Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #15
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
yellowlightning2009, could you also keep us up on your trip to your dealership? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Thanks for looking out for us!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #16
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
Quote:
yellowlightning2009, could you also keep us up on your trip to your dealership? Thank you.

I never knew you guys were ever looking at us.
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Very much so. Actually this forum generates most of my work. As my avatar information shows I've been here for almost a full year and I've learned a lot in my time here and hopefully I've helped as much. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about your vehicle and things of that nature. Hopefully I'll be able to assist everyone here in some way!

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #18
happycamper

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6 AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX14 View Post
Mine does the exact same thing. Anywhere from 38mph to 45 mph--42mph being the worse-- with slight load on power--let off on the gas and it quits. Feels like your running over small speed bumps. My 93 mercury marque did the exact same thing and it was the torque converter. They would change the fluid and it would stop for awhile but it would always come back. Unacceptable to me for a 30K car. Will be in the shop with tomorrow morning. 1250 miles on my car but has done it since new.
My daughter's Taurus does the exact same thing around 45mph with very light throttle.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #19
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
glad to see i wasnt the only one with this vibration it still kinda does it time to time if it bothers me anymore ill have them check it out again. Btw ill be taking in my car for a hood alignment issue seems like its not flush against the front bumper cover its lower than it should be.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #20
cj7ngolf

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Convert
Smile

Quote:
Very much so. Actually this forum generates most of my work. As my avatar information shows I've been here for almost a full year and I've learned a lot in my time here and hopefully I've helped as much. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about your vehicle and things of that nature. Hopefully I'll be able to assist everyone here in some way!

Jeff Thank you for your interest in the customer! I have not had a problem (knocking on wood) yet, but it makes me proud to be a Camaro owner when a CSR gets on and is generally interested in making sure everyones experience with their stealership is going smooth. I noticed you were being proactive in asking about experiences and not just lurking in the shadows and hiding. Again, KUDOS to you and hopefully I will never need to use your services.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:51 AM   #21
yellowlightning2009

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Ok I will was gonna take her down but it started snowing agin so parked till weather clears up a little shop its 100km away and I need my driverw indow looked at the passenger ones goes up ino the weather stripping and the driver just stays a lil under it i could pry something behind it if i tried
yellowlightning2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #22
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
I am having the exact same problem. My car was just picked up yesterday and has under 200 miles on it. The issue occurs between 1000 - 1200 RPM's and it doesnt matter which gear it is at during the time. I have an Automatic V6.

To replicate the issue it starts at around 43-46 MPH in 6th Gear....this is about the time the transmission is in 6th at the stated RPMs. If you let off of the gas it goes away....if you add more gas it goes away....when you maintain speed at this RPM is gets the vibration or hum. It almost sounds like the Tranny is in too high of a gear for that speed and should actually be in 5th.

I then tried to drop the car to a lower speed of 35-38MPH in 5th gear which would be the same 1000-1200 RPM range. The vibration and sound starts up at this speed and RPM as well.

To diagnose the problem I put the car into Sport mode and paddle shifted up or down depending on the speed to change the RPM's. The vibration and sound went away. I am no mechanic or claim to know anything about the inner workings of the vehicle....but by simple trial and error I can only assume that the reason this is happening is that the transmission is in a higher gear than it should be at that RPM.

What should I do about this problem? Can the dealer change the shift points? Is the transmission bad? Is this something I just need to deal with and get used to?
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #23
kek

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro LS
This also occurs to me on my 2011 V6 Camaro, manual trans. In my case, however, it is usually because I am in too high a gear and downshiftting corrects the issue. It does just appear that the automatics are, as stated, maybe a bit too aggressive with fuel economy and try to get into the highest gear possible too early.

Before my Camaro I owned a 2007 Cobalt (automatic) and I had the same issue as what you're seeing with your Camaro. Never seemed to cause any major problems besides being annoying.
kek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #24
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I actually got an answer from one of our other departments on this type of vibration and it came back as this: it could be wheels / tires, Active Fuel Management mode or aftermarket accessories. All of these variables could plausibly contribute to this type of vibration.

If you don't think any of these could possibly be the reason why you would have this vibration you may want to have the vehicle checked just to make sure. I hope that helps to possibly answer your question on why this happens to you.

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #25
JKBUMBLEBEE
TEAM LLT ! NY5thGEN

Drives: 2011 3.6L V6 328HP Camaro
I don't know if I understand what your saying.. Why would you be in 6th gear going 45-50mph??
JKBUMBLEBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:07 PM   #26
Papa T

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT, 6A, 19" polished
All,
I've experience similar on my 2LT. Not enough to be a bother, but if it does… “Tap”!!
Old 05-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #27
JKBUMBLEBEE
TEAM LLT ! NY5thGEN

Drives: 2011 3.6L V6 328HP Camaro
why would anyone be in 6th gear going 45-50mph?????
JKBUMBLEBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #28
Papa T

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT, 6A, 19" polished
Quote:
I actually got an answer from one of our other departments on this type of vibration and it came back as this: it could be wheels / tires, Active Fuel Management mode or aftermarket accessories. All of these variables could plausibly contribute to this type of vibration.

If you don't think any of these could possibly be the reason why you would have this vibration you may want to have the vehicle checked just to make sure. I hope that helps to possibly answer your question on why this happens to you.

Mmmm

1) I have experience with both my all-season and snow tires.
2) Active fuel management is on the SS V8 Automatic. (this is on V6)
3) And he stated car is all stock.
Unless it is excessive, I think it is just the design of the car.

Tags
vibration v6 low rpm lugging