Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
speedtrip

Drives: TriumphSpeedTriple, Ridgeline
New Member concerned about rear seat view

Hi All,
New member here, but have been a lurker for over a year. This seems to be the best Camaro forum out there with great user, dealer, and GM employee involvement.

So, on to my maybe-not-so-odd question (and I tried searching for this)...

What is the view like for a child sitting in a forward facing child seat affixed to the backseat? I've got a 15 month old son that I'd like to cruise around with and spread the love for muscle. He'll be sitting in his Recaro Young Sport (highly recommended--www.recarochildseats.com). I'm hoping it props him up high enough to see out of the small rear window. Other thoughts are folding down the passenger seat so he can see forward while we're haulin' a$$.

Anyone share this concern? Any kicka$$ GM employee with a CTF willing to take a picture with a child seat installed?

btw, I'm considering a manual 1SS (no options) or a 1LT/RS, either will be ABM (sweet!), but wife would like me to get a bmw 335 e92 coupe. Yes, the window deal for the kid is a big deal to her. I don't see the point in picking up a used '07 335 for $28k when my GMS discount gets me a brand new 1SS and helps North American GDP.

And please no suggestions that I get a G8 or similar. RWD manual coupe is desired. We already have a grocery getter paid off.

Thanks,
speedtrip
speedtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
GOLDDOG

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS & 08 JSB Corvette
I have a strong feeling that for a little one, it is going to be like a cave back there.
GOLDDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Welcome to the site! And I would agree with what GOLDDOG said, but your boy might think that is cool!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
HeatherR

Drives: 2009 CTS, 2008 Solstice GXP
I would take a photo for you, but we don't have any kids (or car seats). I would agree I doubt it will be a great view based on my own time riding in the backseat. Looking out the back like you mention is a possibility

My sister and her two girls visit in a few weeks (with car seats) and if you're still looking for an answer I can take a few pics then
HeatherR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #5
speedtrip

Drives: TriumphSpeedTriple, Ridgeline
Thanks for the welcome. And thank you HeatherR for the offer for pics in a few weeks. I'll take you up on that unless a dealer V6 car shows up in StL soon (before May 6th). Too bad I missed Number 3 when he came through town.

I wonder if there are others like me waiting to pull the trigger over this issue. Well, this, and I haven't been able to sit in one myself.
speedtrip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby, car seat, child seat, view