Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-30-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Any recommendations for v6 brakes?

I am at 60k miles on my 2011 v6 and my brakes just started squeaking so it's time for a change. Do any of you guys have recommendations on what pads to go with? I've heard good things about Hawk but also heard they could be very loud so I'm not sure I want to go that route. Also, if I'm changing my pads should I also change my rotors? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
The Hawk Ceramics and HPS pads are a go to choice for a lot of people. If you are looking for very low dust and low noise, the ceramics are what you are looking for. We also have our Stillen Metal Matrix pads that a lot of people are using at a great price.

As for the rotors, you do not need to change the rotors when changing pads unless the rotors are warped.

PM or Call me with any questions.

Thanks

JT
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
May just need to get your rotors turned, sometimes cheaper and just as effective as buying new. I haven't priced out rotors for our V6. Cost might not be all that bad to just get new. You can tell if there is warpage, as you will have a pulsing feeling when you get on your brakes hard.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I haven't felt any of that while braking but like I said I have developed squeaking so I know it is at least time to change the pads. I've heard the Hawk pads are very noisey though, is this true? I'm not so much concerned about dust as I have the stock steelie wheels so I'm not too worried about dust getting on them. I won't be racing so I just need pads for basic DD riding.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
I haven't felt any of that while braking but like I said I have developed squeaking so I know it is at least time to change the pads. I've heard the Hawk pads are very noisey though, is this true? I'm not so much concerned about dust as I have the stock steelie wheels so I'm not too worried about dust getting on them. I won't be racing so I just need pads for basic DD riding.
The Hawk HPS pads are quiet as long as you do a proper break in procedure.

As for the rotors, you may be okay, but I suggest having someone check the thickness and see if they can be turned.

We have a great special going on hawk pads. Feel free to call, PM or email me with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote