Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #29
dmax86

Drives: 2016 Z06 C7R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
We already have a very similar whipple upgraded blower for the LS motors like the ford factory upgrade. We just get it straight from Whipple and slap it on an LS3 or L99, or you could buy the LSA powered z28 and have the whipple added in the aftermarket. Only downside would be no warranty on the motor. I would imagine you could run more boost on the LSA than the LS3 or L99. LS3 whipple with everything else stock was 560rwhp, w/ a 15% driveline loss thats 659FWHP. So in my opinion if you have to have a warranty then go w/ the GT500, if you want to make more power w/ less boost get the LSA and upgrade to a Whipple.I mean if you already are shelling out 50k, whats a paltry 6.5k for a blower ?
or uprgade the LSA with the LS9 2.3 blower!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #30
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax86 View Post
or uprgade the LSA with the LS9 2.3 blower!
Nice idea, GM could do that themselves, offer the 2.3 LS9 blower as an upgrade like ford does w/ the Whipple. The LSA is a 1.9 blower. The Whipple is a 2.9 and offers a little more power potential, but I doubt GM would offer it as an option like Ford does, so you would have tyo go aftermarket if you went Whipple on the GM.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #31
Napper

Drives: 2SS RS A6/ CTS-V A6 LSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorable MPG1975 View Post
I would take the CTS over the Shelby or Z28. Speed and class is hard to beat!
i'm laughing i have an intake and a tune.....and cutouts

give me a break....the coupe was an after thought.

the sedan is the record holder at the ring...

the Z28 might be a tad....A TAD quicker

but you guys have NO IDEA the cars i've dispatched in a intake exhuasted tuned CTS-v sedan.

magnetic suspension loook it up.....its very advanced and the braking is Phenominal.....My SS with all its mods and careful re-engineering. makes the same Hp and t number but pales.. Only in strait line...and a full 1/4 mile will it pull on my CTS-v.

on the highway @ 70 they are dead even.....to triple digits.

You guys don't remebr the days when a caddy was a fast machine.

the sedan is......i dont like the coupe it look s akward and door longer than the SS .. c'mon it an afterthought....a Caddy HAS to be 4 door.

and the Sedan does it so well....so well in fact that Amg amd the bwm m series went to radical redisgns to just stay even with it.

the Z with be a lesser car.. slightly faster.

but hell i'm already set to spank a Z in either car i have.

let the game begin.....Gt500 my poor wife.. i love it so

but its no match for the supercar CTS-v sedan not stock.

and modded equally it still outruns the Shelby.

terminate this..
L99, ADM RACE CAI, TVS 2300,LG- Headers and X pipe ,catless 3 inch back w/Magnaflows , Ngk plugs,Msd wires,180 stat,Springs ( lowered 1"- looks solidly correct)Sways and endlinks,BMR trailing arms, Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS ,tuned ,Black out bowtie and custom (black)"SS" on sides /midnight rims (8psi)
2010 Raven (triple black.)CTS-v , crank pulley, Bubb CAI , AR Headers, custom catlessback. magnaflows. tune ( 9psi)
former LS7, LS2 and LS1 owner.(Zo6, GTO's, WS6)
Napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #32
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napper View Post
magnetic suspension loook it up.....its very advanced ..
And very costly. Most of GM magnetic ride struts struts are over 1200 dollars a piece due to the magnetic fluid that is inside them. Awesome piece of technology but i would never want to pay that kind of price for some of the parts. Especially a wear item like struts. Precisly why I chose the z51 handling package for my corvette vs the magnetic suspension. I plan on keeping the car a long time and a nice set of bilstiens run about 400 bucks for set of 4 and work w/ the z51 suspension. The z51 equiped car was quicker around the ring than the F55 magnetic ride vette. Trade off is the z51 has a rough ride, where as you can select the stiffness on the magnetic ride F55 suspension. Gadgets are nice but give me simplicity any day, especially for those of us that like to turn our own wrenches.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #33
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napper View Post
let the game begin.....Gt500 my poor wife.. i love it so

but its no match for the supercar CTS-v sedan not stock.

and modded equally it still outruns the Shelby.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #34
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
The coupe may have been an afterthought but it is cooler, the sedan is a great car, but it doesn’t stand apart enough from the regular CTS.

