Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 07-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
MrClean

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Performance Tuning

Hi all - First post here - I was hoping someone would know of a shop(s) in the NW that does good performance work.
MrClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
chevyss
SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/blk stripes A6
Looking for one myself. If you find someone let me know.
chevyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
what are you looking to have done? I know a ton that do forced induction... one in particular out of Kirkland. but also i know shops that will do HKS suspensions.... um brake packs.... CNC in Redmond (there have been threads on them already) do GREAT STUFF... buts its pricey.
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
MrClean

I would like to put on the Hotchkis Suspension, do some behind the axle exhaust mods and have the the car tuned (still debating this as I am worried about the warranty implications). Nothing exotic, but I have been unable to find anyone in Eastern Washington that specializes in this type of work. I have been to Benchmark Motors in Bellevue to have the windows tinted and a Passport 9500ci installed (they did a great job by the way) but my impression is that they specialize in electronics not the performance stuff, could be wrong, just my impression.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
ronster

Drives: Fast
Try Fast Specialties in Vancouver WA. 360-213-2781. From carb tuning to the latest. They use HP tuners, SCT, Diablo, whatever you might want to use....
ronster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #6
MrClean

Had my 2SS/RS Straight Piped today - looks good and sounds great. Check this thread out for details http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32468

I used Discount Muffler in Spokane 9104 E. Sprague (509)-926-6271 Ron did a great job - mine was the third he has completed. I heard about them from another 2SS/RS Yellow with Black Rally Stripes driver in Spokane (I do not remember his name) who had the Straight Pipe done there. Cost was $145 out the door.

While I was there Ron recommended Shelly Performance and Dyno Center in Spokane for performance tuning - http://shelleysdyno.com/default.aspx This is the second reccomendation I have had for them - I do not have any personal experience with them but probably will soon. I will keep you updated.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:02 AM   #7
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
I listed the ones I know on this thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35569
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #8
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
merge
Old 08-13-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
for the guys in Eastern washington I would take the drive to speed secrets (thats Ellis) hes in Monroe washington, if you have a programable computer, he cant touch 3rd gens with a chip).

if you are southern washington or in to oregon Wong performance in portland is the place to go.

its a hard choice for me since I know both guys & know they are good at what they do.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
ronster

Drives: Fast
There is a list of club supporting/sponsoring vendors/tuners on the PNWCC web site as well.
ronster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:24 PM   #11
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronster View Post
There is a list of club supporting/sponsoring vendors/tuners on the PNWCC web site as well.
& how would you know that lol.

keep forgetting thats there, need to get it updated lol.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #12
camarossowner
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS Black Camaro
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
& how would you know that lol.

keep forgetting thats there, need to get it updated lol.
Max Rpm in Bremerton can do some great tuning too. They have a great dyno setup too.
camarossowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:58 PM   #13
john98ssfbody

Drives: 2002 White SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronster View Post
Try Fast Specialties in Vancouver WA. 360-213-2781. From carb tuning to the latest. They use HP tuners, SCT, Diablo, whatever you might want to use....
They may have the tools, but personally I wouldn't let them work on my sons tricycle. A friends camaro was taken to them for mods to the tune of around 9k or more. Mods included tuning, blower and headers. 26 miles after the blower was installed the dampener spits out from under the car and causes damage to the K frame and tears up the right fender where it exited from under the car. This happened because they didn't pin the dampener which was clearly called out in the instructions. My friend takes it back to them and their owner says to my friend "jeez what is your take on this" I can't repeat what was told to me. However they did fix the car on their dime but it took them nearly 3 months because they were trying to source USED parts!

Later, when the car was tracked, it still didn't perform as promised, several trips back to them and no resolution. Later they (FAST) tell my friend that it was because the local (PIR) dragstrips timers were WRONG!!! and that was the reason why his car wasn't faster After that they didn't want to even deal with him any more. Basically they just wanted him to go away.

He later took the car to another local tuner, who found several things wrong with the installation and wiring of the fuel pump. Their installer placed the relay at the rear of the car exposed to the weather, his wiring consisted of cheap butt connectors and his ground was screwed into the sheet metal with a self tapping screw that was LOOSE. It was a disaster waiting to happen, if that auxillary pump failed under boost the engine goes lean and BOOM. The fuel line was also routed in a way that it was kinked nearly causing a restriction in the line. Anyone with common sense would see this as a amateur install, when I was in high school I knew enough to use decent electrical connectors, and to know enough not to expose a electrical component to the weather especially under the car exposed to spray off the tires.

After the new guy fixes his car it gains 8 tenths down the strip! No I wouldn't take my sons tricycle to them, let alone a new high tech Camaro SS.
john98ssfbody is offline   Reply With Quote