Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
RaiderSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 DeadBLK
L99 Full Suspension rebuild

Thanks to BMR and Pedders I have replaced all the factory suspension and rubber with polyurethane and racing parts. Even the motor mounts have been upgraded.... Only things left are the trans mount which does not have an after market solution and the exhaust isolator hangers but I just ordered those in poly (red of course). I want a strut tower brace but won't install until I pick whipple or pro-charger due to the possible clearance issues.

After the suspension overhaul the brakes were upgraded to CTS-Vs with SS lines and the drive train got gears, DSS drive shaft and 10.75" rear wheels to hold 315 Invos. Also basic weight reduction was done but not so much the wife would be uncomfortable on her Friday drive to work LOL

The car is built to handle and corner with porches unfortunately I can't accelerate like the Porches I race regularly until I get some boost. The handling has been dialed for consistency during aggressive maneuvering I pass faster cars REGULARLY because I know how to get the most from the power I have. These cars leave a lot on the table with weight, comforts, and tuning constraints. My goal was to eliminate those issues before adding power and the results are surprising.

The ride is much more firm but not at all teeth rattling and the cornering and braking are now night and day from stock but that took a few alignments and tire combos to get rite. Some noticeable road vibration but that's parts of the muscle car feel that takes me back to my 71chevelle. I wouldn't recommend half these mods to a daily driver or some one who doesn't push the car to the extent of their personal capability but if your a track enthusiast or the Camaro is your weekend street fighter then suspension, braking and drive train will net you just as much performance as a full bolt on car.... What good is 500-600HP if you can't get it to the pavement?
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Looks amazing. Congrats good job
Old 11-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
OH BEBE!!! That is so sweet!!! Welcome to the Club.

One suggestion, if you have not already bought them, go with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. As someone who has had both, the SS' are much better.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
impressive! pedders coil overs are the way I'm going to go. Must handle great! did you do the pfadt motor mounts?
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
That's a lot of red! Any plans to upgrade to the FE4 style bars and BMR's new lower control arms?

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #6
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I see you are in Atlanta, where are you tracking you car?

I run up at Road Atlanta with Chin Motorsports.

We have a fairly active club (ACE5), so check out our forum in the Southeast Region under Atlanta Club Lounge.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
That's a beautiful sight right there!
Old 11-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #8
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Damn you've raced a Porch? All I do on mine is drink beers
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:45 AM   #9
RaiderSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
OH BEBE!!! That is so sweet!!! Welcome to the Club.

One suggestion, if you have not already bought them, go with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. As someone who has had both, the SS' are much better.

T.
I originally wanted those but found the 315 Invos new for $240 per tire and couldn't pass it up....
Old 12-01-2013, 04:56 AM   #10
RaiderSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro500 View Post
impressive! pedders coil overs are the way I'm going to go. Must handle great! did you do the pfadt motor mounts?
Prothane motor mounts.... I was hoping that since they were shorter it would allow more clearance for a Hi-Ram intake under the ram hood but I don't think it will work without cutting the cowl and wipers. Once they settled in there was only a slight increase in engine vibration through the car tho far less than you would think and for this setup it's fine.
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #11
RaiderSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
That's a lot of red! Any plans to upgrade to the FE4 style bars and BMR's new lower control arms?

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
I have little to no body roll with the coils, cradle bushings and all the spherical joints.... I don't believe I would gain any performance value but if it's lighter in total weight to go FE4 that would be interesting. I'll call Kyle and see.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:16 AM   #12
RaiderSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
I see you are in Atlanta, where are you tracking you car?

I run up at Road Atlanta with Chin Motorsports.

We have a fairly active club (ACE5), so check out our forum in the Southeast Region under Atlanta Club Lounge.
Yeah my big homey Hawk and I met a few of you guys at caff and octane earlier this year, cool group of diverse guys...
I normally ride with the power pack because they have such an assortment of very fast cars (Porche Turbos, Vipers, big block old schools and built stangs/LS's) and plenty of jokes for the slowest one leaving LOL. I was hoping to go today but I have a newborn son requiring all my time and money at the moment!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #13
Mwalterhouse

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Looks awesome, nice job.
Mwalterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #14
47AJV8

Drives: A White Car
Wow that looks awesome!