Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #15
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
I just ordered a complete set of Hawk HPS pads from this website...

http://marylandspeed.com/chevy-camar...1240_1392.html
Old 03-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
mssuez2001
RAVEN SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I was looking at the Hawks, wanted to see if anyone had used them yet....let me know how you make out with them!
mssuez2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #17
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSS View Post
I just ordered a complete set of Hawk HPS pads from this website...

http://marylandspeed.com/chevy-camar...1240_1392.html
Best price around. Got mine a few weeks ago and waiting to put them on with my powdercoated Brembos, braided lines, and complete flush with Motul 600.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #18
SamSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
Best price around. Got mine a few weeks ago and waiting to put them on with my powdercoated Brembos, braided lines, and complete flush with Motul 600.
Their prices are always good. I've got all the parts for my car from marylandspeed so far
Old 03-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #19
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
i am wondering why? you went in to look at the brakes in the first place for? ??
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #20
SamSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
i am wondering why? you went in to look at the brakes in the first place for? ??
The "normal" Brembo squeal got much worse. It squeals every time I brake, and also I felt the car doesn't stop like before. Turns out 3 out of 4 of them are at the minimum.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #21
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Make sure to get your rotors turned. They told me my rotors had some blue streaks in them and would not turn them as they said they had gotten hot and the metal got harder. I went with Hawks and at first they sqealed all the time. I did 60mph to 20mph ten times in a row then drove 20 minutes highway to cool them down.

They still sqeal some but not like before the bedding. I can see where they are leveling out the rotors. Early on the pads did not cover the entire rotor with the bedding but now almost the entire rotor is covered front and back. They did roughen up the rotors some but nothing like being turned.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #22
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Absolutely! Have the rotors turned. Will yield better performance and give your new pads a chance to bed much more easily.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote