Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #3095
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2010 View Post
That doesn't suprise me. Pete is that kinda guy he gave me the shirt off his back!
And you look damn good in it.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #3096
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Hey Pete, are all of the parts for my car going to make it for late May?
I cant wait to see how all of this work on the suspension drives, I ordered the "Jusice package" with the new remote coilovers, so I guess mine will be pretty close to yours.
Yes sir.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #3097
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
Hey MWS, how ya dooin?!
Sounds like your busy, that's a good thing! There is a whole lot o people who ain't!
Funny ya asked about the rotors, just got em on tonight!

"Vee" hasn't shown up yet, Mrs. Windy is anxiously awaiting her arrival. She was scheduled to be here last Friday but no show. I would expect in the next few days.
We are going to drive it for a month or two before sending her for a little Lingy magic!
Good to hear from ya, take care of your nuts!

Thanks, I hope you are busy and have a lot of errections booked.
We are blessed to be busy!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #3098
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Yes sir.
Thanks!!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #3099
mws444

What did you think of the wieght difference?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #3100
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
What did you think of the wieght difference?
I weighed the stock rotors, 26#, the RB ones, 21#. Have not driven the car yet. Still have other stuff torn apart. Something tells me there will not be a noticeable difference, but I hope I'm wrong.
I have to swap the rear sway, and finish the wiring (switches) for the line lock. Then the beast will ride again.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #3101
Windy City

BWS, my Brother, here are some CCW pics showing fitment and clearance and all..........
The only place there is an issue is with the E-brake cable, easy fix.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #3102
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
I weighed the stock rotors, 26#, the RB ones, 21#. Have not driven the car yet. Still have other stuff torn apart. Something tells me there will not be a noticeable difference, but I hope I'm wrong.
I have to swap the rear sway, and finish the wiring (switches) for the line lock. Then the beast will ride again.
5 pounds of unsprung weight is a substantial reduction. 5 pounds of of rotating mass at 100 MPH is a HUGE difference. The OEM caliper on your Camaro will do a decent job of stopping the car with either rotor. What you won't see is that when you run really hard the protective boot on the caliper pistons will disintegrate from the heat. My SS caliper required a rebuild after every track session. Using a race style pad will really improve your brake performance. I am a big fan of Cobalt Friction pads for track use. They are strictly a track pad. They are noisy as all get out. They grind up rotors, but there is no fade in hard track use.

We will be testing our CTS-V brakes on the Camaro this month. Based on the performance of the CTS-V brakes at the Nurburing in a heavier sedan we are expecting a huge improvement.

For rotors, I happen to prefer two piece units with a solid rotor. Modern pads really do not gas off. You'll notice more and more race cars with solid rotors for this reason. If you really do track your car rotors are really only good for one day so why pay for holes and slots.

The biggest improvement you can make to your Camaro brakes for track use is to run some kids of duct to increase air flow. Any ducting will pay off with reduced brake temps. Maybe LPE is already doing a brake duct kit?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #3103
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Dan, it was my pleasure. Now go smoke those other guys this weekend. As for alignment specs, I'll speak with Rob at Wretched and make certain you have an edge.

Pete, With you and Pedders backing me up I do have an Edge.. and a damn good one at that!

P.S.>> I have the decals you sent to me all ready to go on the car easily.. I bought a roll of Magnetic Vinyl and applied them to it so that my decals are removeable and re-useable. They are Stick-ons!
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #3104
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Pete, With you and Pedders backing me up I do have an Edge.. and a damn good one at that!

P.S.>> I have the decals you sent to me all ready to go on the car easily.. I bought a roll of Magnetic Vinyl and applied them to it so that my decals are removeable and re-useable. They are Stick-ons!
This is the best part of of what I do. Thank you for choosing Pedders for your LPE Camaro. We appreciate you placing your trust in Pedders. Welcome to the PEDDERS NATION!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #3105
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Windy.. Car looks Good! How much is the 20" stock wheel/tires to the new 18" saving you in weight? That added with the Racing Brake rotor savings SHOULD be noticeable.

I saved 49 1/2 Lbs. with the 19" tire swap..

18's must be substantial weight savings.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #3106
Windy City

Quote:
5 pounds of unsprung weight is a substantial reduction. 5 pounds of of rotating mass at 100 MPH is a HUGE difference. The OEM caliper on your Camaro will do a decent job of stopping the car with either rotor. What you won't see is that when you run really hard the protective boot on the caliper pistons will disintegrate from the heat. My SS caliper required a rebuild after every track session. Using a race style pad will really improve your brake performance. I am a big fan of Cobalt Friction pads for track use. They are strictly a track pad. They are noisy as all get out. They grind up rotors, but there is no fade in hard track use.

We will be testing our CTS-V brakes on the Camaro this month. Based on the performance of the CTS-V brakes at the Nurburing in a heavier sedan we are expecting a huge improvement.
Any ducting will pay off with reduced brake temps. Maybe LPE is already doing a brake duct kit?
Yea thanks. I have the math down on the rotating mass, believe me! But I have no intent on pushing this slightly overweight muscle car around a roundy round track.
There are 100's of "race" cars out there that owners are giving away for dimes on the dollar that would be better suited and instantly more competitive.
I have looked at plenty over the last few months.
The proper destruction of brake parts is fun but not in this street muscle car.
It's much more fun in an 2000# Italian thoroughbred!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #3107
Windy City

Quote:
Windy.. Car looks Good! How much is the 20" stock wheel/tires to the new 18" saving you in weight? That added with the Racing Brake rotor savings SHOULD be noticeable.

I saved 49 1/2 Lbs. with the 19" tire swap..

18's must be substantial weight savings.
I'm not sure on the poundage 570, I had it all down a few months ago but I've been bouncing back and forth between projects so much I can't keep up!
Good luck this weekend, or next weekend, I think you said you were taking your car out. Don't scratch her up, I know how much you love her!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:45 AM   #3108
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Quote:
A sneak peek of things to come... <--- That's me Dancin'!!!

The paint is dull as they lightly sanded the hood with 2000 grit to get ready for the clear coat.. it won't be long now..!!!!
Looks awesome 570!!!
10 Camaro: Built 376, LSA Heads, BTR valve train and Stage III Camshaft. F1A 12 Rib-3.75 pulley (17psi), Squash Dual Fuel System with Return (Dual Walbro 450LPH on a Hobbs Switch), Aeromotive regulator, Holley Fuel Rails, ID1300's. RMVB 4L80, 4K Stall, and Trans-brake. 9" IRS, 3.50 gears with a full spool
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote