Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #15
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmd View Post
Nice looking system, but I'd still go with ARH...honestly with the system ARH give you, there is no reason to purchase a catback or axle back, which really results in a cost savings vs headers+catback combo.

I've used both systems Kooks on TBSS, ARH on Camaro, I installed both myself, so I'm just stating MHO.
I think both companies have great looking setups imo its all about which you prefer.

ARH seems to have a great sales department and there product puts up good numbers even in the Texas heat. You mention " there is no reason to purchase a catback or axle back " correct...... someone may want a different sounding system than the stock.

Just like ARH if you call kooks themself they will piece together a system all the way back to the mufflers of your choice...theres or etc.

both companies are offering a Great product.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #16
Robert@G-Force

Drives: 04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R. Headers View Post
Robert, I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk down our product. There's quite a bit more to our system then two 12" catless attaching pipes, which by the way we can easily offer to those wanting a Corsa cat back. If you knew everything our ARH Gen 5 systems consisted of you'd realize they're the furthest thing from a rip off.

Nick
No one said anything about being a rip off all I stated was the Kooks is cheaper and still allows the user to use an aftermarket catback.
Robert@G-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #17
cheesesauce

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert@G-Force View Post
No one said anything about being a rip off all I stated was the Kooks is cheaper and still allows the user to use an aftermarket catback.
Stainless works is cheaper for just headers. ARH comes with an X-pipe and cats, hence the bigger price tag.
cheesesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #18
Mod007

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Do you have any catted in stock, also do these require an 02 extension harness?
Old 07-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
When it comes to headers I could care less about price...(I want the best... coming from past experiences) Now that I have Corsa catback I want something that will bolt right up and it sounds like Kooks has what I want.

What about exhaust sensor locations etc? Also, will it still pass emissions testing in Texas?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:26 PM   #20
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
I personally am going with the ARH LTH's cause they do come with the x-pipe and everything is supposed to connect and fit in easily. I've compared prices just like everyone else and it's not a bad deal in comparison. Now I just have to figure out which CAI and mufflers I want. I'm leaning towards Vararam, but have to outweight the moisture issue and leaning towards the MBRP mufflers only because they have the square tips that fit into the GFX slots better than the round tip look. I wouldn't mind Flowmaster 40's, but the couple of sound clips I've heard doesn't impress me. I just want to find two cans that work with the ARH system and help it to sound nasty without too much interior resonance. If anyone has any ideas on 2 mufflers that would go good with the ARH system, please reply. I'm also contemplating on the SLP Loudmouth 2 mufflers. The muffler delete option of the #1 system seems like it might be too loud with the headers. Also, I don't want to pay for cutting out my mufflers. Any shop should be able to do that without the SLP charge.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #21
1BadaSS

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod007 View Post
Do you have any catted in stock, also do these require an 02 extension harness?
The kooks headers come with the o2 extension harness
1BadaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #22
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8IWON View Post
I personally am going with the ARH LTH's cause they do come with the x-pipe and everything is supposed to connect and fit in easily. I've compared prices just like everyone else and it's not a bad deal in comparison. Now I just have to figure out which CAI and mufflers I want. I'm leaning towards Vararam, but have to outweight the moisture issue and leaning towards the MBRP mufflers only because they have the square tips that fit into the GFX slots better than the round tip look. I wouldn't mind Flowmaster 40's, but the couple of sound clips I've heard doesn't impress me. I just want to find two cans that work with the ARH system and help it to sound nasty without too much interior resonance. If anyone has any ideas on 2 mufflers that would go good with the ARH system, please reply. I'm also contemplating on the SLP Loudmouth 2 mufflers. The muffler delete option of the #1 system seems like it might be too loud with the headers. Also, I don't want to pay for cutting out my mufflers. Any shop should be able to do that without the SLP charge.
Consider using the stock mufflers (paint them flat black if you want to hide their appearance), and apply cuouts near the rear end housing. 2 DMH electric cutouts would allow you to have NASTY when you want it, and when closed nice quiet cruising. The factory mufflers DO sound a little rowdy when your above 3000 rpm, so its not totally sterile, but its civil around town. 2 electric cutouts will still probably come in cheaper than most all of the axel back systems out there. JMHO
Old 07-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #23
Tom@ARH

Drives: 2003 Corvette ZO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert@G-Force View Post
Compared to ARH they are a steal.

I think is referring that we are a rip-off by stating this thats all.There is alot more to our kit than theres.
Tom@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #24
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom@ARH View Post
I think is referring that we are a rip-off by stating this thats all.There is alot more to our kit than theres.
Relax boys....ARH is so good ..Heck they ran Kooks right outta town

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #25
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
If you compare images there's quite a difference between what ARH offers and the Kooks; not saying the Kooks are bad but the OP's comment about them being a steal compared to ARH does imply that ARH is over-priced which it isn't. Look at the images and you can see the ARH setup includes the high-flow cats and a lot more than just some headers.
Attached Images

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #26
blackedout010

Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
If you compare images there's quite a difference between what ARH offers and the Kooks; not saying the Kooks are bad but the OP's comment about them being a steal compared to ARH does imply that ARH is over-priced which it isn't. Look at the images and you can see the ARH setup includes the high-flow cats and a lot more than just some headers.
you guys trip me out. lol kooks is just as good. they offer a full kit from headers through to exhaust. then they offer a header kit that will bolt up to aftermarket exhaust systems. giving you the option to choose your own muffler setup. most exhaust companies are not currently offering axle back setups thats why kooks is not throwing in the x pipe.
blackedout010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #27
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
hmm kooks tempting might just have to get them
2009 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - 6 speed, Headers, exhaust, Super Charged,SMS Supercharger, 4.10 gears, stage 5 transmission, duel clutch, and the beast under the hood A 440 CI 7.2 LITER HEMI
On order victory Red 2ss RS Camaro, Parts already received ARH Headers, SLP loud Mouth I exhaust, waiting for Vortech SuperCharger.
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #28
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedout010 View Post
you guys trip me out. lol kooks is just as good. they offer a full kit from headers through to exhaust. then they offer a header kit that will bolt up to aftermarket exhaust systems. giving you the option to choose your own muffler setup. most exhaust companies are not currently offering axle back setups thats why kooks is not throwing in the x pipe.
Yeah ^^ What he said ..They will sell you the entire system or only what you want....They do have a website..and your computer comes equipped with a calculator...just do some simple math

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote