Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-28-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
Ark N-II exhaust

I'm looking at getting the Ark N-II exhaust for my RS.

From what I've read on the internet and whatnot, this seems to be the most aggressive exhaust without sounding ricey or farty or whatever you call it.

I've seen the youtube videos of this exhaust and it sounds pretty good.

The only thing I'm worried about is the price. This is definitely the best sounding exhaust I've heard on youtube, but the price is far above most of the other exhausts I've looked at. I just would like to know why it is so expensive and is it worth it.

For those who have the exhaust, how do you like it? Was it worth the price? Is there any bothersome droning?

How drastic of an improvement was it for you?

Prices on the internet are from 1200 to 1400 so I want to make sure I'm making a good decision. There are a couple youtube videos showcasing the exhausts. And I've found no in-depth reviews and not really any kind of other short reviews either.

Just want to make sure I make a good decision! thanks
ben3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
usafboy

Drives: 2010 Silver SS/RS LS3
I've got the DTS and I can tell you I dont regret it at all. Yes it's expensive but that's because it's made of high quality metal and chrome coated. The N-2 could have slight drone due to no resonators but I can't vouch for that. Ik someone that does have that exhaust will chime in and tell you their experience. In the end, it's worth it!

But if you simply can't afford it then you could always go a cheaper route, MRT is very popular, does have drone but a resonated x pipe should get rid of most of it. You can look at the exhaust sticky and listen to all the different types out there and pick the one you want.
Mods...so far: resonator/muffler delete, tinted everything, '13 shift knob/boot, bowtie delete, PFADT sway bars, CAI intake, Hurst short shifter, JBA cat deletes, BMR trailing arms/outer bushings/steering rack bushing, Bo White ported TB.
Rhino79 Dyno tuned...405 HP/399 TQ
usafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
I don't have either exhaust, but am looking at an ARK exhaust. In case they don't chime in, I can confirm the DT-S does not have drone, but the N-II will due to the design differences.

DTS-S: www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154362

N-II: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174262

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #4
ben3350

Thanks guys.

I just recently got a little money coming through that will allow me to do some mods, so thats why I'm looking at getting this exhaust.

My budget is around 2 grand. So I can afford the Ark exhaust, but I still have other things I want to do to the car so I don't want to spend it all on the exhaust. I also want to upgrade the sound system and get a nice CAI.

I'm tempted to get a cheaper exhaust such as the MRT but I just love the sound of the n-II.

But its a little hard to tell if the price difference is worth the sound difference. I've never made such a large purchase decision over a couple of youtube videos.

But please if you own an ark exhaust, let me know what you think!

Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Take a look at the solo Mach, great sound, no drone and it will save you some money. I have compared side by side to my friends ark system and you can't tell the difference except for solo has no drone.
Both are great quality products but I went with solo based on price and adjustability of j-pipes wich can help in future exhaust mods like hi flow cats !
Old 12-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
usafboy

Sixjak went from Solo to ARK so you can PM him on how he likes the difference
Mods...so far: resonator/muffler delete, tinted everything, '13 shift knob/boot, bowtie delete, PFADT sway bars, CAI intake, Hurst short shifter, JBA cat deletes, BMR trailing arms/outer bushings/steering rack bushing, Bo White ported TB.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #7
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post
I'm looking at getting the Ark N-II exhaust for my RS.

From what I've read on the internet and whatnot, this seems to be the most aggressive exhaust without sounding ricey or farty or whatever you call it.

I've seen the youtube videos of this exhaust and it sounds pretty good.

The only thing I'm worried about is the price. This is definitely the best sounding exhaust I've heard on youtube, but the price is far above most of the other exhausts I've looked at. I just would like to know why it is so expensive and is it worth it.

For those who have the exhaust, how do you like it? Was it worth the price? Is there any bothersome droning?

How drastic of an improvement was it for you?

Prices on the internet are from 1200 to 1400 so I want to make sure I'm making a good decision. There are a couple youtube videos showcasing the exhausts. And I've found no in-depth reviews and not really any kind of other short reviews either.

Just want to make sure I make a good decision! thanks

Whatever you get, get the Magnaflow res. x-pipe to go with it.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
Twonz360

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
I have this exhaust and I have no regrets. its amazing and the drone is not bad. the quality alone is worth the money.

sent from my BellSouth house phone

Mods:

Performance
Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMax CNC Ported Throttle Body, CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake, ARK N2 Catback Exhaust, Trifecta Tune, RX Ported Intake Manifold (Custom Paint Job), MACE 25mm Insulator, ARH Long Tube Hedders,
Misc.
Magnetic Oil Drain Plug, Royal Purple Oil, LED DRL's, Blacked Out Bow ties, Sound Deadening In Trunk, LED Interior & Trunk, AAC LED Side Markers
Coming Soon...
SS Rear Diffuser, JDP Motorsports RS Color Changing Halo Package, SS Front Bumper..... Cams.:slice: "I'm Killin' em"

Last edited by Twonz360; 01-01-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Twonz360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #9
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Definitely worth the cost. Had it on my 6 and now on my 8. Quality is superb...polished stainless steel, not chrome. The N-II is more aggressive and has some slight drone, but its not terrible. Does make phone conversations difficult due to the awesomeness of the sound. There are quiet a few posts on this exhaust, refine your search and you'll find more videos and reviews. I say go for it, you'll be happy you did.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #10
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Get the N-ii the pipes are 2.75 which is bigger then the dts system. It is full stainless steel so it will not rust in water or harsh road conditions like many other exhausts. The sound is definately worth it, especially if you have a manuel trans. I say go for it!
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #11
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapisok View Post
Definitely worth the cost. Had it on my 6 and now on my 8. Quality is superb...polished stainless steel, not chrome. The N-II is more aggressive and has some slight drone, but its not terrible. Does make phone conversations difficult due to the awesomeness of the sound. There are quiet a few posts on this exhaust, refine your search and you'll find more videos and reviews. I say go for it, you'll be happy you did.
Should us V6'ers get the ARK DTS or the N2 then? (with long tubes)
I am either gonna create a custom cat back or go with one of these.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #12
usafboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
Should us V6'ers get the ARK DTS or the N2 then? (with long tubes)
I am either gonna create a custom cat back or go with one of these.
If your going to get headers then i would get the DTS since it has resonators to help tame the rasp and crazy noise the headers will cause
Old 01-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #13
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafboy View Post
If your going to get headers then i would get the DTS since it has resonators to help tame the rasp and crazy noise the headers will cause

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #14
ben3350

is it as loud as the n-II though?