Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #43
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
I don't see the production of saleable vehicles starting anyplace but Oshawa.
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:46 AM   #44
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryman69 View Post
Well, thats where I work. I live in Snow Hill NC. Maybe one day we will be next to each other at a red light...lol
by any chance do you go to the fayetteville drag strip? I've been out there a few times.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:58 AM   #45
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3whiterag View Post
I doubt that very much when GM is trying to control costs! Why double up on tooling when it is not necessary. See post #32
Tooling and engineering is already happening for the car in Australia right now, right? They can always move that stuff over to Oshawa. That's what they're doing with the Pontiac G8. If it can be done with the G8, it can be done with the Camaro. As time wears on, they'll realize that this two year media hype will grow old and they will change strategy. You never unveil a concept car 3 years before its production date. You do it two years before, max. They'll have it out sooner. Any increase in production costs would be temporary and could be made up later. They risk losing more money by being late to the dance.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:08 AM   #46
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
Tooling and engineering is already happening for the car in Australia right now, right? They can always move that stuff over to Oshawa. That's what they're doing with the Pontiac G8. If it can be done with the G8, it can be done with the Camaro. As time wears on, they'll realize that this two year media hype will grow old and they will change strategy. You never unveil a concept car 3 years before its production date. You do it two years before, max. They'll have it out sooner. Any increase in production costs would be temporary and could be made up later. They risk losing more money by being late to the dance.
Time will tell.
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote