Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-06-2011, 07:03 AM   #85
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrown562 View Post
This might be a supid question but are the alignment specs for a stock ss the same on a stock v6. If not what are the best specs for a stock v6? Thanks
It is different, what the specs are i'd don't know. When I had SS suspension installed I had to tell the shop FE3 for the alignment.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #86
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Here's a spec sheet for V6, SS, & G8 - both stock & performance:

http://forum.wretchedms.com/showthread.php?t=60

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #87
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
Here's a spec sheet for V6, SS, & G8 - both stock & performance:

http://forum.wretchedms.com/showthread.php?t=60
And now here too.

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #88
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@PeddersUSA.com View Post
We have based our align specs for street and track based on professional drivers using telemetry equipment, tire temp monitoring, and recommendations from 3 professional drivers, including Paul Tracy.

The following Aggressive Street settings are recommended based on an average drop of 1 inch:

Front:

Camber to -1.0 degrees
caster 7.4 to 7.8 degrees (requires adding caster Pedders Caster eccentrics to get into this range of caster, which is very benificial
Toe: .1 degrees toe out each wheel.

This amount of toe out will reduce tire scrub and understeer, and will not add to tire wear.

Rear

Camber to -.5 degrees. Reducing the camber to this level will reduce understeer. With a 1 inch drop or lower, you cannot obtain this number without Pedders rear camber eccentrics

Toe to .05 degrees toe in each wheel.

For Aggressive Track

Now these settings are only for a Camaro with a Complete Pedders Track suspension Package. This setup with street performance tires can hit 1.38g's thru the turns, and have great tire temps all across. Paul Tracy said this setup was "PERFECT"

Front

Cambers to -2.4 degrees
Caster 7.5 to 8.0. Requires Pedders Caster eccentrics
Toe .25 degees toe out each wheel. (This setting should not be used for the street)

Rear
Camber -1.2 degrees, Required Pedders rear eccentrics
Toe .05 toe in each wheel.

Here is a video of the Pedders Camaro with these settings, driven by Paul Tracy. Notice the Pedders Camaro being chased by a ZR1, which could not go the same line as the Pedders Camaro.

Here is a video from Chris Fessler, our dealer and sponsor:
http://vimeo.com/8678971

Any questions just ask

thanks
mike
dms
I knew those mountains looked familiar! I did the zr1 class out there. Pretty impressive to see the Camaro hold a nice line and zr1 trying to hold as tight. This vid just pushed me closer to getting the zl1 and upgrading the suspension for track use. Thanks!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #89
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
I knew those mountains looked familiar! I did the zr1 class out there. Pretty impressive to see the Camaro hold a nice line and zr1 trying to hold as tight. This vid just pushed me closer to getting the zl1 and upgrading the suspension for track use. Thanks!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:04 AM   #90
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Too much front camber

Throughout this year, I've lost count of the number of times my car has been up on the alignment rack. The main reason is to try various alignment settings to see how the car would respond.

The rear of the car is very well behaved. Oversteer is (mostly) predictable and managable with the throttle.

The front of the car is where the Camaro's 3800 lbs really rears its ugly head. Terminal understeer occurs much too easily and early. To battle this, I tried all sorts of camber settings.

-1.5° front camber caused understeer to occur early and easily.

-2.5° front camber made the front end grip much better, but at the cost of lost braking. You can really feel the difference how poorly the car brakes with too much camber.

-1.7° front camber seems to be a pretty good compromise. Next year, I plan to go back to the shop and dial in more -ve camber 0.1 degree at a time to try to get the best of grip and braking power.

My current alignment specs are as follows:

Front
Camber: -1.7°
Toe: -0.1° (out)
Caster: 7.3

Rear
Camber: -1.3° (max out stock adjusters)
Toe: +0.15° (in)
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #91
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
Throughout this year, I've lost count of the number of times my car has been up on the alignment rack. The main reason is to try various alignment settings to see how the car would respond.

The rear of the car is very well behaved. Oversteer is (mostly) predictable and managable with the throttle.

