Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #15
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Updated the controller and timing section.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #16
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
An output from your NOS controller will trigger the LNC2000 to pull timing. May want to check your tune to see if it cuts spark. You can set the LNC2000 below stock limit, it cuts spark. Just in case something malfunctions, it might help. My NA tune is supposed to be changed to cut spark, not fuel. I use the progressive ramp for traction and it's probably easier on the drivetrain.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #17
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
An output from your NOS controller will trigger the LNC2000 to pull timing. May want to check your tune to see if it cuts spark. You can set the LNC2000 below stock limit, it cuts spark. Just in case something malfunctions, it might help. My NA tune is supposed to be changed to cut spark, not fuel. I use the progressive ramp for traction and it's probably easier on the drivetrain.
Yeah I don't want to use the LNC2000 for cutting spark, only timing retard. Cutting spark causes issues with raw fuel collecting in the cats. I have high flow cats on my car still and is why I went with the NOS mini controller. The LNC would be perfect for both applications if my cats were off. But then I'd have to deal with the headache of emissions every other year. I'm going to leave my NA tune just the way it is, then arm the system which will engage the LNC and the NOS controller. They will do the job for the nitrous system functioning properly.

Do you know what ramp rates you are using for lauching? What RPM is your nitrous triggering and once triggered how fast does it come up to full on?

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:24 AM   #18
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
100 shot, 50% start .5 sec. Any more, too much wiggle with stock Pirelli. Still scratchen for some 18s. Reset ramp each gear and no gears locked out. Need to experiment with the progressive build instead of resetting ramp in each gear. 3000-6300 rpm.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #19
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
100 shot, 50% start .5 sec. Any more, too much wiggle with stock Pirelli. Still scratchen for some 18s. Reset ramp each gear and no gears locked out. Need to experiment with the progressive build instead of resetting ramp in each gear. 3000-6300 rpm.
That sounds good although I'll probably cut it at 6700 rpm since my car now has a higher rev limit.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #20
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
nitrous tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
No disrespect Ryan. Yeah I was referring to the LNC2000 for pulling timing and cutting spark. I didn't elaborate much in this paragraph about your products and maybe should have. Also, I should have stated that without cats this system wouldn't be an issue. I wish I didn't have cats because I really like the fact that the LNC interfaces between the ECU and pulls timing when it senses WOT. Right now I am just going to tune for the timing change that is needed, but need to find a way to have either two quickly selectable tunes, or a unit like the LPE. I have HP Tuners to load the tunes but I want something a little easier to load.
not to hijack your thread great writepu btw Im doing the same setup as you but would like to know what would be better a custom n2o tune or to setup the car with the nos mini and the lnc2000 since Im going to use a wet system with a stand alone fuel system . Im hoping some of the gurus will chime in Im also a nwoob to n2o but excited about the 200 or 250 extra ponies
Old 08-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #21
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast6.3 View Post
not to hijack your thread great writepu btw Im doing the same setup as you but would like to know what would be better a custom n2o tune or to setup the car with the nos mini and the lnc2000 since Im going to use a wet system with a stand alone fuel system . Im hoping some of the gurus will chime in Im also a nwoob to n2o but excited about the 200 or 250 extra ponies
You can do the custom N2O tune, but once your dialed in for the Nitrous, your car won't be as responsive because if you're going to be running 200+ HP, you're going to literally have about 8 degrees of timing pulled. You car will run like crap when your system isn't armed. If you have a way to switch between tunes, like with that black box that was mentioned in the thread, that would be ideal.

The NOS Mini and LNC2000 are the way to go I think. That way you don't have to mess with your existing tune. The LNC will pull timing when armed so there is no need to worry about 2 tunes. Your tuner will dial the system in with the LNC2000, then once your dialed in you're good. Turn the sytem off and you'll be back to your NA tune.

One other thing. You'll probably have to go about 3 steps colder on your plugs if you're running 200+ HP.

