Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #29
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Like Caverman said... if it was something that the dealer could trace back to the fog lights, then they have the option not to warranty whatever it is. These are a simple install using pieces that are more efficient that the stock. I cant think of anything they would have a fit about...

Not to mention, we currently sell these kits to 3-4 local Chevy dealers and several more out of state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
If I install these lights, are they going to cause problems with the warranty of electrical parts when I go to the dealer for service??
BFxenon.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #30
pkauf

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Convertible RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFxenon.com View Post
Like Caverman said... if it was something that the dealer could trace back to the fog lights, then they have the option not to warranty whatever it is. These are a simple install using pieces that are more efficient that the stock. I cant think of anything they would have a fit about...

Not to mention, we currently sell these kits to 3-4 local Chevy dealers and several more out of state.
OK, please forgive my "stupidity" in advance. I have a 2LT on the way (didn't want the rs package just to get the nice headlights) - so I'm interested in upgrading the lights sometime. Here are my questions:
1) Do you have a kit that would work with my car?
2) Why is there all this talk about legality? The RS package comes with "Xenon HID Headlamps" - what is the differerence of your kit that would make some think they might be illegal?
3) I have read some threads saying these kits don't work that well because the housings/etc for the Halogen lights aren't designed for HID - and although it looks good, you lose what the lights were put there for - illuminating the road.

Thanks!!

Paul
Old 02-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #31
mmongi7

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Send a message via AIM to mmongi7
Nicely done. Need to get some brighter headlights in my car. Might just do this way now.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #32
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

Hey Paul... hope this helps:

1) Do you have a kit that would work with my car? - Yes

2) Why is there all this talk about legality? The RS package comes with "Xenon HID Headlamps" - what is the differerence of your kit that would make some think they might be illegal? - The legal aspect is due to the housing on the non-RS vehicles and not being approved for HID use. The reflective style housings tend to have a wider spread than if it was contained with a projector (like the RS). If you ever got pulled over for window tint, it would be same consequence... in your respective state.

3) I have read some threads saying these kits don't work that well because the housings/etc for the Halogen lights aren't designed for HID - and although it looks good, you lose what the lights were put there for - illuminating the road. - I cant speak for all kits, but our lights are designed to maintain the OEM focal point of the light beam. There is no way you lose light with our kit!

Our kits are 300% brighter than that factory lights on the Camaro and come with a lifetime warranty. It is 100% plug and play so if you ever needed to get a fix it ticket signed off, it would take about 15 min to go back to stock. I would say its the easiest light install on the market...

Thanks Paul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkauf View Post
OK, please forgive my "stupidity" in advance. I have a 2LT on the way (didn't want the rs package just to get the nice headlights) - so I'm interested in upgrading the lights sometime. Here are my questions:
1) Do you have a kit that would work with my car?
2) Why is there all this talk about legality? The RS package comes with "Xenon HID Headlamps" - what is the differerence of your kit that would make some think they might be illegal?
3) I have read some threads saying these kits don't work that well because the housings/etc for the Halogen lights aren't designed for HID - and although it looks good, you lose what the lights were put there for - illuminating the road.

Thanks!!

Paul
Old 03-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #33
spyder

Drives: 2010 V6 | M6
OK. I installed the lights. They look great. I got them installed from a good shop which has been around for almost 15 years+. My question is that are they supposed to flicker a little when you turn them off or no? Because, Let's say I just started to drive and I turn on the headlights they come on perfect. But when I turn them off they flicker a little and shut off. I also notice a slight noise if my radio is on. Is this normal or is there an installation problem?
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #34
Lava
LSU Tigers!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I don't have the flicker or noise and did the install myself. Not really much to it. Love the look on my Silver Ice car. Maybe you should get it checked out to see if they grounded it properly.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #35
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

a couple things... somtimes, depending on where you mount the ballast you could get radio interference. It doesn't usually last more than a couple seconds until the ballast warms up.

In regards to the flicker, they should not flicker... it should be an on or off. Is it only one side, or both? double check your grounds. I recommend the fender bolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
OK. I installed the lights. They look great. I got them installed from a good shop which has been around for almost 15 years+. My question is that are they supposed to flicker a little when you turn them off or no? Because, Let's say I just started to drive and I turn on the headlights they come on perfect. But when I turn them off they flicker a little and shut off. I also notice a slight noise if my radio is on. Is this normal or is there an installation problem?
Old 03-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #36
jordan 572

Drives: none
so is this more appealing to the non rs cars? why would you add a hid bulb in a alreay hid car? does this bulb match the oem halos?
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #37
spyder

Drives: 2010 V6 | M6
tHe flicker occured few times after I had left the shop. Now it doesn't. Goes on and off smoothly.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #38
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
so is this more appealing to the non rs cars? why would you add a hid bulb in a alreay hid car? does this bulb match the oem halos?
Correct....this is geared towards Camaros without the RS pkg....thus the "(Non-RS)" statement in the thread title.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #39
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Correct....this is geared towards Camaros without the RS pkg....thus the "(Non-RS)" statement in the thread title.
wow im so smart i should have
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #40
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

Old 03-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #41
Mombasa2k3

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel Tintcoat 1LT Camaro
Lovin my Light kit

I recently ordered the HID headlight kit for the Non-RS Camaro i really love the brightness and it makes it MUCH easier to see signs at night also it gives a nice look to my car and the DRLs still work. I just had to slightly mod 1 thing to get it to work which was the Wire that you would normally be able to screw onto the bolt that would be on the battery terminal but... it's not there because the battery is in the trunk so what i did was i took a screwdriver and widened the hole enough to fit the bolt that the Positive cable connects to from the back of the car . Other than that tiny fix it was very easy to install for me. and i also recommend grounding the 2 Ballasts to each side on the fender bolts that just so happen to be right next to the optimal place i found to mount mine . Good job on the kit keep up the good work.
Mombasa2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #42
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

Sounds great!! I would love to see pics if you have some?

Tags
bfxenon hid headlights, hid install, non-rs hid lights, wiring harness