Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-21-2010, 03:58 AM   #1
carguy50

Drives: 2SS/RS, Sequntials,Tune,Flomstr,CAI
ANY PROBLEMS INSTALLING THE LED TAIL LIGHTS ?

ANY PROBLEMS INSTALLING THE LED TAIL LIGHTS ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received my LED Tail Lights yesterday. I have read about the problems with the lights as to smoking the wiring. Has anyone else had install or function problems with the LEDs. They look to be a quality product, but I want to be sure BEFORE I install and find a problem on my own
carguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
Supercharged2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS - Supercharged
this is what I just put up on the other thread with Chase:
Install recap: worst part: getting the bezels off is a complete BEEOCH!!! take heed to the directions when it says be patient, you need it. litterally by far this took the longest of all install. kind of just worked my way around back and forth to different lights. one thing i did find is that you can reach under the back of the lights and get a little bit of pressure upwards on the tabs and it helps some. Second worse part: getting the 2 outside nuts off the outside tail lights, good part is all these are just finger tight, take your time not to drop the nut, there is no telling where that goes. we dropped one, but somehow with a magnet stick was able to achieve. Things to watch out for: there is not much slack in the LED power wire/plug coming from the cores themselves. it's a tough reach for the outside wires to get together almost pulled mine unplugged. things that helped: when you have to slice the gromet, and basically "birth" the new plugs through the slot, take the yellow "bushings" and plastic caps off, makes it a bit easier to get through your new slot. other than that, it was a smooth install, oh, make sure you read the addendum instructions, they are the letter sized papers. missed that the first time, which totally made me miss the new resistors. luckily figured those orange wires needed to do something, and thought to look at all the papers. I didn't wire up the switch for show mode, although just put the purple wire on the negative to test all the lights. for testing purposes "show" mode was great, other wise I found it very disorienting, LOL. good luck to all who install. once in, totally worth the skin I lost during install, most of which on those dang bezels.
Supercharged2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
rareslick

Drives: IOM 2SS
No problems with mine install just remember to install the resistor bracket last.
rareslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I also thought of that since it cuts down on the available space to put the tail lights bolts back on. Nice catch as it will save many the blood part of putting these in.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote