Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
So begins SIXJAK's sojourn into FI...

After much waiting-some self inflicted, some not, I got the call today at about 4:40CST from RX informing me that they indeedwere shipping my kit and were needing to confirm my shipping address.

The moment is here I guess. I am excited and apprehensive and yet I'm having such bipolar thoughts and emotions. Is this normal? Maybe not. I just have a lot to explain to the wife when it arrives. The "Power Charger" (she's so cute) is her gift to me but she's waiting on her inheritance money from her father who passed away several months ago. It's tied up in probate because some i's weren't dotted and t's not crossed.

Prior to a Tornado hitting in Branson I had stockpiled away some cash (honey don't know money) for this mod. A friend who was hit hard needed some cash so I loaned him what I had. he paid me back in less than 2 months and as he paid me back I sent it to Tracy to pay for my SC kit to get the ball rolling thinking that by June at the latest my wife would be getting her money. And voila I'd have a SC plus enough money to properly pay to play should something like a motor break. Still waiting on that money Gaaaaaaaah. I know, "Cool Story Bro!"

I'm trying to rationalize to myself but I'm not sure it's working. We're going to Disneyworld next month and my wife is shoving money away for that on top of trying to finish a downstairs remodel. So a bit of dilemma.

The OD pulleys are still not in so I am debating as to whether I should just wait until my OD pulley ships to do the install. My car is also used as a show car of sorts to promote my business and if it's out of commission too long the other owners (my bros) will begin to make comments and when they begin to make comments, I become defensive. And when I become defensive, a DIRECTV-ish cataclysm of events may occur.

I'll keep you all posted. As the saying goes: "_______ about to get real."
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Somebody been a bad boy... Rat-holeing... Love It...

Welcome to the Insanity... Following along...

Are you going to start a build journal, if you don't already have one...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 07-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Congrats Jak. Can't wait to see it in person. Now we just need to convince KMP to take the plunge!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Lmao, loved your story! Congrats and keep us posted!! And use the stock SC pulley then when the 9psi one gets in compare.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #5
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Great write up. Congrats on another step - will all be installed and running before you know it. Well done on the rat hole - being married, that's the only way "special projects" get funded.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Old 07-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
lmao good stuff Six! Cant wait to see your car when its all done. This thread is going to be alot of fun
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
Old 07-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Good luck Jak. Ill be following closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Congrats Jak. Can't wait to see it in person. Now we just need to convince KMP to take the plunge!
Considering I may have a chance to ride along in both your cars within the next month or two, I will definitely be jealous lol....but think ill he NA for a good while yet.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
Eric59

Drives: 2013 Summit White 1LE
I envy you guys that can afford these FI builds. I do enjoy reading about them. Good luck with yours Sixjak.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #9
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Congrats big man!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #10
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Congrats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
Old 07-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #11
SIXJAK

According to FedEx tracking, my SC kit is scheduled to be delivered on July 11. We'll see....
Old 07-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #12
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Old 07-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #13
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
After much waiting-some self inflicted, some not, I got the call today at about 4:40CST from RX informing me that they indeedwere shipping my kit and were needing to confirm my shipping address.

The moment is here I guess. I am excited and apprehensive and yet I'm having such bipolar thoughts and emotions. Is this normal? Maybe not. I just have a lot to explain to the wife when it arrives. The "Power Charger" (she's so cute) is her gift to me but she's waiting on her inheritance money from her father who passed away several months ago. It's tied up in probate because some i's weren't dotted and t's not crossed.

Prior to a Tornado hitting in Branson I had stockpiled away some cash (honey don't know money) for this mod. A friend who was hit hard needed some cash so I loaned him what I had. he paid me back in less than 2 months and as he paid me back I sent it to Tracy to pay for my SC kit to get the ball rolling thinking that by June at the latest my wife would be getting her money. And voila I'd have a SC plus enough money to properly pay to play should something like a motor break. Still waiting on that money Gaaaaaaaah. I know, "Cool Story Bro!"

I'm trying to rationalize to myself but I'm not sure it's working. We're going to Disneyworld next month and my wife is shoving money away for that on top of trying to finish a downstairs remodel. So a bit of dilemma.

The OD pulleys are still not in so I am debating as to whether I should just wait until my OD pulley ships to do the install. My car is also used as a show car of sorts to promote my business and if it's out of commission too long the other owners (my bros) will begin to make comments and when they begin to make comments, I become defensive. And when I become defensive, a DIRECTV-ish cataclysm of events may occur.

I'll keep you all posted. As the saying goes: "_______ about to get real."
I know the feeling!!! I was all excited about buying my methanol kit... BUT, then it was time to install it... and then I started thinking "What the hell am i doing..." and was very nervous about it... almost called it off!! UGH!!! I break the wife's car.... OMG... yeah... you know where that's going! LOL!

BUT, i did what I recommend everyone that is doing this kind of level of mods do... You need to have a Plan B and the means to execute it! While I have no doubt you will most likely have miles and miles of trouble free driving with the SC kit... you do need to at least think about a Plan B in case the worst happens... I did that with Scott from MRT. We came up with a Plan B and a figure to fund Plan B... just in case...

It's actually GOOD thing that you are second guessing things! That tell me you are thinking things through! I mean let's talk about the elephant in the room... What happens if the unthinkable happens and you break your motor? How long will your car be down? Do you have at least another vehicle you can use while your car is down? Will you be hanging out with Charlie Sheen, reenacting scenes from "Platoon"?

What bothers me is the young guy, whose car is there only vehicle, living pay-check to pay-check, who wants to finance a turbo or SC for their car...
Old 07-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #14
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
I know the feeling!!! I was all excited about buying my methanol kit... BUT, then it was time to install it... and then I started thinking "What the hell am i doing..." and was very nervous about it... almost called it off!! UGH!!! I break the wife's car.... OMG... yeah... you know where that's going! LOL!

BUT, i did what I recommend everyone that is doing this kind of level of mods do... You need to have a Plan B and the means to execute it! While I have no doubt you will most likely have miles and miles of trouble free driving with the SC kit... you do need to at least think about a Plan B in case the worst happens... I did that with Scott from MRT. We came up with a Plan B and a figure to fund Plan B... just in case...

It's actually GOOD thing that you are second guessing things! That tell me you are thinking things through! I mean let's talk about the elephant in the room... What happens if the unthinkable happens and you break your motor? How long will your car be down? Do you have at least another vehicle you can use while your car is down? Will you be hanging out with Charlie Sheen, reenacting scenes from "Platoon"?

What bothers me is the young guy, whose car is there only vehicle, living pay-check to pay-check, who wants to finance a turbo or SC for their car...
Yep you're so right (and why does the forum look so ghey right now? I certainly hope this isn't a permanent change.)
My main concern is getting into a situation where I'm chasing my tail trying to find the right tune along with the current shortcomings associated with data logging and getting an update in a timely manner.

I do have my truck to drive should the unthinkable happen and a Scion xB in storage should the truck go down as well. And if those options tank on me then i can bum rides off my wife, LOL.

And if my wife would ever get her money, then I've got that buy a new motor money should it go kaboom. Otherwise I'm back to rat-holing.

Wanting that Razzi body kit and to do some interior/exterior lighting mods and maybe some cams and ported heads. Something tells me the more porting done the better this motor will sound. Ported IM helped a bit.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 07-07-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
lol