Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #29
ZL1Naboz
ZL1Naboz

Drives: '13 ZL1, ‘53 Chevy Pickup, ‘22 GMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
Well looks like we are still sitting idle. I had Becky check today and there still is no movement of our cars. Man o man, Don't they {GM} know they are making us suffer!!
Never had this issue when I ordered my BMW 335is
ZL1Naboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #30
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Naboz View Post
Never had this issue when I ordered my BMW 335is

Did you ever happen to think maybe not very many people want one? I really believe I would'nt trade my old beat up 1986 Dodge truck for one!
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #31
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
My ZL1 was held for about a month before it was released from Canada. But it was during winter and I was told it was because they didn't want to risk the tires being cracked due to the severe cold. Maybe they are waiting to see if any more are headed in your direction before they ship them. Saves money to ship several instead of a few. Just my opinion though. I understand your frustration, but it will def be worth the wait. And by the way, I complained a little and got a little something in return from GM.

Proud Owner of the baddest Camaro ever built
ZL1
Lee9710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #32
ZL1Naboz
ZL1Naboz

Quote:
Did you ever happen to think maybe not very many people want one? I really believe I would'nt trade my old beat up 1986 Dodge truck for one!
So you've never driven one....great daily driver
Old 05-07-2013, 05:53 AM   #33
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
If I was GM I wouldn't be telling the problem either. I would just work to fix it. Remember non of these cars are yours yet and GM can do whatever they want with them. If you cant't wait buy one off the lot. There is getting to be a lot of them sitting and they are starting to get real on the price.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #34
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
If I was GM I wouldn't be telling the problem either. I would just work to fix it. Remember non of these cars are yours yet and GM can do whatever they want with them. If you cant't wait buy one off the lot. There is getting to be a lot of them sitting and they are starting to get real on the price.
Well that is the problem. I have searched the entire state for a car the color and options I want and there is none. I know the dealers are supposed to service the cars no matter where you buy them BUT I have always had the dealer be more "accomodating" if you buy from them. So since I have ordered from my local dealer I will just wait it out. After all my bank account still has the same amount in it as it did when I ordered it!!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #35
Bigtime53

Quote:
So you've never driven one....great daily driver
I was just kiddin you!! Your a good sport!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #36
ZL1Naboz
ZL1Naboz

Quote:
I was just kiddin you!! Your a good sport!
No worries! With CAI and Tune it's pushing 411 hp on a pretty light platform. Handles better on the track than my 2010 2SS RS Camaro did.

Just looking forward to driving the Z
Old 05-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #37
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
Quote:
No worries! With CAI and Tune it's pushing 411 hp on a pretty light platform. Handles better on the track than my 2010 2SS RS Camaro did.

Just looking forward to driving the Z
I had a 335i (2008) for a few years and really enjoyed the car. Loved the styling when they first came out. I put a Dinan system on it to get it to 400HP. It was a comfortable car and great to drive but it was quiet and a bit soft - had more of a luxury car feel than a sports car feel. BMW in general has shifted more in the luxury car direction with all its models which is a disappointment to me. Totally different experience from the ZL1 which has a very distinct personality, nothing subtle about it which is what I like.
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #38
Bigtime53

Has anyone heard if they have released the cars yet? Who ever the man is that has answered some threads on this site who is from chevy customer care will weigh in and tell us something,PLEASE!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #39
ZL1Naboz
ZL1Naboz

Quote:
Has anyone heard if they have released the cars yet? Who ever the man is that has answered some threads on this site who is from chevy customer care will weigh in and tell us something,PLEASE!
I sent a PM to Chevrolet Customer Svc with a link to this thread. Maybe he with jump in with an update for all those looking
Old 05-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #40
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Greetings all,

I understand the frustration behind the hold(s) on the affected orders and we appreciate your patience to an extreme degree. Currently, the Camaro ZL1 and 1LE are under a quality assessment review. The assessment involves looking at each ZL1 / 1LE unit still at Oshawa to ensure it meets our standards. After the assessment is completed, the units are sent off to the dealers.

Please understand, quality assessment does not necessarily mean there is an issue with any one or all the cars. It is the plant's opportunity to ensure the cars are meeting and exceeding the set standards before the unit is shipped to the dealer and ultimately delivered to the customer.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #41
Performance Enthusiast

Drives: Domestic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Greetings all,

I understand the frustration behind the hold(s) on the affected orders and we appreciate your patience to an extreme degree. Currently, the Camaro ZL1 and 1LE are under a quality assessment review. The assessment involves looking at each ZL1 / 1LE unit still at Oshawa to ensure it meets our standards. After the assessment is completed, the units are sent off to the dealers.

Please understand, quality assessment does not necessarily mean there is an issue with any one or all the cars. It is the plant's opportunity to ensure the cars are meeting and exceeding the set standards before the unit is shipped to the dealer and ultimately delivered to the customer.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
If the current ZL1/1LE hold at the plant is simply a quality assessment review for each car, then why have no ZL1/1LE's been shipped to any dealers in the last month from Oshawa? It would make the most sense for each car that passes inspection to then be released for shipment to the dealer. Is it realistic to think that none of the cars have passed the quality assessment inspection in the last month?
Performance Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #42
Hyena

Drives: 2013 1LT RS CRT
So why aren't ALL Camaro's being held for inspection?I'm sorry,I fail to believe all ZL1's and 1LE's are being held for a "quality' inspection.I'm not trying to start trouble or anything,I'm just saying it's a load of bull in my opinion.
Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote