Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #15
ELA205
SoCal MAYHEM

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS BLK/BLK
I think you get what you pay for. i got most of the stuff they are offering in black and am getting it installed today. I'll post pics when its done.

I have been dealing with Brian over at defenderworx and so far the customer service has been awsome!!

I can't wait to check out the shop today.
ELA205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #16
BlackCamaroSS
Old school SS, junior

Drives: Many; all Chevrolet
When are you going to make 1st generation SS replacements for the bowties, and retro SS badges for the fenders? Thanks.
BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #17
ELA205
SoCal MAYHEM

I purchased the reverse light case, SS badges, locking fuel door, and bow ties all in black from DefenderWorx and was at there shop yesterday for about two hours and man was I impressed!!

First off the pictures don’t do the product justice, when you see the quality of the stuff it’s just beyond what you would expect. For some reason I was expecting some cheesy product that I was going to feel dumb about buying but I was glad to be proven wrong. The front bow tie replacement alone was sturdier than the entire stock piece and it fits perfectly. I’ll post pictures once it’s all done.

Second and what really got me was the customer service. I have been exchanging emails with Brian for a while and he always replied quickly and with a solution. I asked about install and he said no problem even offered to meet me by my work since he lives in the area and put on my fuel door. When I got to the shop everyone was very friendly they showed me the entire shop and never tried to rush me out or anything like that. They installed all my stuff and even said they would see what they could do on a few other things I wanted modified. I go to see all their products and compared them to the stock stuff, trust me you want some of their stuff especially the door sills, and they have a product that to me just looks a lot sturdier and that will last. For those of you waiting for the shift knob all I can say is you won’t be disappointed!! That thing is sick and fits your hand perfect.

I know by now it sounds like I work for the place but I just think when you get excellent service or really crappy service, you should share the experience. DefenderWorx is the real deal and I will be buying more of their products!

Thanks Brian, Alex and Alex’s Mom (sorry didn’t catch you name) for making me feel like a valued customer. The Camaros at the shop are also not done justice in pics those things are sick, can’t wait until they are finished.

Keep it up guys!!
Old 07-24-2009, 10:45 AM   #18
Rickscamero

Drives: Infiniti G35 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedout010 View Post
yea just a lil overpriced
Yeah.. thats not a "lil overpriced".. thats really overpriced.

See the problem here is supply and demand. Supply is low and demand is high, so what do you think will happen? Price gouging!

I just hope that MFR. realize that they will get more comitted and loyal customers - that will likely turn into repeat customers if they didn't try to gouge them.

Now with the bowtie coloring, correct me if I am wrong - but wouldn't it be significantly less to

1) sand down the gold or blue paint on the bowtie;

2) Head over to home depot or walmart and buy a can of glossy spray paint;

3) Paint your bow tie?

The above-process.. $10.00 (includes gas to home depot or walmart!)
Rickscamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #19
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELA205 View Post
I purchased the reverse light case, SS badges, locking fuel door, and bow ties all in black from DefenderWorx and was at there shop yesterday for about two hours and man was I impressed!!

First off the pictures don’t do the product justice, when you see the quality of the stuff it’s just beyond what you would expect. For some reason I was expecting some cheesy product that I was going to feel dumb about buying but I was glad to be proven wrong. The front bow tie replacement alone was sturdier than the entire stock piece and it fits perfectly. I’ll post pictures once it’s all done.

Second and what really got me was the customer service. I have been exchanging emails with Brian for a while and he always replied quickly and with a solution. I asked about install and he said no problem even offered to meet me by my work since he lives in the area and put on my fuel door. When I got to the shop everyone was very friendly they showed me the entire shop and never tried to rush me out or anything like that. They installed all my stuff and even said they would see what they could do on a few other things I wanted modified. I go to see all their products and compared them to the stock stuff, trust me you want some of their stuff especially the door sills, and they have a product that to me just looks a lot sturdier and that will last. For those of you waiting for the shift knob all I can say is you won’t be disappointed!! That thing is sick and fits your hand perfect.

I know by now it sounds like I work for the place but I just think when you get excellent service or really crappy service, you should share the experience. DefenderWorx is the real deal and I will be buying more of their products!

Thanks Brian, Alex and Alex’s Mom (sorry didn’t catch you name) for making me feel like a valued customer. The Camaros at the shop are also not done justice in pics those things are sick, can’t wait until they are finished.

Keep it up guys!!
Thanks buddy! We are not done with you yet!!!! See you this weekend at the show.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #20
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCamaroSS View Post
When are you going to make 1st generation SS replacements for the bowties, and retro SS badges for the fenders? Thanks.
We have had a few requests and are looking in to the design and production, and if it works out will submit it to GM for approval!
Old 07-24-2009, 02:46 PM   #21
ELA205
SoCal MAYHEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderworx View Post
Thanks buddy! We are not done with you yet!!!! See you this weekend at the show.

the info for the cruise/show is on the CA forum July 25th Camaro5 Meet/Cruise- John Force Car Meet
Old 07-30-2009, 01:51 AM   #22
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
DefenderWorx Rocks

First I want to take thank everyone at DefenderWorx for the great hospitality. (Brian, Ted, Cathy, Tim, and Alex. You guys are awesome!!) Thank you for making my wife and I feel like one of the family. It was a great experience and I will go back for more accessories in the near future.

The quality and feel of the products is incredible.
I was expecting a sticker or something cheap but I was pleasantly surprised. Nice job guys.

And now for how it looks, well, they look incredible.
I got the Black Front and Rear Bowtie, Black Side SS Badges (I put them on the hood), Black Locking Fuel Door, and Black Side Vent Inserts (forgot to take pictures of those). I am extremely pleased and is just waiting for the Chrome Logo Gear Shifter from them. I also got the Darkened Covers for the Headlights and the Taillights.

So now the pictures. Sorry if they're not the best, I need a new camera.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:10 AM   #23
firstmate

Drives: 2010 Blk/Gry SS/RS M6
Awesome look... Be sure and take a pic of the side vents, I would love to see how those look too!!!
VIN #2386
Delivered 6-11-09 - Woo Hoo!!!

Hey Houston locals--------

Join the H-Town Camaro Club
www.H-TownCamaroClub.com
firstmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #24
Rikarus
I can't tpye!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Victory Red
like the headlight covers!!! sweet!
Rikarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 AM   #25
EKG

Drives: Right now....a Honda CR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickscamero View Post
Yeah.. thats not a "lil overpriced".. thats really overpriced.

See the problem here is supply and demand. Supply is low and demand is high, so what do you think will happen? Price gouging!

I just hope that MFR. realize that they will get more comitted and loyal customers - that will likely turn into repeat customers if they didn't try to gouge them.

Now with the bowtie coloring, correct me if I am wrong - but wouldn't it be significantly less to

1) sand down the gold or blue paint on the bowtie;

2) Head over to home depot or walmart and buy a can of glossy spray paint;

3) Paint your bow tie?

The above-process.. $10.00 (includes gas to home depot or walmart!)
EKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #26
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
not bad if you think about it about 50 bucks a emblem. I dont think it's too over priced
2009 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - 6 speed, Headers, exhaust, Super Charged,SMS Supercharger, 4.10 gears, stage 5 transmission, duel clutch, and the beast under the hood A 440 CI 7.2 LITER HEMI
On order victory Red 2ss RS Camaro, Parts already received ARH Headers, SLP loud Mouth I exhaust, waiting for Vortech SuperCharger.
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #27
adz817

Drives: 2010 CGM 1LT Camaro
any carbon fiber or hydrocarbon bowties?
adz817 is offline   Reply With Quote