Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #309
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
Is it smaller than the oem steering wheel?

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #310
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyk-NO View Post
Is it smaller than the oem steering wheel?
It's the OEM steering wheel reshaped, so same size.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #311
RayTheRat
Goofy old fart,salt racer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS: making progress!
Continued awesomeness!!! Keep up the good work and you'll be on the covers of several magazines....and who knows what else!

Btw...and this is a short but blatant self-promotion: The Target 550 streamliner (http://target550.com/index.html - I'm but a small portion of that team) will be more or less the centerpiece of the Grand National Roadster show in Pomona, January 24-26 at the Fairplex near the NHRA museum. Hope to see some of ya there. If all the stars line up I'll be there with my 2010 2SSRS. Not IN the show but a good opportunity to drive it from cold, miserable northern Utah weather to nice warm SoCal.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #312
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Hey guys here are a few pics on the new Forge-line and Toyos. 305 look sick in the front.

Name:  007.jpg
Views: 5091
Size:  104.7 KB

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 5504
Size:  114.2 KB

Name:  010.jpg
Views: 4584
Size:  72.1 KB
Old 11-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #313
thirdgenlsx

Drives: 2012 2ls
Phat and sticky awesome
Old 11-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #314
Moreno1

Couple more

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 5355
Size:  117.3 KB

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 2810
Size:  114.2 KB
Old 11-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #315
nl12

Drives: Unicycle
Are you going to run a tubular rear cradle? Those wheels and tires look awesome.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #316
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
This car is starting to look like a 350 000$ european car in terms of materials and craftsmanship. The brakes, wheels, suspension, interior…. INSANE! It is the most badass Camaro out there. I doubt anybody can top this car. EVER.
You better start your own business, because this type of craftsmanship and tasteful work will have you booked forever.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #317
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Hey guys here are a few pics on the new Forge-line and Toyos. 305 look sick in the front.

Attachment 570959

Attachment 570960

Attachment 570961
That second pic is absolutely amazing - really shows off how big (and awesome) the rotors are.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:38 AM   #318
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
This is the only build I've ever seen where "awesome" is normal for everything on it. That steering wheel is hands-down the best looking I've seen for a Camaro so far. The tire/wheel/brake combo looks just drooltastic.

NATHAN AND JUSTIN, you two INSURE THIS THING TO THE LAST NUT AND BOLT. Do it now if you haven't already because this thing is going to absolutely bury the automotive-lust "I want it so bad I can taste it" meter which means it might very well become a target for thieves. I don't know if you two fully realize what you're putting together here. This goes way beyond a race car build. It goes way beyond a hot rod build. It goes way beyond anything I've ever seen build, and I've been an automotive fan for over half a century.

Insure it; photograph and document this whole project... PLEASE. Write down or record everything you can remember about how this started, what happened when and how, who did what, etc. This is going to become a legend in automotive magazines, books and Camaro history.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 11-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #319
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Sorry to hear u missed sema. Car looks awesome, especially the brakes. Not sure why you went with older style shifter, not really good for tracking from ergo point. I do like the wheel.

I love the suspension but have to say the wheels turned me completely off. You have huge tires and you will pull some g's, why then flat flange hub, it will flex more, no, it doesnt look like there is much triangulation? could hurt camber due to flex or cause some cracking after decent track time.

God, I cant stop looking at the brakes, u weigh them yet? Whats for brake cooling and are u protecting knuckle bushings with shields?

Last edited by Mgizzle; 11-02-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #320
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Theres a center cap for the wheels correct?
Old 11-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #321
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl12 View Post
Are you going to run a tubular rear cradle? Those wheels and tires look awesome.
We are holding out for Extreme Innovations tubular rear cradle. A tubular should shed a good 40 lbs.

For the time being we have detailed out the stock rear sub, and will be using that. some pics on pg 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro500 View Post
This car is starting to look like a 350 000$ european car in terms of materials and craftsmanship. The brakes, wheels, suspension, interior…. INSANE! It is the most badass Camaro out there. I doubt anybody can top this car. EVER.
You better start your own business, because this type of craftsmanship and tasteful work will have you booked forever.
Man that is a hell of a compliment, thanks! We are both college students with engineering majors. This is our passion and something we are not looking to give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
That second pic is absolutely amazing - really shows off how big (and awesome) the rotors are.
Probably my favorite feature of this wheel is how "airy" they are. You can see every bit of the brake rotors and calipers. Really adds to that mechanical look we are going for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
This is the only build I've ever seen where "awesome" is normal for everything on it. That steering wheel is hands-down the best looking I've seen for a Camaro so far. The tire/wheel/brake combo looks just drooltastic.

NATHAN AND JUSTIN, you two INSURE THIS THING TO THE LAST NUT AND BOLT. Do it now if you haven't already because this thing is going to absolutely bury the automotive-lust "I want it so bad I can taste it" meter which means it might very well become a target for thieves. I don't know if you two fully realize what you're putting together here. This goes way beyond a race car build. It goes way beyond a hot rod build. It goes way beyond anything I've ever seen build, and I've been an automotive fan for over half a century.

Insure it; photograph and document this whole project... PLEASE. Write down or record everything you can remember about how this started, what happened when and how, who did what, etc. This is going to become a legend in automotive magazines, books and Camaro history.
Doc, that is another hell of a compliment! We are doing our best with photos. That is a good call on the insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Sorry to hear u missed sema. Car looks awesome, especially the brakes. Not sure why you went with older style shifter, not really good for tracking from ergo point. I do like the wheel.

I love the suspension but have to say the wheels turned me completely off. You have huge tires and you will pull some g's, why then flat flange hub, it will flex more, no, it doesnt look like there is much triangulation? could hurt camber due to flex or cause some cracking after decent track time.
That is a legitimate concern on the wheels, but let me assure you, these are built for racing. They are forgeline's most purpose built and lightest wheel. It has been used on several extreme track cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
God, I cant stop looking at the brakes, u weigh them yet? Whats for brake cooling and are u protecting knuckle bushings with shields?
I weighed the brakes before I installed them. Should have taken a picture... I was surprised that they were just under 10 lbs with pads! Racing brake advertises there WIP 6 piston at 11.9 lbs and the cts-V 6 piston is 12.8 lbs for comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Theres a center cap for the wheels correct?
Nope. Stay tuned for the finished look. Some may not like the centercap-less look, but that was one of the contributing factors to our choice for this wheel. As stiff, as airy, as light, as mechanical as possible.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #322
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
We are holding out for Extreme Innovations tubular rear cradle. A tubular should shed a good 40 lbs.
You might want to talk to BMR. They are working on front and rear cradles as well.

Closed Thread