Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
WHY I WILL NOT SHIP WITH FEDEX AGAIN! Warning... Opinionated Rant...

FedEx destroyed my shipment that an authorized shipping location packed for me (which I payed them to do) and then denied my claim saying it's not their fault it was not packaged properly. They destroyed the IMA battery that I shipped which was worth $2500.00 and then told me tough luck it's not their problem even though I payed for it to be covered up to $2500.00. Oh it isn't? So your authorized shipping location packed it and then a third party picked up the ...package and threw it around and then you picked it up and dropped it multiple times crushing the box on multiple sides which more packing wouldn't have helped and it's not your fault? Yea ok. This isn't over FedEx... If I stole 2500 dollars from you I'd be in jail. DO NOT use FedEx unless you wan't to deal with the WORST customer service you can imagine. I worked in retail for years and I'd never treat the rudest customer the way I have been treated by FedEx. And no... I'm not a rude customer... Maybe I'm too nice but I've learned being rude gets you nowhere.

Anyone else have any issues with Fedex or other shipping companies? Share your story.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6

Last edited by Childs Play; 01-24-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
I've had various issues with FedEx, from shipments disappearing to them coming damaged like this one.

Do you have pictures of the damage? You should take pictures for sure, you have a suit on your hand, I would get to it.

Is the battery physically damaged?

I ALWAYS ship UPS for things that are important to me or the buyer. Also, I use USPS with tracking (always get tracking or they lose stuff) for little things that I'm not as worried about.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
UPS isn't any better..

these authorized centers are franchanised, not owned or operated by FedEx or UPS, so the FedEx will push the responsibility off onto the center.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
trewyn15

UPS gets the FBI involved if any packages are lost and cannot be found within their company.

UPS is 200x better than FedEx at least... maybe 100x better than USPS. lol
Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
Childs Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
I've had various issues with FedEx, from shipments disappearing to them coming damaged like this one.

Do you have pictures of the damage? You should take pictures for sure, you have a suit on your hand, I would get to it.

Is the battery physically damaged?

I ALWAYS ship UPS for things that are important to me or the buyer. Also, I use USPS with tracking (always get tracking or they lose stuff) for little things that I'm not as worried about.
I have pictures of the battery damaged and parts that are broken off of it, reciepts and proof of how much a new one costs. I have already submitted it all to them and they sent someone out there to look at the package. They told me it wasn't packaged properly so they couldn't cover it even though I payed an authorized shipper to pack it properly which I get they technically dont own them but THEY destroyed it by throwing it around...

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
trewyn15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
I have pictures of the battery damaged and parts that are broken off of it, reciepts and proof of how much a new one costs. I have already submitted it all to them and they sent someone out there to look at the package. They told me it wasn't packaged properly so they couldn't cover it even though I payed an authorized shipper to pack it properly which I get they technically dont own them but THEY destroyed it by throwing it around...
You can go after the authorized shipper and the FedEx facilities.

One, the shipper supposedly didn't package it correctly, which they probably did anyways.

Second, FedEx is taking possession of your property for a short amount of time, they are required to take care of it.

