Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #57
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
For now, we are keeping the fuel rails on top of the runners, but the runners also have room for additional fuel rails under the plenums. This would be perfect to run direct port nitrous!!!! but i wont be doing that.........Ideally, I would like to install a fuel cell and run C16, and plumb lines into fuel rails that would be hidden under the plenums, and have 2 different tunes ready to go on the fly! Not sure when I'll be able to do something like this, but theres an idea!

I'll have the final install pics posted later tonight!
Dual fuel systems would be awesome. but you could incorporate both fuels in with one tune where it only kicks in when needed... aka when you turn up the boost.

Quote:
Here we go! Pictures of the Ozmo intake installed!

Not to nitpick...

but please tell me you are going to do something about the excess fuel line you have for the in line fuel filter. everything else has a nice clean look to it, then there's this huge length of fuel line that routes down and back to get to the rails.

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #58
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
Quote:
nira circuit? really? car actually runs unlike some cars.....
it's a f&f reference, just for humor.
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #59
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
Dual fuel systems would be awesome. but you could incorporate both fuels in with one tune where it only kicks in when needed... aka when you turn up the boost.

Not to nitpick...

but please tell me you are going to do something about the excess fuel line you have for the in line fuel filter. everything else has a nice clean look to it, then there's this huge length of fuel line that routes down and back to get to the rails.

About the fuel lines, are you talking about the lines from the back of the rails that go to the regulator on the left? or the ones on the front that go under the TB? Any recommendations? I'm getting ready to redo my fuel lines in like an hour!

Got quite a few things planned for cleaning up the engine bay....

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #60
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
About the fuel lines, are you talking about the lines from the back of the rails that go to the regulator on the left? or the ones on the front that go under the TB? Any recommendations? I'm getting ready to redo my fuel lines in like an hour!

Got quite a few things planned for cleaning up the engine bay....
wish I would have checked back on here after I left work.

Here's the lines I was talking about. should be able to shorten the main line going under the TB, take out one (or 2) of the elbows in the system and run a shorter length to help clean everything up a little more.

Other than that, I won't comment on your build unless you really want me to. and if you want to know why, PM Steiger and ask him about his car and I at the fest...lol
Attached Images

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #61
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
yeah pyro i dont like them fuel lines bro...camarospike i think has a point here. But your the man...i am loving the intake...too bad I aint rich like you.lol
camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #62
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:

Here's the lines I was talking about. should be able to shorten the main line going under the TB, take out one (or 2) of the elbows in the system and run a shorter length to help clean everything up a little more.

Other than that, I won't comment on your build unless you really want me to. and if you want to know why, PM Steiger and ask him about his car and I at the fest...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarostar2010 View Post
yeah pyro i dont like them fuel lines bro...camarospike i think has a point here. But your the man...i am loving the intake...too bad I aint rich like you.lol
So I've been looking at it ALL DAY! I can't figure out how to route it a different way! Any ideas? I need to do it Friday at the latest....

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
Old 09-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #63
kencam

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Maggie Rally Yellow
Beautiful engineering!! I especially like the throttle body Y pipe.

I notice you don't have a balance pipe between the two plenums.
kencam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #64
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencam View Post
Beautiful engineering!! I especially like the throttle body Y pipe.

I notice you don't have a balance pipe between the two plenums.
I'm not familiar with that; care to elaborate? Purpose of it?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #65
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

Not to nitpick...

Quote:

I suggested the same thing last year.

Hear is what I came up with for redoing the fuel lines to look a little nicer. I did a really quick photoshop.

SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #66
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
I suggested the same thing last year.

Hear is what I came up with for redoing the fuel lines to look a little nicer. I did a really quick photoshop.

I sorta wanna keep the tee adapter for feeding the fuel lines, but am considering doing this at the rear of the fuel rails, then adding one more adapter right before the regulator. I was told that I could starve one side by doing what you are suggesting; have you heard this? I think it's more of a safety issue?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #67
kencam

It is a pipe/hose that connects separate plenums together.

Quote:
I'm not familiar with that; care to elaborate? Purpose of it?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #68
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencam View Post
It is a pipe/hose that connects separate plenums together.
nothing like that on this manifold. There is a popoff valve on only the passenger side plenum though.....hmmmmm. I think I'll shoot the designer an email and find out! great question!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #69
kencam

It works the same way (I think) as the H or X pipe in the exhaust.

Quote:
nothing like that on this manifold. There is a popoff valve on only the passenger side plenum though.....hmmmmm. I think I'll shoot the designer an email and find out! great question!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #70
pouncer72
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to pouncer72
Quote:

Not to nitpick...

I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of a filter after one of the rails. Blows my mind.
pouncer72 is offline   Reply With Quote