Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 02-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #15
HWDV

Drives: 2013 Camaro Hot Wheels SS
What's the Count Down?

CAI Induction, Cat Back Exhaust & Xpel Clear Bra

HWDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #16
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
It is hard to say, but based on the white truck in the VIP parking lot it looks like it would comfortably fit 16 of those wide and 4 deep.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
It is hard to say, but based on the white truck in the VIP parking lot it looks like it would comfortably fit 16 of those wide and 4 deep.
Yes, this is my home track and very familiar with the layout. The picture is old and I'll take it down as it probably brings up more issues than are really necessary and it will probably change.

The grassy areas are perfect for any size trailer or truck. At the end of the grandstands along the 1/4 mile track is motor home and 18 wheeler parking so plenty of room. The boxed out area for trailers easily holds 2 rows of regular size trailers and is right next to the staging lanes which we will definitely not be using much of except for traffic in and out.

I have no problem with anyone starting a trailer thread and keeping track of the count for us.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:28 PM   #18
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
There is a fence that separates the entrance gate from the lanes, no issues as far as accessing the lanes, where they are setting up the autocross track depends where they can park those of us with trailers, also where the car show will be, the "VIP" lot is for employees and people attending an event in the tower club. Any other questions? This track is a 2nd home to me.

Thanks mlee, the corral at the end would be a good deal if we don't have too many trailers coming

383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #19
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yes, this is my home track and very familiar with the layout. The picture is old and I'll take it down as it probably brings up more issues than are really necessary and it will probably change.

The grassy areas are perfect for any size trailer or truck. At the end of the grandstands along the 1/4 mile track is motor home and 18 wheeler parking so plenty of room. The boxed out area for trailers easily holds 2 rows of regular size trailers and is right next to the staging lanes which we will definitely not be using much of except for traffic in and out.

I have no problem with anyone starting a trailer thread and keeping track of the count for us.
You actually raise a good point. We rarely use more than a couple of staging lanes, so maybe the larger trailers can pit in the outside three lanes (closest to the road).
Old 02-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
You actually raise a good point. We rarely use more than a couple of staging lanes, so maybe the larger trailers can pit in the outside three lanes (closest to the road).
That was the plan. It was just an easy place to keep them lined up and super close the staging.

This area is also where they typically park the really large ones.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 6470
Size:  41.0 KB
Old 02-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #21
HWDV

Drives: 2013 Camaro Hot Wheels SS
Keep them clean

Charlie's Car Wash is willing to come help keep our cars clean! He does an amazing job with spot free water and top of the line wash products. Who would he need to talk to set up a spot? He is a San Antonio business! Name:  image.jpg
Views: 6469
Size:  138.7 KB

CAI Induction, Cat Back Exhaust & Xpel Clear Bra

HWDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #22
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
We had contemplated doing a pre-pay through the store site to help speed things up and we'd hand out wrist bands to those as they pull through the front gates as ID's were presented for wrist band pick up. However, that could end up being more time consuming than simply taking cash/card. The plan is to have two lines entering the gates and yes, I know the feeling of sitting there in line for a LONG period of time trying to get everyone in those gates. Valdosta was a pretty big learning experience for us and we don't want a couple hours to pass just trying to get everyone in.

I'll clarify with Mike on this, but I'd like at least 4 people (two per line) collecting payment as people come in (and four more for signatures on liability waivers). Moving people in through those gates is a priority. We want to get it done as quickly and efficiently as possible.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:09 AM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Thanks Mike for also looking out for us-your home track knowledge will be a big plus.
do I see fencing on both the north and south sides of the staging lanes running E/W parallel to the road?
It would be certainly preferred to be able to park on hard surface in lieu of grass for using jacks , changing wheels, and inclement weather (NOT fun hanging out on sandy mud). Looks like there should be extra room on various cement areas.

We'll get you a trailer count if possible as it gets closer.

We'll assume for now someone will be working on responses for early arrivals to the track, early trailer drop, and leeway on early entry.
Im sure many of us have spent Long times for initial event entry. This will be the most frustrating item to start the Cfest experience. There should be at least two groups taking in money at the gate.

Thanks again.
There is not fencing on both sides of the staging lanes. It's wide open on the track side. The grass areas are also perfect for parking on and it is very hard ground. This doesn't mean you have to jack cars in the grass, if you just put the tow vehicle part off the concrete to save room. Plenty of concrete for pits behind the trailer if this method is needed.

I will say one of the cool fest memories I have is hanging out in line with 300 other Camaros. Don't think anyone was upset at all, however as TAG said we are taking measures to ensure this isn't the case at RPR.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:35 AM   #24
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Thank you gentlemen.

Tag
I had thought of suggesting pre pay.
- this is year 5, yes we have discussed this
it could work if the bands were handed out at the meetngreet hotel thursday night. Not everyone would be able to do it, but it would speed things up at the gate. - Yes, we are all over this
not sure if id seen it, but if its not a cash only entry-that slows things down too. - Yes, this will be strongly encouraged, but not mandatory
it could be done via pre pay or by pay at the hotel(easier so no 'lookup table needed). Hotel will not be handling any of this. There are many of them
The waiver form could be signed prior to receiving the band.
then at the gate, those with bands get in one line and drive thru with quick stop to show security their band (same as what then happens on saturday for returning paid participants). Yes, way ahead of you on this one

Mike
please draw lines where all the secured fencing is.
(300 cars is cool, but could take 1.5+hrs at a quick 20 sec per. I wouldn't recommend sleeping in late. )

Thanks
Thousands will be attending NHRA Spring Natls just a few days before the fest. Yes lines will be long, but they will move quickly. Not the first rodeo out there. We spend the entire day before setting things up to run smoothly and we have plenty of volunteers to help. Tks for the ideas.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:52 AM   #25
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Thanks again.
you know im use to long lines at the big events I go to. I always have plenty of things to do/prep for as I wait.
ive had to explain this Normal long wait occurrence this past year after a event to several that were so upset that they ended up leaving and not participating. Weve all seen some of those reasons be controllable and uncontrollable (ie credit card reader not working well-could of had a backup). Just adding another outside view.

Just trying to help to increase others Fest experience ( I'll just enjoy being in Texas first time and not working).

See y'all there.
I have a feeling you'll have your wristband Thursday night and ready to bypass any line.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #26
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
If the weather man lies and it rains, will they bump Fri events to Sat or run Sat sched?

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #27
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666

Added Fest Map to the original post.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #28
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
I like the layout for the event so far, but question, as far as traffic flow for those of us with drag cars and trailers, are we going to make our pass, drive down the return road in front of the grandstand and then go back to our designated area?

383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote