Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #29
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Is the SRT-8 more than the SS, yes, overpriced, no. The closest thing avail to the Challenger, a Large coupe with a V8 and RWD, would be lines of a BMW 6 series or a Mercedes CL class, and those are at least double the price
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #30
CamaroSS_LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Is the SRT-8 more than the SS, yes, overpriced, no. The closest thing avail to the Challenger, a Large coupe with a V8 and RWD, would be lines of a BMW 6 series or a Mercedes CL class, and those are at least double the price
I'm sorry but I must disagree and I was originally going for the SRT8. The SRT8 has no more power than the SS just a little bit bigger but still hard to get in and out of the back seat. The SRT8 has a boring dash board and the front seats are not as comfortable as the SS. The SRT8 is not as fast as the SS either nor does it handle as well.

I am a Mopar guy most of the time and I own a Chrysler 300 HEMI C with the 5.7 HEMI and I love that car. I also own a 1978 Dodge Lil Red Express Truck which is for sale BTW. So I do love Mopar also but I must say the Challenger is not worth $7,000 more just to get a bigger trunk.

I do love the Challenger it is a great car and would love to own one someday but Chrysler got just a little too greedy in its pricing IMHO. It took me a few days and a few test drives to finally settle on the Camaro. The $7,000 difference was what helped make my final decision.

No Mod's love it just the way it is.

CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #31
Montrose
USN CPO

Drives: 08 Titan,2103 Challenger 392 SRT-8
the funny part is as far as SRT8's go the Challenger is the cheapest fully optioned SRT8 you can get and i think it's the best looking out of the SRT8 line up.

Montrose
Montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:48 AM   #32
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
I had a chally ordered...but dodge dropped the ball and I waited 8 months and canceled my order. Dodge never even picked the damn thing up! I would get w/e you want. I have to listen to my wife a bit...she says the mustang looks like a girls car, and the chally is boring...she loves the camaro. When she met me I was driving a brand new camaro so...
mrcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #33
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS_300_HEMI_C View Post
I'm sorry but I must disagree and I was originally going for the SRT8. The SRT8 has no more power than the SS just a little bit bigger but still hard to get in and out of the back seat. The SRT8 has a boring dash board and the front seats are not as comfortable as the SS. The SRT8 is not as fast as the SS either nor does it handle as well.

I am a Mopar guy most of the time and I own a Chrysler 300 HEMI C with the 5.7 HEMI and I love that car. I also own a 1978 Dodge Lil Red Express Truck which is for sale BTW. So I do love Mopar also but I must say the Challenger is not worth $7,000 more just to get a bigger trunk.

I do love the Challenger it is a great car and would love to own one someday but Chrysler got just a little too greedy in its pricing IMHO. It took me a few days and a few test drives to finally settle on the Camaro. The $7,000 difference was what helped make my final decision.

I have to disagree with you too. remember there is actually a lot of benz in the Challenger. The automatic transmission and basic architexture are stright from the 3 pointed star. As for interior room, the Camaro is not even comparable, same with options, remember, a fully loaded SRT-8 is far more loaded than the most loaded Camaro. As for the interior, I prefer the Challengers simply because it works, I like the looks. The Camaros interior itself is nothing to write home about and after sitting in one is easily my least favorite part of the car. I am not dogging the Camaro, just stating there are reasons the Challenger is more expensive. Also from everything here and on other forums and tests, the SS does not out perform the SRT8 Challenger anywhere, but the opisite is also true, as the SRT-8 does not outperform the SS. THe closest automotive comparison I can think of it that the Camaro is like a poor mans 3 series BMW, more sporting and playful, but low on room and usability, but lower pricing, compared to the new E Class coupe, bigger, roomier, more option laden, more gorgeous, more expensive. For what you get both are truly bargains. There is nothing like either one on the road, and they themselves carrry very different personalities and missions. THe Camaro is smaller powerful Pony car, while the bigger Challenger is an all out muscle car (going by the sizes of each of course)
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #34
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD BRAD View Post
YEP THERE IS NO WAY U CAN PUT THE RT CHALLENGER UP AGAINST THE SRT 8 ITS A COMPLETE DIFFERENT CAR AND LIKE A LOT OF YALL SAID ITS ALL IN WHAT U WANT AND WHAT U LIKE NOT ONE SOMEONE IN A MAG TELLS U IS BEST. I LIKE MUSCLE CARS DONT CARE WHAT BRAND NAME IS ON THE SIDE JUST LIKE COOL CARS.
pictures?
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #35
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD BRAD View Post
YEP THERE IS NO WAY U CAN PUT THE RT CHALLENGER UP AGAINST THE SRT 8 ITS A COMPLETE DIFFERENT CAR AND LIKE A LOT OF YALL SAID ITS ALL IN WHAT U WANT AND WHAT U LIKE NOT ONE SOMEONE IN A MAG TELLS U IS BEST. I LIKE MUSCLE CARS DONT CARE WHAT BRAND NAME IS ON THE SIDE JUST LIKE COOL CARS.
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #36
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
mini van steering wheel . nufff siad

Last edited by Z/28orSs; 08-05-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Z/28orSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #37
coolman

what is an rtx8? Is that a cross between a dodge and a mazada? Iwould like to see one.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:36 AM   #38
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
Lol i was thinking that while reading the title. Well from owning the challenger and driving the ss, I like Both equally. Both turn heads and both are fast! its just taste. luckiely i have the option of getting to own both.
Its just personal taste, Also your asking what car you should get on a camaro forum. I think you know what answer you'll be getting on here
2009 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger SRT-8 - 6 speed, Headers, exhaust, Super Charged,SMS Supercharger, 4.10 gears, stage 5 transmission, duel clutch, and the beast under the hood A 440 CI 7.2 LITER HEMI
On order victory Red 2ss RS Camaro, Parts already received ARH Headers, SLP loud Mouth I exhaust, waiting for Vortech SuperCharger.
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:54 AM   #39
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
One of the things the chally trumps the Camaro in are wheels, Alcoa forge wheels that weigh 8.2 kg per rim and run $590.00 A pop !!!!!

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #40
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
That picture is retarded. It points out that the wheel takes up space, has mass, rotates in the correct direction, and maintains inertia.

Sweet wheel. Dumb picture.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #41
KoTToN

Drives: 2005 SilveradoSS AWD
holy crap i wish my truck had wheels that rotated and had mass.... oh wait
Like I said before, there is a dealership that is 4 miles away from my house that has 3 2SS's just sitting on their lot. And this is a very small dealership it's not a high volume dealership in a populated area., Come early summer, when 2011's are coming out, the camaro will be offered for 0%. I guarantee it
Sales Forcasting 101B:
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
apparently you didn't understand my post correctly. If there are 4 (now 6) camaros sitting at a low volume dealership, just imagine how many are sitting at the high volume dealerships
KoTToN is offline   Reply With Quote