The front of the car is where the Camaro's 3800 lbs really rears its ugly head. Terminal understeer occurs much too easily and early. To battle this, I tried all sorts of camber settings.

-1.5° front camber caused understeer to occur early and easily.

-2.5° front camber made the front end grip much better, but at the cost of lost braking. You can really feel the difference how poorly the car brakes with too much camber.

-1.7° front camber seems to be a pretty good compromise. Next year, I plan to go back to the shop and dial in more -ve camber 0.1 degree at a time to try to get the best of grip and braking power.

My current alignment specs are as follows:

Front
Camber: -1.7°
Toe: -0.1° (out)
Caster: 7.3

Rear
Camber: -1.3° (max out stock adjusters)
Toe: +0.15° (in)
Everything you are doing is right on the money. What wheel and tire package are you running?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #92
Avalnch

Running:
Forgeline GA3 20x10/20x11 + Toyo R888 285/40R20 & 315/35R20
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:59 PM   #93
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
Running:
Forgeline GA3 20x10/20x11 + Toyo R888 285/40R20 & 315/35R20
It would really help if we could get more rubber up front. I haven't run the front to rear numbers, but something like a 305/30/20.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #94
Avalnch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
It would really help if we could get more rubber up front. I haven't run the front to rear numbers, but something like a 305/30/20.
More rubber up front would be nice for sure, but 20" R-compound tires are hard to come by. Waiting for more choices.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #95
njdad61

Drives: 2020 Satin Steel 2SS Coupe
I'm about to install BMR Split Drop Springs (1.4" front/1" rear), Trailing Arms (poly bushings), and Toe Rods (non-adjustable). I have the stock P-Zero tires and around 415 rwhp. I'm looking for the best alignment specs for my car. It is mainly a daily driver, although I have a very heavy foot and need all the traction I can get! I also plan on taking it to the drag strip a few times but I want the settings to best promote good tire wear and street traction. Below are the alignment specs in the BMR Spring installation instructions, but is there something more exact I should have the alignment guy shoot for? Thanks for any help!

STREET PERFORMANCE

Front camber: -0.8min to -1.1 max
Rear camber: -0.7min to -1.0max
Front toe: -1/16"
Rear toe: -1/16"
Front caster: 7 to 8.5 (OE not adjustable)
  • Arrived 8/13/19
  • Home 8/16/19

Last edited by njdad61; 02-10-2012 at 08:23 PM.
njdad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #96
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdad61 View Post
I'm about to install BMR Split Drop Springs (1.4" front/1" rear), Trailing Arms (poly bushings), and Toe Rods (non-adjustable). I have the stock P-Zero tires and around 415 rwhp. I'm looking for the best alignment specs for my car. It is mainly a daily driver, although I have a very heavy foot and need all the traction I can get! I also plan on taking it to the drag strip a few times but I want the settings to best promote good tire wear and street traction. Below are the alignment specs in the BMR Spring installation instructions, but is there something more exact I should have the alignment guy shoot for? Thanks for any help!

STREET PERFORMANCE

Daily Driver?
Weekend Drag Strip Warrior
Autocross Champion?

Give me a more details about your driving and I'll set you up with an alignment to suit.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #97
njdad61

Drives: 2020 Satin Steel 2SS Coupe
Quote:

STREET PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Daily Driver?
Weekend Drag Strip Warrior
Autocross Champion?

Give me a more details about your driving and I'll set you up with an alignment to suit.
It's a daily driver so I'd like as much traction as I can get on the street. I only plan on going to the drag strip maybe a couple of times per year. Thanks!
  • Arrived 8/13/19
  • Home 8/16/19
njdad61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #98
JusticePete

Quote:
It's a daily driver so I'd like as much traction as I can get on the street. I only plan on going to the drag strip maybe a couple of times per year. Thanks!
We can do that!

Front

Caster: No Factory Adjustment
Camber: -.75
Toe: ZERO

Rear
Camber: ZERO or as close to ZERO as possible
Toe: IN .10

Improved rear tire wear, better on center steering feel all round better driving feel.