move to mightymouse solutions.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #30
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
LOL I'm waiting for the infomercial to come out. Congrats on your success so far. All I feel I'm lacking is a solid tune.
Not that it is bad, but IPF leaves 100% torque management on the car. I'm working on getting the transmission to stop removing so much timing during a shift, it kills momentum. The tune I have right now is insane, at 50% throttle in 1st gear the blade is open 100%, and this is at 1500 RPM's. On the street 1st gear is worthless now, at the track with some heat in the tires it might hook up.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:01 PM   #31
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
This is what I got from HP Tuners
a. Stock pcm reads & writes without issue
b. Trifecta tuned pcm's will NOT read out. They tunerlock their pcm's
c. To fix a trifecta tuned pcm you'll need to either use their handheld flasher to flash back to stock, this SHOULD work, though I don't believe its been tested yet or flash it to a 2011 VIN/os via MDS or similar and then flash it back to the correct VIN in order to fully overwrite the OS.
d. IPF tuned pcm's will NOT read out. They tunerlock their pcm's
e. To fix a IPF tuned pcm you'll need flash it to a different year vin ie if you have a 2010 you'd need a 2011 VIN/os & vice versa via MDS or similar and then flash it back to the correct VIN in order to fully overwrite the OS.

When reading one of these tunerlocked pcm's upon reading you'll receive a Reader Upload Request:x7F Negative response code error.

Here is what you need to do to calibrate after the above companies loaded a tune in the vehicle:

If your vehicle is a 2011, you need to use GM TIS or have the dealer flash it to a 2010 VIN. Then flash it back to your original VIN.
If your vehicle is a 2010, you need to use GM TIS or have the dealer flash it to a 2011 VIN. Then flash it back to your original VIN.

If you don't do this and just try to reflash it to the same VIN, the GM software will skip writing the OS and you still won't be able to read.

We're going to make this work one way or another and I don't care who built the engine.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:21 PM   #32
MagnumForceGB

My IPF tune was not locked, I was able to read out both ECU and TCU with HP Tuners. Trifecta was locked though.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:04 AM   #33
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Last week, I was unable to download the tune, and even weirder, my scanner would connect to the Camaro but didn't scan. We even loaded what we though was the stock tune.

I know it will work because I have scanned plenty LLT, but this computer with the currently loaded tune totally locked me out. Im confided we'll get it to work once we figure out what blocking our calibration platform.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:10 AM   #34
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Hey Guys, Just finished reading the discussions after my post. In my opinion, (and I don't profess to be anything close to a tuner) it boils down to this. Rather than fight the potential issues concerning tuning an existing computer that already has a tune in it and risk losing it, save that computer for use as a default computer or one that you can safely use in case a new tune doesn't work out for whatever reason. You can purchase a brand new ECU for $100 on the net and then have a mobile programmer install & load a stock, updated write with your original VIN that matches the vehicle. This can be done for about another $100 and then you have a new, stock programmed ECU, to be used for a modified program. Then, if something goes south in the new write, you simply plug in the 1st computer you know worked and then work out program issues later. Makes a good back up in case you need it. Of course, you may need to drive easy, depending on what modifications you have made. Better than not being able to drive the car. I know $200 bucks is $200 bucks but look at it as an investment that could save the day, if needed. This is a small price to pay for the security gained. I have done this before and I am glad I did because one other tuner could not achieve the results I wanted and I simply plugged the ECU with Trifecta's tune back into the car and was off and running. Hope this sheds some light on another approach to a potential problem.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:11 AM   #35
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
My ipf tune was not locked either. FSP was able to use HP tuners with no issues

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2015, 08:25 AM   #36
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
My ipf tune was not locked either. FSP was able to use HP tuners with no issues

The secret for me was pouring German beer in the fuel tank, that Bosch ECU loves it.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:39 AM   #37
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Mine was yagermeister.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:18 AM   #38
Peter-5

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
This is what I got from HP Tuners
a. Stock pcm reads & writes without issue
b. Trifecta tuned pcm's will NOT read out. They tunerlock their pcm's
c. To fix a trifecta tuned pcm you'll need to either use their handheld flasher to flash back to stock, this SHOULD work, though I don't believe its been tested yet or flash it to a 2011 VIN/os via MDS or similar and then flash it back to the correct VIN in order to fully overwrite the OS.
d. IPF tuned pcm's will NOT read out. They tunerlock their pcm's
e. To fix a IPF tuned pcm you'll need flash it to a different year vin ie if you have a 2010 you'd need a 2011 VIN/os & vice versa via MDS or similar and then flash it back to the correct VIN in order to fully overwrite the OS.

When reading one of these tunerlocked pcm's upon reading you'll receive a Reader Upload Request:x7F Negative response code error.

Here is what you need to do to calibrate after the above companies loaded a tune in the vehicle:

If your vehicle is a 2011, you need to use GM TIS or have the dealer flash it to a 2010 VIN. Then flash it back to your original VIN.
If your vehicle is a 2010, you need to use GM TIS or have the dealer flash it to a 2011 VIN. Then flash it back to your original VIN.

If you don't do this and just try to reflash it to the same VIN, the GM software will skip writing the OS and you still won't be able to read.

We're going to make this work one way or another and I don't care who built the engine.
Can a dealer legally do this?
Peter-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:18 AM   #39
Peter-5

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Hey Guys, Just finished reading the discussions after my post. In my opinion, (and I don't profess to be anything close to a tuner) it boils down to this. Rather than fight the potential issues concerning tuning an existing computer that already has a tune in it and risk losing it, save that computer for use as a default computer or one that you can safely use in case a new tune doesn't work out for whatever reason. You can purchase a brand new ECU for $100 on the net and then have a mobile programmer install & load a stock, updated write with your original VIN that matches the vehicle. This can be done for about another $100 and then you have a new, stock programmed ECU, to be used for a modified program. Then, if something goes south in the new write, you simply plug in the 1st computer you know worked and then work out program issues later. Makes a good back up in case you need it. Of course, you may need to drive easy, depending on what modifications you have made. Better than not being able to drive the car. I know $200 bucks is $200 bucks but look at it as an investment that could save the day, if needed. This is a small price to pay for the security gained. I have done this before and I am glad I did because one other tuner could not achieve the results I wanted and I simply plugged the ECU with Trifecta's tune back into the car and was off and running. Hope this sheds some light on another approach to a potential problem.
That's a great idea! Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Also do you mean the ECU or the ECM?

Last edited by Peter-5; 02-24-2015 at 09:29 AM.
Peter-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:24 AM   #40
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
c. To fix a trifecta tuned pcm you'll need to either use their handheld flasher to flash back to stock, this SHOULD work, though I don't believe its been tested yet or flash it to a 2011 VIN/os via MDS or similar and then flash it back to the correct VIN in order to fully overwrite the OS. ...
I went from Trifecta to IPF and was able to with no problems after using the Trifecta suite to flash back to stock.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #41
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Mine was yagermeister.
Jager helped me quit drinking, whenever I start to get a buzz I get flashbacks of puking up Jager Bombs behind the bar lol
Attached Images

JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:53 AM   #42
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
The secret for me was pouring German beer in the fuel tank, that Bosch ECU loves it.
LOL!! Deutsch Bier ist das Beste!
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote