Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 01-20-2015, 01:04 PM   #10039
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
SIR's schedule 2015
http://www.raceswir.com/schedule

January 17, 2015 Test & Tune
Saturday, January 17, 2015

January 24, 2015 Arizona Drag Racing Association with Open Test & Tune
Saturday, January 24, 2015

January 31, 2015 IHRA Summit SuperSeries
Saturday, January 31, 2015

February 06, 2015 IHRA Good Vibrations Motorsports Southwestern Nationals
Friday, February 06, 2015
Saturday, February 07, 2015

February 14, 2015 IHRA Summit SuperSeries
Saturday, February 14, 2015

February 21, 2015 American Dragcar with Open Test & Tune
Saturday, February 21, 2015

February 28, 2015 IHRA Summit SuperSeries
Saturday, February 28, 2015
I went this weekend for the test and tune. It was horrible. I got there about 1115am and left at 330 pm. Only got 2 passes in. I work nights so I stayed up in the morning after work to go. It was a waste of time all we did was sir around. I've been going to sir for a couple of years now and every time I go I think the experience cannot get any worse and it always does. They let the crappiest cars pass tech then they break down. One time I was there on my bike I noticed one of the guys bikes was leaking oil in the staffing lanes. It was a significant amount of oil leaving a trail down the staging lanes. I told him his bike was leaking and he said "It's ok it only does that when it's not running." Then took off down the track. I told the guy running the staging lanes. He said something into his walkie talkie and one of the guys on the starting line started mopping the start line. The staging lane guy turned and looked back at me and shrugged. Then they let the guy keep running. How on earth did he pass tech and why did they let him keep running his bike that was obviously leaking oil?

Sorry to rant but it is just frustrating that they are so disorganized and don't seem to try to fix problems. Half of the people working are really nice and cool to talk to. Then the other half are A holes. If there were another option nearby I'd probably never go to SIR again. Hopefully the new road course that has been in the works for the Tucson area gets built soon and has a dual purpose straight away like Arroyo Seco.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #10040
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar10 View Post
I went this weekend for the test and tune. It was horrible. I got there about 1115am and left at 330 pm. Only got 2 passes in. I work nights so I stayed up in the morning after work to go. It was a waste of time all we did was sir around. I've been going to sir for a couple of years now and every time I go I think the experience cannot get any worse and it always does. They let the crappiest cars pass tech then they break down. One time I was there on my bike I noticed one of the guys bikes was leaking oil in the staffing lanes. It was a significant amount of oil leaving a trail down the staging lanes. I told him his bike was leaking and he said "It's ok it only does that when it's not running." Then took off down the track. I told the guy running the staging lanes. He said something into his walkie talkie and one of the guys on the starting line started mopping the start line. The staging lane guy turned and looked back at me and shrugged. Then they let the guy keep running. How on earth did he pass tech and why did they let him keep running his bike that was obviously leaking oil?

Sorry to rant but it is just frustrating that they are so disorganized and don't seem to try to fix problems. Half of the people working are really nice and cool to talk to. Then the other half are A holes. If there were another option nearby I'd probably never go to SIR again. Hopefully the new road course that has been in the works for the Tucson area gets built soon and has a dual purpose straight away like Arroyo Seco.
That is good to know, I can bring that to their attention if I get the opportunity.
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:50 PM   #10041
mar10

Does anybody have any recommendations for dynotunes in the area? I'm in the process of ordering some bolt ons and I'll need a tune when I install them.

Locally I know of two shops in Tucson but neither of them have had very high reviews from people I know. When I was on the corvette forum the general consensus was go to Phoenix. But I figured I'd ask on here since there are more people.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:23 PM   #10042
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
I used the outline of Heysup Lee's sketch, blew that up, then free hand the rest. I have the coupe version too, but nowhere to put it.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
That is cool! I couldn't do that even with a stencil. Paint and I don't get along very well.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:29 PM   #10043
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Does anybody have any recommendations for dynotunes in the area? I'm in the process of ordering some bolt ons and I'll need a tune when I install them.

Locally I know of two shops in Tucson but neither of them have had very high reviews from people I know. When I was on the corvette forum the general consensus was go to Phoenix. But I figured I'd ask on here since there are more people.
FWIW - I went with a remote tune and data logging from Jannetty Racing and had Top Gear Motorsports in the Phoenix area install my cam, headers, and some other goodies. No regrets so far. Still running strong after several track days and four years later.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:51 AM   #10044
azburk

Drives: 2013 SW ZL1 #7243
[QUOTE=mar10;8181464]I went this weekend for the test and tune. It was horrible. I got there about 1115am and left at 330 pm. Only got 2 passes in. I work nights so I stayed up in the morning after work to go. It was a waste of time all we did was sir around. I've been going to sir for a couple of years now and every time I go I think the experience cannot get any worse and it always does. They let the crappiest cars pass tech then they break down. One time I was there on my bike I noticed one of the guys bikes was leaking oil in the staffing lanes. It was a significant amount of oil leaving a trail down the staging lanes. I told him his bike was leaking and he said "It's ok it only does that when it's not running." Then took off down the track. I told the guy running the staging lanes. He said something into his walkie talkie and one of the guys on the starting line started mopping the start line. The staging lane guy turned and looked back at me and shrugged. Then they let the guy keep running. How on earth did he pass tech and why did they let him keep running his bike that was obviously leaking oil?

You have to get out there early. I hot lapped 3 times by 0915, hardly anybody there. DA was great and the ZL1 ran awesome!
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2015, 12:25 PM   #10045
mar10

I planned on being out there early but got held up at work.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:58 PM   #10046
jasycz28
J.Sick

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:

ESTuned hands down.
https://www.facebook.com/ESTUNED
Old 01-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #10047
Bradley
Gray Eagle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM, 1994 Camaro
Ok, I know it is a little late and there is not much reaction time, but we are passing through Tucson tonight and planning a stop to eat at Red Robin. We should be there about 630pm. Come on out and join us!

Ordered - 14 Aug 2009 Born - 4 Nov 2009 Delivered - 17 Dec 2009
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:32 PM   #10048
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Does anyone have recommendations for a good tire shop in Tucson? My factory Pirelli's are on the wear indicators now and I need new tires soon. I have a few tire choices in mind. I just need a good, reputable shop. Thanks.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:21 PM   #10049
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
Does anyone have recommendations for a good tire shop in Tucson? My factory Pirelli's are on the wear indicators now and I need new tires soon. I have a few tire choices in mind. I just need a good, reputable shop. Thanks.
I went with Jack Furrrier's Tires my last go around. I went to the Palo Verde location, no sales tax. I got a online quote, they beat everyone's price, even Costco and Discount. I saved around $200 on my Michelin SS Pilots. Wherever you decide, check for rebates, tire company's switch off every month.

Link:
http://www.jackfurriers.com/paloverde.htm
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #10050
Transformed
Roxy

Drives: 2012 Red Camaro 2SS RS
Hoping to get some advice from you all...I want to upgrade my 2012 SS exhaust system - it's stock now. Any recommendations? I did Flowmasters on my LT and they were good but making sure there's not a better option out there. Also, any recommendations as to where to buy?
Transformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #10051
mar10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformed View Post
Hoping to get some advice from you all...I want to upgrade my 2012 SS exhaust system - it's stock now. Any recommendations? I did Flowmasters on my LT and they were good but making sure there's not a better option out there. Also, any recommendations as to where to buy?
Are you doing a full exhaust or just the axle back? My car came with some type of flowmaster mufflers on it. The tone was good and it had a nice deceleration gurgling sound but it was pretty quiet. After I did stainless power long tube headers it got lost but not too loud unless I get on it. There's a slight drone around 900-1100 rpm if I'm just cruising though. I ordered the headers from RDP Store on here and installed them myself. If you're looking for a place to do work for you try PSI near Ruthroff. I was in there the other day getting my car on the dyno and was taking to the owner Archie. They are known for their import work but they had a mustang in there that they are building up that was over 700 hp at the wheels.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:51 AM   #10052
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
Quote:
Another vote for ESTune here. I think its like $400 and free retunes for life (just pay for dyno time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformed View Post
I have the Pfadt headers, (in case anyone missed it they are coming back, they've partnered with a company in Cali) and a Borla S type catback. Where I live theres no State inspection so I have no cats.

It sounds out freakin standing. Nice low end rumble that builds to a roar. I stop in at meet ups here n there whenever I have a Thursday off. You can check out the sound if we cross paths

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote