Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-12-2015, 10:27 AM   #1
1BadAssSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Ethanal treatment... Yes or No

Do any of you use an ethanol treatment?

Do you notice a difference in performance?
Attached Images

1BadAssSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 01:20 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Haven't used any E85 to even worry about it. And in general, any additives are frowned upon.

Having said that, I didn't realize the LS3 was flex fuel capable. The car doesn't have the logo on it, unlike other cars which typically do when it's supported.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #3
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
15% ethanol or less is safe for use in Camaros...its also recommended top tier fuel be used.

Camaros are not E85 friendly....ethanol content over 15% degrades seals.

As far as using above referenced additive, why are you considering using it?

If you stick to top tier fuel, I see no appreciable need or reason to use an additive as they, per GM are frowned upon.

I only use BP which is 100% fuel and not blended with ethanol.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 02:22 PM   #4
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadAssSS View Post
Do any of you use an ethanol treatment?

Do you notice a difference in performance?
This is an additive package that conditions seals preventing degradation...aabsolutely NO performance gains.

From your sig...I see a very well modified engine...I suggest using top tier fuels in your area that do not contain any ethanol. Though ethanol percentages will not harm an engine, power output with ethanol blend will reduce engine potential performance as ethanol and doesn't have the total combustible potential as 100% dyno.

That said..even at 10% won't be bad..and since pure 100% fuel locations are diminishing...we're stuck with 10%
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Last edited by Banshee; 06-12-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:39 PM   #5
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

http://pure-gas.org/
Old 06-12-2015, 03:00 PM   #6
1BadAssSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Thanks for the link.

I wasn't sure how ethanol friendly our motors are. (Using the 10% added at the pump.)
1BadAssSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 03:37 PM   #7
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

The real issue with ethanol is that, for guys like me that have older cars...ethanol holds onto moisture and degrades older fuel lines and carb seals faster then hell. Newer cars are engineered with the ethanol factored in...thus less than 15% is acceptable.

Marine outboards, lawn equipment and older cars is what that treatment is well suited for. It counters the degrading effects of alcohol with lubricity and conditioning.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:41 PM   #8
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadAssSS View Post
Thanks for the link.

I wasn't sure how ethanol friendly our motors are. (Using the 10% added at the pump.)
If you were storing a car for over 30 days or over winter with a full tank of gas...hell yea...I would add a bottle or 2 of that prior to fill if it had 10% ethanol...I love my newer cars and don't lease and keep my cars. A small investment for a solid piece of mind.

If you are turning over a tank of gas every week or two...you won't have much of a condensation issue.