Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #15
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
The ARK costs more because as others have said, it's mirror polished 304 SS-the highest quality you can get. Nobody else does this. If you're young and a bit of drone is not an issue, get the N2. If drone is an issue get the DT-S. I have the DT-S and as someone else mentioned I had the SOLO's before. I loved the ARK's but was concerned about drone so I went with SOLO's. Everyone hears frequencies differently and whats bothersome to one person may not be to another. To my ear, the ARK DT-S has less drone than the SOLO Mach X J-Pipe catback.

The fit and finish is simply in another league and you're not going to find a lot of ppl who regret installing them. If you've got the money then just get them. If you're concerned about drone then get the DT-S. You'll love it.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:37 AM   #16
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
The ARK costs more because as others have said, it's mirror polished 304 SS-the highest quality you can get. Nobody else does this. If you're young and a bit of drone is not an issue, get the N2. If drone is an issue get the DT-S. I have the DT-S and as someone else mentioned I had the SOLO's before. I loved the ARK's but was concerned about drone so I went with SOLO's. Everyone hears frequencies differently and whats bothersome to one person may not be to another. To my ear, the ARK DT-S has less drone than the SOLO Mach X J-Pipe catback.

The fit and finish is simply in another league and you're not going to find a lot of ppl who regret installing them. If you've got the money then just get them. If you're concerned about drone then get the DT-S. You'll love it.
Thanks, I think you've just convinced me to buy an N2. I like that its high quality stainless steel and I want the most aggressive sound possible. I can deal with a bit of drone, hopefully it wont be too bad. But if I can make my v6 sound more like a beast then a little bit of drone wont be a problem.

I don't mind having my girl hear me arrive and leave the house. Which is something that doesn't happen with my stock exhaust
ben3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #17
SIXJAK

You'll love them. Next to the IPF SC, the ARK catback has been by far my favorite mod and brought me the most happy.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #18
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Speaking of the headers, if you are looking for an aggressive tone with "growl" as I like to call it, or you could say some lope (like the V8s tend to have more natural, for instance, the lope they have when idling)....then I'd go for BBKs, OBXs, or Stainless Works. Otherwise, if you want to retain a more smooth sound, but just get louder, go for the ARHs.

I've listened to the LT header videos so many times on here it would make your head spin, and I've compared the ARH headers with other cars with the same or similar exhausts, just different headers. In every case, the ARH doesn't have the same growl and I also feel they give off a bit higher tone. I'm not saying the ARH are not a good quality product....they are and they will increase your power just the same I'd imagine. But for some reason (either their design, or perhaps the size of their primaries) they do not give off the same sound.

For me, my choice would be BBK.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #19
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Speaking of the headers, if you are looking for an aggressive tone with "growl" as I like to call it, or you could say some lope (like the V8s tend to have more natural, for instance, the lope they have when idling)....then I'd go for BBKs, OBXs, or Stainless Works. Otherwise, if you want to retain a more smooth sound, but just get louder, go for the ARHs.

I've listened to the LT header videos so many times on here it would make your head spin, and I've compared the ARH headers with other cars with the same or similar exhausts, just different headers. In every case, the ARH doesn't have the same growl and I also feel they give off a bit higher tone. I'm not saying the ARH are not a good quality product....they are and they will increase your power just the same I'd imagine. But for some reason (either their design, or perhaps the size of their primaries) they do not give off the same sound.

For me, my choice would be BBK.
Long tubes are the way to go, I have a love hate with my current exhaust set up but I myself might go for an ark set up or make a custom catback exhaust.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #20
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT

N2 sound great with BBK headers.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:57 AM   #21
ben3350

Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post

N2 sound great with BBK headers.
that sounds awesome. I would love to get headers down the road when it fits my budget
Old 01-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #22
SIXJAK

Love those vids. Along with Rene's parking lot burnout video and Smoke1's DT-S vids I decided to make the switch from SOLO's to ARK's.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #23
ben3350

I love the agressive tone of the n2 especially during WOT. its so mean
Old 01-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #24
ARK Performance

Drives: Corvette C7
Like everyone has been saying, get the DT-S for less drone and the N-II for a more aggressive setup. The DT-S seems to go well with LTH's too. I'm sure you will be happy with either system though
Please give me a call at 909-590-1275 if you have any questions. We do give special pricing for Camaro5 members as well!

-Kevin
ARK Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #25
Gman5001

Drives: 1lt crystal red metallic
I got the n-II on my v-6 and I love it. Sounds so nice.
http://youtu.be/RwswdXI2PRc
I have some shots inside the car and outside. There really isn't a drone that is noticeable
Gman5001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #26
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
ARH and DT-S on mine. I researched header and exhaust combos for almost a year - wanted sound and performance since there were lots of mods goin to be done. Yes it's pricey but quality of the exhaust is worth every penny.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #27
AKA-51

Drives: Ellie
its just a matter taste ...for me this exhaust makes the car sound like a v-6.....for most v-6 owners are looking for the v-8 sound....
AKA-51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #28
Gman5001

Drives: 1lt crystal red metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-51 View Post
its just a matter taste ...for me this exhaust makes the car sound like a v-6.....for most v-6 owners are looking for the v-8 sound....
Yea I know exactly what you mean. And that's why I bought it since I liked the v6 sound and there is no way to make it a v8 nosie
Gman5001 is offline   Reply With Quote