Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #15
68 RS
68 RS

Drives: 1968 RS, 2010 SS2RS
Looks great, what's the HP?
68 RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:24 PM   #16
FI4T0MCAT

Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
500 rwhp. Im changing out the heads though, im running the dart pro 1s and im just looking for a little extra oomph.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #17
Rocky918

Drives: SS for Super Sexy!
i think the main reason people get a challenger is because they want that vintage look that it has... i dont see any other reason to get one over the camaro or mustang... except for people who coudlnt wait for the camaro cuz they are impatient... but i personally think the 2010 mustang is 10x nicer then the challenger and i hate mustangs... so thats saying something
Old 08-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #18
Fatstackz

Drives: 2000 SS Camaro/ 2007 300 SRT-8
Just a little food for thought. I would expect if I got a rental Camaro from Enterprise I might be less than impressed as well. They are not known to carry the models with options that an enthusiast would entertain buying. The Camaro also comes in a stripped model as well. You could really feel a difference just sitting in a Camaro once?
Fatstackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:35 AM   #19
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
If you want a 6 banger the Camaro is a better choice than the challenger...well...same with an 8 also lol
mrcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:32 AM   #20
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcowboy View Post
If you want a 6 banger the Camaro is a better choice than the challenger...well...same with an 8 also lol
want to race mine :-)
2009 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - 6 speed, Headers, exhaust, Super Charged,SMS Supercharger, 4.10 gears, stage 5 transmission, duel clutch, and the beast under the hood A 440 CI 7.2 LITER HEMI
On order victory Red 2ss RS Camaro, Parts already received ARH Headers, SLP loud Mouth I exhaust, waiting for Vortech SuperCharger.
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:22 AM   #21
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmollo View Post
Today I had to take the Porsche in for its yearly maintenance. They usually give me some sort or Porsche loaner, but today they were all out of cars. They sent me to the Audi dealership next door where there is an Enterprise Rent a Car. The girl says today is your lucky day. We have one car left and it's a Challenger. I said that's cool, I just ordered a Camaro. I will be fun to compare the two. ( Although I've never driven the Camaro )

So as I'm walking up to the Challenger I'm thinking no way is this the V8. I have never looked into one of these cars, just seen them on the road and read the reviews that it's the heaviest and slowest of the three. I did like the exterior styling of the car, but the interior is a joke. It's a plain jane Dodge on the inside. I can't believe they would forget about the interior. It looks like a Dodge 300, not that there's anything wrong with that. I just doesn't compete with the competition, IMO.

As soon as I drove this thing off the lot I could tell I was driving a V6. I was slooow and heavy and rolled from side to side. My wife was so pissed at me by the time we got home because I was trying and trying to get the tires to chirp. It never happened in the 30 miles to the house. When I got home I popped the hood to make sure I was in the V6. I'm sure the V8 is different but this V6 is a dog. After walking around the car in the garage it's just ok on the exterior. The whole car is just blahh.

To me, this just makes the Camaro that more appealing. I have sat in the Camaro, and the two just don't compare.

I guess the point of my story is, that even though a lot of us are still waiting on our Camaro, it's better than driving a Dodge today.
Do you need a car wash guy... to wash all your cars.... I mean seriously... if I can borrow your Porsche for one day on the weekends, I think I could wash your cars everyday during the week!

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:47 AM   #22
Capstone

Drives: .
I'm kinda torn on the subject just because both the Challenger and Camaro hold sentimental value for me. I briefly owned a '71 Challenger during a summer in highschool and it was my first muscle car. The new Challenger definitely reminds me more of that first car from HS, so the interior, is very much in keeping with the whole retro feel and gave me goosebumps the first time I saw one up close; The car I chose was the Camaro however mostly because I owned a '68 for a couple of years and tried to get it fixed up and ran out of money and because it's simply the best car overall, hands down.
Capstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:19 AM   #23
Bang Camaro
LT1 POWAAAAAH

Drives: 96 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can-Am View Post
Well, with 250HP trying to move 4100+ lbs., the thing was bound to feel like it was in mud. Can't say I disagree about the interior either... they could've at least given the car a Challenger-specific wheel or something.
the more and more i see/hear the specs on the challanger, the less and less i want 1... the do look beautiful, but they sound like crap and its like a million pounds heavier and more expensive... besides i can appreciate a camaro a lot more
Bang Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:44 AM   #24
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
I would chose the Camaro but I have seen a couple really nice SRT8s Challengers around Florida.
JTinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:57 AM   #25
FI4T0MCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatstackz View Post
Just a little food for thought. I would expect if I got a rental Camaro from Enterprise I might be less than impressed as well. They are not known to carry the models with options that an enthusiast would entertain buying. The Camaro also comes in a stripped model as well. You could really feel a difference just sitting in a Camaro once?
Well i was basing my opinion from being in a RT Challenger, Dont get me wrong i love the car, its just the interior is a fail, and its a fat pig.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #26
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianwhiplash View Post
I would in my '97 Trans Am.......but Im not telling what it has done to it, lol.

Proud Owner of the baddest Camaro ever built
ZL1
Lee9710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #27
FI4T0MCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianwhiplash View Post
Would love to.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #28
Forrest

Drives: 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold5000000 View Post
i kid at my high school just had his parents buy him a brand new challenger, it doesnt sound good, and it doesnt seem very fast, the thing that pisses me off is that all the kids in the school think its the shit, i know thats just because that is all they have seen, so i've been working my ass off for a year in the hope that i will have enough saved by spring senior year to show the poor kids at my school what a real muscle car looks, sounds, and performs like haha
AMEN! Another Highschool Kid like me trying to get a Camaro and working hard for it Although I already have mine, I worked like crazy Junior year. Totally worth it man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTinFL View Post
I would chose the Camaro but I have seen a couple really nice SRT8s Challengers around Florida.
I've only seen ONE out here in Daytona. Hugger orange, and he picked it up on the same day, from the same dealership, as I did. He's some 21 year old and kept wanting to race, but I broke it in frist. Saw him the other day, and with ARH, Noweeds, T-160 stat, and a tune.....He got smoked once he tried to race me again He was a bit shocked and confused one I diverted to 100% open exaust, trying to figure out where the sound came from. Then he asked me to trade at the next stoplight, and I told him No Thanks, and went on my way.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote