Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-10-2015, 02:21 AM   #29
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
god that sucks in April my brother was in a bad accident a guy turned in front of him when he was on his motorcycle. he slammed his knee into the handlebar/clutch handle then went over the car and broke his leg in a few places when he hit the ground. my brother's insurance covered the loan on his bike (was a total loss) but he found out like last month the guy that he hit had NO insurance at all and my brother is on the hook for 20K medical bills .
Old 08-10-2015, 09:47 AM   #30
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
god that sucks in April my brother was in a bad accident a guy turned in front of him when he was on his motorcycle. he slammed his knee into the handlebar/clutch handle then went over the car and broke his leg in a few places when he hit the ground. my brother's insurance covered the loan on his bike (was a total loss) but he found out like last month the guy that he hit had NO insurance at all and my brother is on the hook for 20K medical bills .
Did your brother have medical insurance?
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:53 AM   #31
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog3071 View Post
That sucks you could take her to samll claims got and you may not even need a lawyer. Most likely she does not have the money to pay you even if you win.
time to start garnishing wages then.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:54 AM   #32
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
Hit by under insured motorist

In Florida you use your regular medical insurance for motorcycle injuries I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2015, 11:15 AM   #33
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Did your brother have medical insurance?
as far as I know he did not his job did not offer it
Old 08-10-2015, 11:21 AM   #34
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
I've never heard of a deductible for uninsured motorist.
A friend of mine had her car wrecked by a hit and run driver. When she tried to file acclaim under her 'uninsured motorist' coverage, she was denied: The insurance company pointed out that the other driver MIGHT have had insurance (we don't know, because he left the scene and was never found), so, therefore, they would not pay.

Clever insurance companies can and will slip all kinds of sneaky rip-you-offs into the terms and clauses...
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:31 AM   #35
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
What the heck is up with your state's minimum coverage only being $10,000?!?!? It's $25,000 in TX and that's really not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Ouch poor camaro. The insurance company trap doors are ridiculous but a 1000 deductible is crap insurance no offense.
It's not crap insurance, it is what he chose. I have a $750 deductible because I don't get in wrecks. $750 is the dollar amount that I selected because if I get any damage and it's under ~$750 I will just pay it out of pocket instead of putting it on my insurance. Higher deductible, lower premium. I'd prefer the lower premium.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 12:27 PM   #36
mth35115

Drives: 2010 Camaro rs/ss inferno orange
Small claims court doesn't always help I was hit by a uninsured driver and he declared bankruptcy before my adjuster told me my car was totaled.

HOT ROD SS
MTH35115
mth35115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:05 PM   #37
lsaterz28
the vetteman

Drives: 68Z/28,09G8/GT,11RS/SS VT,13GMC PU
Ins survey last 2 weeks on MSN. said 30% of drivers have no insurance. Some states % is higher or lower. many are non-citizens there home countries don't have insurance, and they don't get here. High % don't have DL also.
Yanko style side strips,BBK Long Tube headers no cats,Maggie 2300,Ported trottle body,58 lb injectors,Pedder's sub frame bushings,QTE cut outs,Corsa Performance Ex., Volant Cold Air Kit,catch can, SLP 20" Red Line Wheels, Raymond's Performance Tune
RAYMOND'S PERFORMANCE BUILT. Plainfield Indiana.
lsaterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:35 PM   #38
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6 IOM
Many states have reckless driving laws that also apply to private property, four damaged cars doesn't seem like a "regular" parking lot accident.
SSeniorMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:44 PM   #39
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
Many states have reckless driving laws that also apply to private property, four damaged cars doesn't seem like a "regular" parking lot accident.
my dad's car was totaled by a drunk driver parked on street in front of his house. since there were criminal charges, he was able to submit any expenses to the court and judge made him pay it.

sounds like this lady should be up on reckless op or something driving that stupid in a parking lot. Don't be surprised if she's claiming she was on the brake and the more she pressed the faster the car went.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:11 PM   #40
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
What the heck is up with your state's minimum coverage only being $10,000?!?!? It's $25,000 in TX and that's really not enough.
If that's the case, it has just changed in the last few years. When I was taken out by a Cage on my Honda ST1300 in 2005 in Katy, he had the minimum... $10k. Didn't cover all my medical expenses...

Just checked...

In Texas, the required car insurance coverages are: Bodily Injury Liability: Minimum legal requirement $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.

Changes started in 2008...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #41
retired mechanic

Drives: 2012 chevy tahoe
Isn"t Kentucky a No Fault State? Like Michigan?
retired mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:07 PM   #42
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsaterz28 View Post
Ins survey last 2 weeks on MSN. said 30% of drivers have no insurance. Some states % is higher or lower. many are non-citizens there home countries don't have insurance, and they don't get here. High % don't have DL also.
Raids Online sends me a report daily of police calls within a 3 mile radius of my home. After observing it for a couple months now I would take a educated estimate that a minimum of 50% of the people determined at fault in an accident either have no insurance or are underinsured. Also approximately 75% of those drivers are driving on revoked or expired licenses.
It kind of shocked me there are so many irresponsible people out there.