Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 03-03-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
Camaro10LT

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic 1LT Camaro
70k miles. What should be done...

Hey ladies and gentlemen, my Camaro is creeping up on 70k miles. I do oil changes roughly every 3500-5000 miles. Full synthetic and ill also use one of those fuel system cleaners that you pour into the gas. But ive seen people say that other things should be changed. Ive checked the manual and everything seems fine but maybe you all could give me some reccomendations as to what you would do/reccomend. The brakes were already done, intake cleaned etc. im talking more along the lines of brake fluid and things like that. Should i change all the fluids or leave everything? It was inspected january of this year. Ive seen people on here say theyve already changed brake fluids and fuel lines and im just trying to get an idea of whats best to keep thr car running for life. Thanks everyone.

Also need spark plugs, whats best and why?

Current Mods: K&N Air Charger Cold Air Intake, PaceSetter Long Tube Performance Headers, Flowmaster American Thunder Axle Back Exhaust, 20% Tints.

Future Mods: HP Tune, Magnaflow Performance Cat Back Exhaust, Painted Stripes, 10% Tints.
Camaro10LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #2
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
First, celebrate all the good memories and look forward to another 70k miles worth to come.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:54 PM   #3
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
have you replaced all the fluids yet. if not there all very long over due. plugs wires might help. 100,000 is the interval but some have seen improvements buy replacing with same oem wires and plug at 70k.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:23 AM   #4
Dimitrim
Dimitri

Drives: 68 GTO 455 Ram Air; 2014 Camaro ZL1
Replace power steering fluid.
Dimitrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:38 AM   #5
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Spark plugs (the OEM ones are good), cabin filter, I replaced my struts with coilovers.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #6
Camaro10LT

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic 1LT Camaro
I havent changed any fluids except for oil. So power steering fluid the cabin air filter and spark plugs should all be done. what brand spark plugs you all recommend? Any better than others? Or they all pretty much the same?

Current Mods: K&N Air Charger Cold Air Intake, PaceSetter Long Tube Performance Headers, Flowmaster American Thunder Axle Back Exhaust, 20% Tints.

Future Mods: HP Tune, Magnaflow Performance Cat Back Exhaust, Painted Stripes, 10% Tints.
Camaro10LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #7
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
along with the rear differential only use OEM AC Delco. your ignition requires the plugs and wires to be within a certain resistance. Aftermarket do not have the same specs so they will work on many vehicles.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #8
Dimitrim
Dimitri

Drives: 68 GTO 455 Ram Air; 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro10LT View Post
I havent changed any fluids except for oil. So power steering fluid the cabin air filter and spark plugs should all be done. what brand spark plugs you all recommend? Any better than others? Or they all pretty much the same?
You should read your owners manual.
Dimitrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #9
jmelchio
SSmokinJoe

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS/RS M6
I just had my 75,000 mile service done. They recommend changing rear-diff fluid and cleaning fuel injectors, in addition to oil change.
SLP Loudmouth II Axleback
Hurst Shifter
R1Concepts Slotted Rotors
Hawk Ceramic Brakepads

I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.
jmelchio is offline   Reply With Quote