I just saw the coupe in person for the first time and it is way better looking to me then the sedan. It looks very futuristic...I was really impressed…
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #35
mbrusco103

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS (M6) 427 Twin Turbo
i sure hope the Z28 is faster than the CTS-V because it is being designed to be the top contender in that price range and even though the CTS-V will cost a little more i think of it more as a luxury sport sedan and not a sport coupe like the Z28

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS ERL 427 M6 TT
-AGP Twin Turbo 55/57 .83ar | ERL 427ci | Squash Fuel System | Stainless Works Chambered 3" | Mcleod RXT | Factory Hurst Short Throw | Black Forgestar F14s | CTS V 6 Piston Brembo | VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood | Anvil Carbon Fiber Spoiler
mbrusco103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #36
Victoryred69

Drives: RS Victory Red/BS V6
Lets just say i know someone that knows someone that's in realllllllllyyyyy tight in a plant that makes this beast and is setting them up currently.... expect huge numbers, different interiors, crazy packages and none the less an insanely well developed car with enough power... close to ZR1 territory, if not ZR1 territory.....

2010 Camaro 2LT RS M6 VR/BS
Flowmaster AMT Axle Back
Vararam Ram Air Intake
P13 Plazma Bulbs
DT Shorty Headers
Heritage Grill
Blacked-Out Taillights and Side Markers

Victoryred69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #37
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred69 View Post
Lets just say i know someone that knows someone that's in realllllllllyyyyy tight in a plant that makes this beast and is setting them up currently.... expect huge numbers, different interiors, crazy packages and none the less an insanely well developed car with enough power... close to ZR1 territory, if not ZR1 territory.....
Sweet - I hoped the Z28 would be a monster.

Glad that I don't have the cash to be pissed about my 2SS order.
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #38
Napper

Drives: 2SS RS A6/ CTS-V A6 LSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkeyslayer View Post
The coupe may have been an afterthought but it is cooler, the sedan is a great car, but it doesn’t stand apart enough from the regular CTS.

I just saw the coupe in person for the first time and it is way better looking to me then the sedan. It looks very futuristic...I was really impressed…

Well it has the same front grille.....and no superlong boat doors.

and i find the Sedan to be a Sleeper. All in the know give it respect...all that don't know Soon are staring at the common placed tilapips on either side.

Most that actually have had the Sedan do not like the coupe much.

try not dinging that door when you open it.

ok the back( coupe) is kinda cool.....but gimmicky..... will it stand the test of time????

The Sedan is just so classic...and classy. But thats my opinion.

i had the chance to get the coupe....why do i need 3 -2 door cars???

A guess which is worth more and far more desirable in the long run? would be the Sedan. a low milage sedan in auto will be worth the most. down the road. it appeals to men women young and old and anyone can haul cause its a very linear automatic.

The Sedan is the Designed car. the record holder.....the ONE that made the germans
run tail inbetween legs.

The one that challenged every car and no other car in its class could take it at monticello

Fact is though that the Z28 with a dedicated sport suspension. it will be a better performance car.
( close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades) figure it to be 11.9 car vs 12.2 12-.3

and as our Gm insider has said the dedicated sport suspension Z ,will be a killer ( hopefully not a kidney killer....but i like that too)

lets hope the price is right.

***Please Don't demean the Sedan.....in triple black.....its far from common looking cts....people walk right past my SS and gawk at my CTS-V... common.??..i havent seen ONE in 7days.....SS/ Vettes even 5.0 yes.....No V's ...Sedan or Coupes.

i wonder if its a lower production car than we think???

Anxiously awaiting the Z, not to buy but to marvel at.
L99, ADM RACE CAI, TVS 2300,LG- Headers and X pipe ,catless 3 inch back w/Magnaflows , Ngk plugs,Msd wires,180 stat,Springs ( lowered 1"- looks solidly correct)Sways and endlinks,BMR trailing arms, Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS ,tuned ,Black out bowtie and custom (black)"SS" on sides /midnight rims (8psi)
2010 Raven (triple black.)CTS-v , crank pulley, Bubb CAI , AR Headers, custom catlessback. magnaflows. tune ( 9psi)
former LS7, LS2 and LS1 owner.(Zo6, GTO's, WS6)

Last edited by Napper; 10-13-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #39
carguy_z28
eating 1 ricer @ a time

Drives: 1974 Z28, 2011 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred69 View Post
I just dont see it competing with the ZR1, or even keeping up with it, hell, hennesy makes some sick power out of there camaro's, and they arent anywhere's close to a zr1. And they are putting more power down.. IDK
Old 10-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #40
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_z28 View Post
I just dont see it competing with the ZR1, or even keeping up with it, hell, hennesy makes some sick power out of there camaro's, and they arent anywhere's close to a zr1. And they are putting more power down.. IDK
It won't perform near the ZR1 level.

He could have possibly meant hp in the ZR1 territory though.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote