Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #29
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzox View Post
This is a pm sent to john and his answers this should help out some questions.
THANK YOU!!!!!
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #30
ChrisB

Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Well thats good enough for me, i wont be stuck with a "greenish" looking light in my yellow car!
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #31
454lsxss

Drives: 07 Scion tC. for now...
This really upsets me. I WANT RED. I mean sure, the orange is cool and all, but why do the Aussies get the cool colors...

yes, i know, they don't even make the W427 anymore, but the interior of that car, even if there is a little too much red, I want something like that in my Maro! Especially after GM goes around flashing their 'victory red interior accent package' or the 'victory red carbon trim kit' and I definitely want the red ambient lighting..CHANGE IT!! [orangesucks]
454lsxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #32
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
That is a nice interior i would go for something like that.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:57 PM   #33
Scooter

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Too bad they are going to get their @sses handed to them on Dec 21st when I'm watching them at SOLDIER FIELD in CHICAGO as DA BEARS beat on them!!!

Another thread going off topic, but I just found out today that we got 4 tickets AND PRE-GAME FIELD PASSES to the Bears/Packers game on Dec 21st! My first time to a Bears game in Chicago! ...and then we get to watch Da Bears in Houston the following week as they play the Texans!
GO BEARS!!!
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #34
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Not sure about how "easily remedied" it will be, since nobody has taken one apart yet.
What's so hard? You disconnect / cut the pos & neg wires to the stock lighting, remove said lighting, and reconnect / solder to aftermarket lighting of choice - fitment really isn't a issue either with thin products today light light tape (less than a millimeter thick) and optics tubes. Easier than a car stereo install
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #35
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
We keep getting different anwsers on this one all the time so i sent a pm to Fbodfahter last night to get the real info, still no reply

From the look of this thing, the lights will be yellow after all they are calling this option "Body Colored lighted trim kit" and judging from this picture the dash does stay blue

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=accesories
Please let us know what he says -hopefully they are working on this. The guys who were at the Q&A at indy asked the question and were specifically told that only blue and orange would be available, and that the trim kit only replaces the panels, not the lighting
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:26 PM   #36
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post
Please let us know what he says -hopefully they are working on this. The guys who were at the Q&A at indy asked the question and were specifically told that only blue and orange would be available, and that the trim kit only replaces the panels, not the lighting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzox View Post
This is a pm sent to john and his answers this should help out some questions.
the pm Sizzox got is alot closer to the source then scott considering Johnnycamaro is the gm accessories manager for the Camaro....
Old 10-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #37
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Yep. Like we always say *things change*. We don't want to spread false rumors. That's out of the question. It didn't make sense to me either, but could have been a cool idea. I think it would be much better for the panel to light up the color the panel is...not the way I had explained it previously.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #38
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
so the only way you can get a yellow interior trim kit in yellow is if you get a yellow car? and subsequently the same for orange, white, or silver? or would it be possible for me to get my car in black and have a yellow interior? and will all this even be an option for the 1SS?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #39
ChrisB

Drives: 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfan24 View Post
so the only way you can get a yellow interior trim kit in yellow is if you get a yellow car? and subsequently the same for orange, white, or silver? or would it be possible for me to get my car in black and have a yellow interior? and will all this even be an option for the 1SS?
Well im pretty sure youll be able to order any color you want since you have to order the interior trim kit at the parts departement of your local chevy dealer.

Theres no interior ambient lighting in 1SS cars so you wont be able to light it up but you still could probably be able to change the panels to yellow if you want too.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #40
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
^Yep. Like we always say *things change*. We don't want to spread false rumors. That's out of the question. It didn't make sense to me either, but could have been a cool idea. I think it would be much better for the panel to light up the color the panel is...not the way I had explained it previously.
JohnnyCamaro said Silver was a color choice. I am guessing this is the color that we have seen in the prepro cars. If the light is white and changes color based on the color of the trim, then the stock version of the ambient light would be gray - NOT Blue?

I'm still not understanding it.

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #41
BBfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
Well im pretty sure youll be able to order any color you want since you have to order the interior trim kit at the parts departement of your local chevy dealer.

Theres no interior ambient lighting in 1SS cars so you wont be able to light it up but you still could probably be able to change the panels to yellow if you want too.
Note to GM. Please allow ambient lighting to be an option in the 1SS without the leather upgrade. Or at least let me order it through the parts department
Old 10-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #42
BBfan24

thank you!