Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-22-2015, 11:45 PM   #43
mactube

Drives: 2015 Camaro Convertible
... AC was alway on by the way ..
mactube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:41 AM   #44
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactube View Post
.. checking back in .. I'm glad the threat got so success full .. obviously mpgs are still and always an economical issue..
@DreamDiesel420 I feel you though !

Accouding to my recent measurements / resets . It all depends on when you reset!? ( Check out me pics ..
Looks like they are the longer you kept the it in the same setting , the lower the mpg number goes down ( even with the same driving style ) So it might be more accurate to go olschool .. fill up , track the actual miles driven , fill back up and divide the gallons by you miles .. that way you get an accurate number . How does the mpg gauge measure the mpgs ? Is it connected to the rpm gauge ? Injection system ????

@seven your kit looks super nice .. where did you get that ? Do you have more pictures ?

I have found after 80K miles that the computer is very accurate with MPG. I have recorded every fill up on paper, transfered t oa spreadsheet, and each time it is with 1 MPG of what the DIC is telling me I was getting.

I believe it computes it the same way old school does, it knows how much fuel is left, how far you have driven, easy to put an equation together for those numbers.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:19 AM   #45
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactube View Post
According to the Chevrolet Website the V6 Camero should get you up to 30 mpg on average... but even with very moderate driving style I only get 17 mpg s .. ( according to computer gage )
is that normal ?
I get 18-19. You'll find a lot of V6 people getting this.

The key problem is "very moderate".

This engine's mpg vary's greatly based on driving. If you go 60 mph on the highway, you'll get 28-30. If you drive easy on the street for a while, you COULD get 20 or so. Any romping or variation of easy driving will always take that down.

Then I see the V8 folks getting an average of 19 or 20 and I just say "rats".
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote