Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 09-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #71
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
I am new to the North Carolina area and thinking of buying a 2013 camaro. I live near the Charlotte area. I could use some help deciding where to go for getting one.
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #72
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Checking in from Mooresville, NC! Hope to make the next Cars & Coffee meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
I am new to the North Carolina area and thinking of buying a 2013 camaro. I live near the Charlotte area. I could use some help deciding where to go for getting one.
I would highly suggest City Chevrolet in Charlotte, we ordered ours there in 2009. They were the only reasonable dealership willing to sell at MSRP when everyone else wanted at least $1k over sticker.
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #73
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly@PCMofNC View Post
Checking in from Mooresville, NC! Hope to make the next Cars & Coffee meet!

I would highly suggest City Chevrolet in Charlotte, we ordered ours there in 2009. They were the only reasonable dealership willing to sell at MSRP when everyone else wanted at least $1k over sticker.
Hopefully you guys can make it down there in October. I need to get up with you or Alvin about some future business.

And Jonster, you may also want to check out Carter Cheverolet in Shelby. If you are planning on modding in the future, from what I have seen they are a little more friendly about it than many other dealers. They are also a Sponsor of 5th Gen Camaros of the Carolinas.
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #74
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Thank you for the responses. I plan on trying to get a camaro within the next month or 2. Hopefully I can get what I want (or order at least) at a reasonable price.

I will probably enjoy what it is for a while, but will DEFINITELY be modding it up in the future. Thanks for the tips.
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #75
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Drives: Built '10 IBM 2SS; '15 Black Z/28
for those not too far from Fayetteville, this Saturday is a track day at the F-ville dragway; proceeds go towards Cancer charity, I believe. Camaro South Jacksonville and National Speed (Wilmington) will be coming in for the event....a great way to get warmed up to the Camaro community if you are still on the fence!!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #76
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Coming sometime in Nov...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #77
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
Anything happening near Raleigh this weekend?
whemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #78
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
ill be in charlotte area again from 10/9 - 10/15, anything going on up there?
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #79
CyberBri
BRUCE WAYNES DD

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
just ordered JBA long tubes and full 3"...where can i get it put on locally for the low??

CyberBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #80
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
FYI, if you're near Mooresville, NC, there is a get together Thursday October 4th at 8pm at the QuikTrip gas station that's right down the road from Randy Marion. I always see those guys on Thursday nights, this time I'm finally going to stop in. Anyone else going?

I'm also planning on checking out Cars & Coffee on Saturday, and then heading up to the Kooks Headers show after that. Phew, going to put more miles on the Camaro in three days than she normally gets in a month

Finally going to put a cam in it next week. Funny how my own cars always come dead last when it comes to being worked on! We're always so busy with customer builds that we put our projects on hold. We have a pretty serious 2010 in the shop right now that I can't wait to get running, you guys will love it. The customer is going to have to pry the keys out of my hands, lol.
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #81
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
There is a show and drag on Oct 13 at Fayetteville Motorsports Park, all money raised goes to St. Judes Children Hospital. A large Mustang forum is hosting it and reached out to us at Camaro South and invited us to participate in it... just to create some friendly competition and help raise money.

Here is what they posted on our forum about it:

LOL, friendly competition, I like that. Just wanted to remind you guys of this event going on OCT 13th. Its gonna be a great event, my wife Kristen and Myself along with a few other Carolina Mustang Chapter individuals will be leading this. The more participation the better plus with the dragrace competition the little Mustang vs Camaro rivalry should be fun!

Just to break the event down a bit there is going to be a car show (best Mopar, GM, Ford, best of show and kids choice) I would really like if one of the Camaro south individuals to participate in being a judge.

Competition Auto "should" be participating in the event along with Fastlane. It would be great for Speed shops that are geared towards GM, Mopar, etc to participate, the more the merrier. Just get in touch with me on that so I can start engaging them.

The dragrace comp will be broken down in four classes.
1. Street radial, N/A.
2. Drag Radial, N/A.
3. Single power adder, street radial
4. Single power adder, Drag radial

Theres a potential 5th class just for bragging rights.

We're still trying to get ahold of the mobile dyno so we can conduct a "high HP" event which we hope attracts a big crowd.

Some of the donations have been geared towards the Mustang community:

blow by racing= $250.00 worth in gift certs
American muscle= $250.00 worth in gift certs
MGW= $200.00 donation
Nationwide insurance= $200.00 donation
JLT= gift cert for Oil separator
Late model resto= tshirts and goodies
Freedom racing suspension= suspension parts
Hypermotive= $250.00 worth in gift certs (carries GM parts)

Children's raffle: Mustang (maybe Camaro too) remote control car.

There will be a 50/50 raffle for the prizes. Cost for the raffle tickets are still TBD. If you guys have any questions or concerns just send me an email: info@hypermotiveperformance.com or give us a call, numbers are on the flyer. I really look forward to seeing as many of you guys there. I should be seeing you guys in your next event at the track. Thanks!!
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #82
BFASTNOTLAST

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Quote:
FYI, if you're near Mooresville, NC, there is a get together Thursday October 4th at 8pm at the QuikTrip gas station that's right down the road from Randy Marion. I always see those guys on Thursday nights, this time I'm finally going to stop in. Anyone else going?

I'm also planning on checking out Cars & Coffee on Saturday, and then heading up to the Kooks Headers show after that. Phew, going to put more miles on the Camaro in three days than she normally gets in a month

Finally going to put a cam in it next week. Funny how my own cars always come dead last when it comes to being worked on! We're always so busy with customer builds that we put our projects on hold. We have a pretty serious 2010 in the shop right now that I can't wait to get running, you guys will love it. The customer is going to have to pry the keys out of my hands, lol.
I will be at kooks on Saturday. I have a lot of tuning questions I would like to chat with you about. My car is about to start the mod process and my biggest concern is the tuning aspect of it all. I don't know how I will find you but my car will be on the dyno at some point, it's a black SS with a Sinister ram air hood, if that helps any. Hopefully I will bring home a full exhaust system. Anyway shout at me if you see the car.....
BFASTNOTLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #83
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Quote:

I should be down at cars and coffee in the morning and I'll definitely be up at Kook's. I'll keep an eye on the dyno and hopefully see you all there.
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #84
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Drives: Built '10 IBM 2SS; '15 Black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
There is a show and drag on Oct 13 at Fayetteville Motorsports Park, all money raised goes to St. Judes Children Hospital. A large Mustang forum is hosting it and reached out to us at Camaro South and invited us to participate in it... just to create some friendly competition and help raise money.

Here is what they posted on our forum about it:

LOL, friendly competition, I like that. Just wanted to remind you guys of this event going on OCT 13th. Its gonna be a great event, my wife Kristen and Myself along with a few other Carolina Mustang Chapter individuals will be leading this. The more participation the better plus with the dragrace competition the little Mustang vs Camaro rivalry should be fun!

Just to break the event down a bit there is going to be a car show (best Mopar, GM, Ford, best of show and kids choice) I would really like if one of the Camaro south individuals to participate in being a judge.

Competition Auto "should" be participating in the event along with Fastlane. It would be great for Speed shops that are geared towards GM, Mopar, etc to participate, the more the merrier. Just get in touch with me on that so I can start engaging them.

The dragrace comp will be broken down in four classes.
1. Street radial, N/A.
2. Drag Radial, N/A.
3. Single power adder, street radial
4. Single power adder, Drag radial

Theres a potential 5th class just for bragging rights.

We're still trying to get ahold of the mobile dyno so we can conduct a "high HP" event which we hope attracts a big crowd.

Some of the donations have been geared towards the Mustang community:

blow by racing= $250.00 worth in gift certs
American muscle= $250.00 worth in gift certs
MGW= $200.00 donation
Nationwide insurance= $200.00 donation
JLT= gift cert for Oil separator
Late model resto= tshirts and goodies
Freedom racing suspension= suspension parts
Hypermotive= $250.00 worth in gift certs (carries GM parts)

Children's raffle: Mustang (maybe Camaro too) remote control car.

There will be a 50/50 raffle for the prizes. Cost for the raffle tickets are still TBD. If you guys have any questions or concerns just send me an email: info@hypermotiveperformance.com or give us a call, numbers are on the flyer. I really look forward to seeing as many of you guys there. I should be seeing you guys in your next event at the track. Thanks!!
single power added on street radials... I like it already....except Coastal Plains is hosting an event in J-Ville for Wounded Warriors! tough choice!