Did I answer your question or am I off?
Old 08-19-2013, 01:44 AM   #22
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
you got it thats my plan I want my na tune its a dd but I want to turn the n2o on the fly you know when a pesky mustang or something like that meets up in the street I want to arm it and go tks
Old 08-19-2013, 03:22 AM   #23
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast6.3 View Post
you got it thats my plan I want my na tune its a dd but I want to turn the n2o on the fly you know when a pesky mustang or something like that meets up in the street I want to arm it and go tks
Exactly! Although most Mustangs won't beat me on my NA configurartion. A GT500, yeah that would be tough, but with a 200+ shot of nitrous, should be a good match.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #24
Gen5SS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS 6 Spd Manual IOM
How's the build coming?
2010 2SS/RS, 417 stroker, 4.0 Callies crank and rods, JRE pistons w/hellfire nitrous top rings, Kooks 1 7/8 LT, Kooks 3" Exhaust, CAI Intake and Scoop, Cam SullivanGM W/ Hardened PR, Stock Heads. Dual Springs, Mcleod RXT Clutch, Hurst LL W/ Cruise Momentary, GM 3.91 gears, Nitrous Outlet direct port 200 shot, Dedicated Fuel Cell(C16), LNC2000 and NOS Mini controller, BMR suspension w/Bushings, Pfadt Drop, Pfadt Diff Bushings, 1400hp DSS Axles, DSS driveshaft, Solid Engine Mounts, Razzi Body Kit, Speedhut Gauges,T-REX Phantom Grills (Black) 533RWHP/500RWTQ N/A, 724RWHP/816RWTQ 200 Shot
Gen5SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #25
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5SS View Post
How's the build coming?
Started it this Sunday worked through yesterday, Wednesday, and man was I surprised how much stuff there was to do. I kept all the lines internal so i had most of the passenger side panels out, the back seat out, the center console disassembled etc. Got all the wires ran and the hardware installed day one. Day two connecting everything per the diagram that Nitrous Outlet provided. Day three, clean up, test, reassembly of car etc..

Drove the car down to Las Vegas to let Sam at Sullivan Performance take the tuning reigns. I planned on tuning it for the 200 shot. Well Sam started with the 100 shot and brilliantly went through the steps of verifying everything was working as designed. We only had one issue, which was my fault. I missed one ground on the NOS mini controller and it happened to be the ground for the Solenoids. When we'd get the car over the 3000 rpm mark at WOT the solenoids weren't activating. Well the ground being disconnected will certainly make that not happen. So we attached the ground, re-tested and Voila!

Long story short, we stopped at the 150 shot jetting. We were using C16 in the dedicated fuel cell too. So my car went from the low 400's rwhp baseline and just under 400 RWT to 572 RWHP and 608 RWT! It's like a completely different car now. We do have the proper timing numbers for the 200 shot if I decide to do that, which I'm sure I will soon. Just wanted to get used to this massive increase in power before I go full monty. The LNC2000 by Lingenfelter works beautifully for pulling timing at the specified RPM and specified number of degrees. The NOS Mini 2 controller sets up super easy and controls the Solenoids, senses WOT, and ativates the LNC at 3000 RPM and off 200 RPM below the rev limiter.

Tomorrow, weather pending is the last day of the drag season here in Utah. Hoping to get the car out there and get some real world numbers. I'll post time slips if everything works out with the weather.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #26
SixGracing

I was going to do a tutorial with pics but was sent to Okinawa for almost 3 months. I got back with 4 days to build the car, get it tuned and to the track for the last race of the year. So I didn't have the time for the pictures. If anyone has any questions though about the build, I'd be glad to help. The guys at Nitrous Outlet are good too. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #27
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
Greta write-up. I am a total newbie and trying to understand all this. I don't track my car and have no plans for doing so. I am just planning to have some fun on the street.

Is this setup a "progressive" setup that will work on the street similar to the way a supercharger kit would where the power would come gradually (instead of what is expected on the track at WOT)?

Please, forgive me for my lack of knowledge. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #28
SixGracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAMI2SSRS View Post
Greta write-up. I am a total newbie and trying to understand all this. I don't track my car and have no plans for doing so. I am just planning to have some fun on the street.

Is this setup a "progressive" setup that will work on the street similar to the way a supercharger kit would where the power would come gradually (instead of what is expected on the track at WOT)?

Please, forgive me for my lack of knowledge. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Absolutely you can set the controller to come on gradually and at any rpm. I've got mine set to come on at 3000 rpm and WOT. So even armed, if I'm not pushing the pedal down hard I never see the Nitrous kick. But when I do, Oh boy it hits hard! A 100 shot alone makes it a totally different car. You can set it to ramp in steps or time interval. So it's totally programmable to your liking. System works beautifully. I was never much of a nitrous fan but it was mostly because I didn't understand it and heard lots of horror stories. Most of those come from days of old before you could program them and make them safer. Great stuff!