I would go to the shipper and have them try to take care of it and if they don't I would take them to Small Claims.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
I'm a ups driver and I got a lot of questions about all your statements. First off why would you not pack it properly. Also I know from grabbing boxes that some people feel that throwing a lets say battery in a cardboard box with peanuts is gonna stop from shifting. Wrong. And if you don't understand put a bowling ball in a cardboard box and thn put some peanuts unit. Ain't gonna help. Second who is the third party you keep referencing. Once in the ups system your in. No third party and from all the fed x guys I know ( yes we are friends) they tell me same thing so curious about that. Also how did you ship a battery. There are hi regulations in shipping certain kinds of batteries and how they must be documented. If you think any package faucility handles every package like its your fine china wake up. Millions of parcels a day to through these systems. So agin more then just a rant about you wanting 2500$. And let me add if you think ( and by NO means am I saying you) people don't try to scam the systems with false claims and working with the person receiving it to get money from large shipping company's again wake up. I feel your leaving out a lot of facts.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
How many people you think stick damage items in a box insure it then have the receiver call them say its damage then they try and collect from shipping company when initial item was damaged in the first place. Where are the pictures. Who cares about receipts of what a new one cost. Where is the guy who got it. He isn't on here complaining. And answer to the franchise comment. Yes ups stores and fed x stores are franchised out. But just like every franchise they still have to meet the same quality standards as the company on there store front. So ups picks up every day from the ups store not a third part. Same with Fedx. Still waiting to here about this. So instead of coming on here and bashing company's and people that service most of everyone in here who orders parts show us some facts. How about at the end of your statement you said share you positive story. Nope you wanted to hear all the negatives. Well I'm sorry you have had a issue with Fedx but don't generalize things. Not a good idea and I am sure you wouldn't wanna be generalized in statements that don't reflect how you carry out your job.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
Childs Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
I'm a ups driver and I got a lot of questions about all your statements. First off why would you not pack it properly. Also I know from grabbing boxes that some people feel that throwing a lets say battery in a cardboard box with peanuts is gonna stop from shifting. Wrong. And if you don't understand put a bowling ball in a cardboard box and thn put some peanuts unit. Ain't gonna help. Second who is the third party you keep referencing. Once in the ups system your in. No third party and from all the fed x guys I know ( yes we are friends) they tell me same thing so curious about that. Also how did you ship a battery. There are hi regulations in shipping certain kinds of batteries and how they must be documented. If you think any package faucility handles every package like its your fine china wake up. Millions of parcels a day to through these systems. So agin more then just a rant about you wanting 2500$. And let me add if you think ( and by NO means am I saying you) people don't try to scam the systems with false claims and working with the person receiving it to get money from large shipping company's again wake up. I feel your leaving out a lot of facts.
Well. Let me clear that up for you. I shipped it though an authorized shipping company. My battery was under warranty and I was sending it in to be fixed. I brought it to a shipping place (Postal Experts in Katy TX.) to be packaged properly. I didn't package it. I PAYED THE SHIPPING COMPANY to package it. I also have proof of this. So lets say it's their fault then that it wasn't packaged properly. Ok well then that changes a few things but on with the story... I do have pictures actually of how it arrived. The FedEX driver even noted that it was crushed on his paper. I could post the one about what the box looked like when it arrived at the dealership. I have documents showing that I've been having an issue with this battery from honda as well. I'm not in it for a scam... Although saying that doesn't really prove much does it. And lets be serious, if you throw a package around because you're in a hurry and it breaks it's your fault. Not mine. I have pictures of this box crushed. I have proof that I mailed it through an authorized shipping company. They told me that FedEx doesn't pick up the packages and some third party does. I'm going off what they told me and maybe the shipping place is covering their ass (probably). I also have proof that the battery is worth the amount I claimed. When I shipped it I told them exactly what it was. Look I know you have to deal with idiots all day driving around in your truck and probably think I'm just another jerk off... I'm not... I just want it fixed and have tried to be nice... It's just stressing me out and I'm getting annoyed after dealing with this for almost a month. I know people that have worked with UPS that say yea they just throw stuff around and if they hear a shatter they just laugh about it. Mind you those were guys in highschool and maybe not what you deal with all day but it does exist whether you want to admit it or not. I'm sure people try to scam them all the time by shipping something that isn't worth crap that is already broke. And when I called them they told me they had to talk to the place that I shipped it from. He called them and they said they couldn't talk to him and had to talk to me... I just want this dealt with without all the runaround...

Also, the dealership I sent it to to be repaired isn't on here complaining because they arent the ones out 2500 dollars... And they sell honda insights. I honestly don't have a positive story about FedEx. Now for UPS I do. I've shipped through them multiple times with stuff I've sold and never had an issue so far with a box being crushed.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Old 01-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I use both companies in my business and have very few problems with them. If you want real shipping problems use a common carrier. I mainly try to use UPS because FedX supports toyota. LOL Not really, mainly because I usually get UPS earlier in the day.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #11
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
I manage FedEx as a service provider for my company. We do millions of dollars in business with them every year. While we do have our occassional issues, they are mostly reliable. However, they do have a significant lacking in investigational support and issue resolution.

You need to clarify somethings:

How large was this battery? Did it ship via a FedEx freight service? FedEx freight is a contracted service, so in a sense, they do a lot of "3rd party" logisitics even within their own network.

Who insured this? The packer, or did they file insurance through FedEx. This is an important part.

What documentation do you have from the packer or FedEx about the damage? Not just hearsay and "this guy told me" BS. Actual documentation. Does the tracking number denote damage?

I understand your frusturation, but you need to be realistic and understand millions and millions of items flow through the FedEx and UPS networks each year. Their facilities are mostly automated. Giant warehouse-looking places with belt driven- machines that scan and allocate your package to a certain area. This has reduced human handling and reduced damage. Occassionally things happen, screaming "DON'T USE FEDEX" is ignorant. It's like saying, "DON'T BUY A CHEVY" just because you had problems with your vehicle.

If you want a guarantee something will never be damaged in transit: A. Drive it to the destination yourself or B. Hire a private courier service with a serious level of insurance liability. Both are expensive and mostly unrealistic options.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #12
trewyn15

DHL FTW!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #13
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
DHL FTW!
Their network in the US is mostly useless. They do have a significant global foothold, but I wouldn't recommend them here.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
trewyn15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Their network in the US is mostly useless. They do have a significant global foothold, but I wouldn't recommend them here.
I was being sarcastic lol they're almost as bad as FedEx.. Little better than FedEx, not as good as USPS.