Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 05-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Looking for someone to help me install Amber Halos

I am getting ready to order some Amber Halos for my headligts and fog lights..was hoping someone in the San Antonio/lackland AFB might be out there who can help me do this... There could be a great meal and some beer in it for you... And I'm willing to compensate for your time. Anyone!? Your help would be SOOO appreciated! Or atleast the name of a garage that knows how to install these beauties!

Thanks guys!
Steph

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
PWND

Drives: 2SS RS M6 Autobot
Send a message via ICQ to PWND Send a message via AIM to PWND
Not that I can do it.. but I am having my colored halos installed today... but it i am getting them installed up in fortworth. I think there is a place in Austin that installs them but I don't have a name/location for you yet... if I find out ill let you know.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:43 AM   #3
PWND

Also... there was a guy who showed up to Fridays a week or so ago who installed his dual halos himself. Dunno his name but I'm pretty sure he is in San Antonio. ..
Old 05-09-2010, 01:22 AM   #4
Pumpkin1LT

Thnx for the heads up PWND! I want to head out to one of te Friday meets..mayse and can get some inside there. And I'm in Austin quite abit, so that would be a great option for me too! Thanks ALOT!

BTW... Nice ride! I see you have the smoked tints on your rears.. No issues with cops? And does the red still show through when your lights
are on? Getting mine done as soon as they arrive via UPS. Ordered the headlight and FogLight tint, but not sure I want to put them on since I'm
getting the Amber Halos for both.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:24 AM   #5
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
AAC has at least one installer in Austin. Call them and they will give you the information.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #6
Pumpkin1LT

Thnx Shuffler! I'll find out tomorrow! Looks like I'll be taking a ride to Austin!

~Steph

Old 05-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #7
busaboy

Drives: Black RS/SS M6
I would be happy to help but I'm in Georgetown. If you can't get anything else going let me know.
busaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #8
CaptainCoryOfTheSSCamaro
The Captain

Drives: 1979 RS 3 tone, 2010 2SS Orange
I had my bumper off and headlights out but my friends and I decided it would be best if a professional did my lights, but if you do get yours done in Austin then please let me know where, cause I would love to get my halos done by June.
CaptainCoryOfTheSSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #9
Pumpkin1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by busaboy View Post
I would be happy to help but I'm in Georgetown. If you can't get anything else going let me know.
Thanks Busaboy! I'll keep you in mind..

Old 05-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #10
Pumpkin1LT

Cory, I'll let you know where it is.. If you want yours by July, you may have them
before me. I will call around tomorrow and find out where the shop is and shoot you a MSG with whatever info I have.

~steph

Old 05-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #11
CaptainCoryOfTheSSCamaro
The Captain

Drives: 1979 RS 3 tone, 2010 2SS Orange
Alright, sounds good, I've been staring at these halos since december asking them to just be in my car lol
CaptainCoryOfTheSSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:47 AM   #12
PWND

I dropped off Morpheus last night and he should be ready to go by 4pm today... I had my terminator eye surgery done so I figured Morpheus should have his too... he got the multi-color/shift halos for headlights and fogs... footwell lighting... and the smd afterburners...

yall can always come up to Fort Worth and get this guy to install them for ya like I did... it only took me about 3... 3 1/2 hours to get here from S.A... just took 281N almost all the way to F.W... nice drive... no traffic... and a new set of peepers for my ride... that is... if the Austin place doesnt work out for ya...

"Mecha" is the AAC guy up in Fort Worth... he is on the boards here if you wanna look him up...
Old 05-10-2010, 02:57 AM   #13
PWND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin1LT View Post
Thnx for the heads up PWND! I want to head out to one of te Friday meets..mayse and can get some inside there. And I'm in Austin quite abit, so that would be a great option for me too! Thanks ALOT!

BTW... Nice ride! I see you have the smoked tints on your rears.. No issues with cops? And does the red still show through when your lights
are on? Getting mine done as soon as they arrive via UPS. Ordered the headlight and FogLight tint, but not sure I want to put them on since I'm
getting the Amber Halos for both.

thx... no issues with cops yet... but there is always hope... err... hmm.. thats not right...

tail lights... yes they light up nice and red... but only when they are on... otherwise they are pretty dark... but I dont know how they will look with the afterburners on... I will find out in a few hours though...

I left my headlights just the way they came... as far as the tinting goes... I dont mind the way they look... if I was to tint them... I would probably only use the really light, almost not tinted, tint... but i probably wont...

and the fogs are tinted but I will see how the halos look with the tint and might change it up...
Old 05-10-2010, 05:41 AM   #14
Pumpkin1LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWND View Post
thx... no issues with cops yet... but there is always hope... err... hmm.. thats not right...

tail lights... yes they light up nice and red... but only when they are on... otherwise they are pretty dark... but I dont know how they will look with the afterburners on... I will find out in a few hours though...

I left my headlights just the way they came... as far as the tinting goes... I dont mind the way they look... if I was to tint them... I would probably only use the really light, almost not tinted, tint... but i probably wont...

and the fogs are tinted but I will see how the halos look with the tint and might change it up...
Let me know what the Halos in ur fogs look like .. Don't think I'm gonna put the tints on my headlights even though they are only 30%. Just gonna stick with tinting the signal lights and reflectors. Thanks tho..your advice/input was helpful. Can't seem to locate the AAC installer in Austin, I'll keep searching the web and probably give AAC a call today..